The Wilderless Years

3 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

HBW , you do seem a bit obsessed with defending united and wilder. You must have posted about 10 times last night and this morning.

Are you sure you are on the right site lol

How dare you!

You must have missed the bit where I called him a full weight bell end.

The fact is we would be delighted if we had a manager who could take us from the 3rd division to the top half of the Premier League in 4 seasons, even if the 5th season ended in relegation.

We have some who would build a statue for Megson, who couldn't even complete the job of getting us out of the 3rd division. 

2 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Just had a look and Boro play the pigs at the sty on New Year’s Day. Gonna be some reyt scrapping between their own fans at that one

Seems to be a vert divisive figure among their fans. 

Go on their forum and some still consider him the second coming, whilst others pretty much lay the current predicament at his door. 

Here’s Wilder just before they signed Brewster: 

“We’re confident that we can get the one that we want and if not we’re confident that there will be other players that will find Sheffield United an attractive proposition and they will be within our budget that we’ve had and the owners have given me.”

On the quartet who have already arrived at Bramall Lane, Wilder said: “Pound for pound when the window is shut and the players are in place, I will be delighted.

“I’d say that it has been the best transfer window we’ve had in my time at the club. We’ve had to be patient and there has been a lot of hard work done.

“But getting the other one is important. That will take us up to 25 players for the squad and complete our business.”

Says it’s a great window and within budget (blows a hole in the ‘he could spend what he wanted theory’)

Also funny to read that quote from the guy who blamed the Board not backing him, and absolved himself of any blame in the process.

Here he is again in early 2021:

“As much as I respect other peoples’ opinions, they should also respect mine, which was to bring a couple of players in. 

“But, the other makes the decisions at a football club, and he has to carry that burden with him, and the responsibility to do the best for the club, and I respect the decision that’s been made.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Buck Rogers said:

Jokanovic just isn't a culture fit for United.

It's weird but I feel that certain personalities suit certain clubs and just don't fit in others.

United have done well with tracksuit managers like Basset, Warnock and Wilder.

We've done (mostly) well when our managers wear great coats. Like Jack Charlton, Big Ron, Carlos and erm, occasionally Paul Sturrock.

But poor old Slavisa would've been on that bus home from Blackburn yesterday listening to Billy the Pig telling him all about pashun, chip butties and Matalan tracksuits all the while dreaming of the day he will get sacked, returning to Doha and enjoying a croissant & ristretto for breakfast on the balcony of his sun drenched penthouse instead.

So obviously we need to identify who wears the best coat and get our next manager lined up. Alternatively get Darren Moore on Queer eye for the straight guy, ensuring he has a great coat.

• Thanks 1

Aside from coats, Wilder feels like a good fit for Boro as long as Gibson lets him sign a few players (obvs not ones with a transfer fee though).

He'll tap intot he working class, everyone against us, poor little Boro mentality and they'll lap it up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

I've believed for many years that a great coat is all that is required for a great Wednesday manager. 

Look at Jos, Monk and Pulis - all had rubbish clobber.

Unfortunately for Darren Moore he's too big for a great coat. Ultimately this is what will get him sacked.

We should go old school and go sheepskin coat

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

Aside from coats, Wilder feels like a good fit for Boro as long as Gibson lets him sign a few players (obvs not ones with a transfer fee though).

He'll tap intot he working class, everyone against us, poor little Boro mentality and they'll lap it up. 

And he really can moan about how much  money the geordies have.

Dem blades are really getting their knickers twisted about players being out p1ssed up in the city centre at the weekend. Apparently it was ok to do it under the bus driver, but now it’s totally unacceptable. Bladesman culture innit. But it’s ok for the fat lad to do it because while he was p1ssed up he can gob off about how much he hates us. 

They really are a strange breed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

This is brilliant, but also 100% bang on. 

United are and always have been at their best when they've been managed by some hideous, snarling scrubber. 

As ever when it comes to the Ched Scrubbers, Sheffield Dave absolutely nailing it.lol

On 08/11/2021 at 06:55, Buck Rogers said:

Jokanovic just isn't a culture fit for United.

It's weird but I feel that certain personalities suit certain clubs and just don't fit in others.

United have done well with tracksuit managers like Basset, Warnock and Wilder.

We've done (mostly) well when our managers wear great coats. Like Jack Charlton, Big Ron, Carlos and erm, occasionally Paul Sturrock.

But poor old Slavisa would've been on that bus home from Blackburn yesterday listening to Billy the Pig telling him all about pashun, chip butties and Matalan tracksuits all the while dreaming of the day he will get sacked, returning to Doha and enjoying a croissant & ristretto for breakfast on the balcony of his sun drenched penthouse instead.

Fantastic 😂

• Thanks 1