The Wilderless Years

On 23/11/2021 at 01:59, Plonk said:

The beautiful thing is with their finances, they now have to sell to keep them financially stable, but they’ve no one to sell. Iceberg was probably the only one but he’s looking more and more like a poor crock. The two strikers who are playing are both geriatrics, and their £60m strikers can’t even get on the bench.  Think they have around nine players out of contract in the summer, so they have a big predicament in letting them walk or renewing big contracts.

Quite unbelievable the mess wilders put them in, given what he had achieved. F*ck ups of this magnitude are usually our style.

That must be the 'legacy' which most think that Wilder has left them....

On 23/11/2021 at 01:59, Plonk said:

The beautiful thing is with their finances, they now have to sell to keep them financially stable, but they’ve no one to sell. Iceberg was probably the only one but he’s looking more and more like a poor crock. The two strikers who are playing are both geriatrics, and their £60m strikers can’t even get on the bench.  Think they have around nine players out of contract in the summer, so they have a big predicament in letting them walk or renewing big contracts.

Quite unbelievable the mess wilders put them in, given what he had achieved. F*ck ups of this magnitude are usually our style.

Yeah, as funny as it would be, we don't need them to be relegated for them to have f*cked it. 

All they need to do is stay down, and something's got to give if they do. Players will be sold for less than they need. There will be tough decisions on retaining popular players. The quality and cost of replacements will have to come down. 

Said this before but for me the key thing is losing Billy, and you can perhaps include Basham in that as well. They're the talismen and they still rely on Billy especially to dig them out of holes. If I recall, they're also both out of contract in the summer? Ideal scenario they f*ck off to join Wilder up at Boro. Losing those two from a team in transition, with too many overpaid players who don't want to be there and have only known losing, and I think we'll see things start to snowball extremely quickly. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Yeah, as funny as it would be, we don't need them to be relegated for them to have f*cked it. 

All they need to do is stay down, and something's got to give if they do. Players will be sold for less than they need. There will be tough decisions on retaining popular players. The quality and cost of replacements will have to come down. 

Said this before but for me the key thing is losing Billy, and you can perhaps include Basham in that as well. They're the talismen and they still rely on Billy especially to dig them out of holes. If I recall, they're also both out of contract in the summer? Ideal scenario they f*ck off to join Wilder up at Boro. Losing those two from a team in transition, with too many overpaid players who don't want to be there and have only known losing, and I think we'll see things start to snowball extremely quickly. 

Great story.

15 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

One can only hope!

Andy Giddings saying it's true on Twitter

Understand reports of Slavisa Jokanovic imminent departure from #sufc are true. Expecting more details later today.

All over Twitter 

So basically Slav has said they aren’t very good these I need that money you said I could have and the prince has gone nah mate not happening, so he’s walked. What a joke club we are at the minute #twitterblades

Edited by darra

Haha haha. Brilliant. What a shambles. I was seriously worried when they gave him the job. Be interesting to see if he has walked or sacked.

if he has walked it shows they are skint and a shambles.

if he’s sacked it going to cost them even more money they don’t have.

looking like heck or Colin. Both nice cheapest options. 

Though im sure they’ll be screaming for wilder to come back.

Who are they seriously going to get who will be any better?

It's not the managers fault if the players just aren't good enough and he hasn't been backed despite a few decent loan signings

I could see Warnock taking it on 

Just now, IWEDFM said:

Who are they seriously going to get who will be any better?

It's not the managers fault if the players just aren't good enough and he hasn't been backed despite a few decent loan signings

I could see Warnock taking it on 

Indeed. They have literally just sacked a manager with one of the best records of promotion from this division in recent years. Doubt someone like Farke would go there, so will end up being a sentimental choice like Colin, even though half the fanbase hated him the first time around.