The Wilderless Years

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

That Jebbison could be the one they get some money for. I have it on good authority Everton have already agreed terms with his agent. They just need to sort out a fee.

Turned £5m down apparently. Crazy money for a kid who’s played 4 league games for them (although he has scored more league goals for them than the £23m man)

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

There will be uproar if they sell Jebbison.

They're all squealing for "Jeb" to be their main striker. 

Might not have a choice if they have to get cash in fast? Funny that a kid whose played a few games is more saleable than their £23m striker

13 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Turned £5m down apparently. Crazy money for a kid who’s played 4 league games for them (although he has scored more league goals for them than the £23m man)

Remember Everton paid decent money for DCL from them before he's even scored (he'd scored a few on loan at Northampton). I asked my mate this morning and he just came back to me and said "United turned it down as it was potentially £5m and they want money upfront".

Looking like they need cash. They may be getting to the point where their cashflow is not what they need it to be and they may have to sell the players they dont want to.

Heartbreaking.

• Love 1

The one thing you can give United credit for is they've convinced everybody that anyone coming from their academy and scoring a first team goal is worth £8m. Very impressive.

That said, just remembered some more of their banter.

"Forresti Hairy"

Ugh.

• Haha 1

Because it’s them, it’s bloody hilarious to see how they’ve stuffed such a commanding position up and they now appear to be in quite a pickle on and off the pitch.

Stepping back from our rivalry with them for a moment, it’s quite alarming how quickly things at a football club can go south.

But ultimately it is them that are going south, so it is bloody hilarious.

Edited by Loxley Owl

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

The one thing you can give United credit for is they've convinced everybody that anyone coming from their academy and scoring a first team goal is worth £8m. Very impressive.

That said, just remembered some more of their banter.

"Forresti Hairy"

Ugh.

Well, £8million is low considering last season I heard some of them quoting him to be worth upwards £30mil

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Guedioura is 36 in a couple of months and has done nothing of note since his time at Watford which was over 4 years ago. He is also not known for having the greatest mentality when things aren't going swimmingly, seems a bit of a desperate move to turn to in order to try and change things.  

Is his hand that bad? They still have the basis of the team that got promoted from the Championship, Norwich were almost as bad in the PL a couple of seasons ago as Utd were last season but got back up. 

Seems the in-fighting is taking its toll, the mood around the club has deteriorated significantly since the prince took overall control and the big money they spent last season has made them worse. 

It was obvious that Wilder and the board didn't see eye to eye. The way they bumbled through the last 3 months of last season without a clear plan was weird and now not hitting the ground running has piled on the pressure. 

Difference being that Norwich had a relatively young squad, stuck to their wage structure and principles and with the same manager and added more quality to their squad. 

The pigs... Well fill in the blanks 😂😂

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

Tbf it'd be another academy product that has produced significant income for them, something a lot of teams are still way off.

Agreed, I hope Moore sorts ours out and we finally built our own infrastructure. There's tons of talent in the local area. Pigs and Barnsley prove it. 

On Jebbison, £8m sounds a lot, but can see him being better than DCL, and with prices as they are he'll be a £35m player in the next 2-3 seasons for me 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Agreed, I hope Moore sorts ours out and we finally built our own infrastructure. There's tons of talent in the local area. Pigs and Barnsley prove it. 

On Jebbison, £8m sounds a lot, but can see him being better than DCL, and with prices as they are he'll be a £35m player in the next 2-3 seasons for me 

Compared to 5 touches and his £23.5m fee Jebbo will be worth more than Grealish......if he gets one more goal 🤦

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Think it’s above Moore’s remit to sort our academy out. Needs a huge infrastructure overhaul.

8 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Wonder if they will be forced into a fire sale over the next week, iceberger going for less than they paid for him, accepting £5m for 5 touches?

Don't forget non payment of football creditors = umbongo..... just like derby

£5m for brewster?!?! Who on earth would pay that! Hes awful ( ive never actually seen him play in fairness. Just going on his amazing 5 touches, no goals record lol )

12 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

£5m for brewster?!?! Who on earth would pay that! Hes awful ( ive never actually seen him play in fairness. Just going on his amazing 5 touches, no goals record lol )

Always some manager who thinks he can sort a player out.....oh but you are correct about him being terrible, which makes it even funnier when bthere fans think that he should be starting