The Wilderless Years

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He was shipped out on loan. And his goals to game ratio at Wednesday is pretty decent. But yeah let’s just ignore that.

He wasn’t as good as his transfer fee. Terrible business from the club. Incidentally Villa did similar paying 12m for Ross McCormack. At least Rhodes offered more for us than McCormack did for Villa.

Expensive gamble. But again not his fault. From what I saw he always gave his all - just came up short in terms of what we expected. 

As for the penalty thing. He didn’t feel confident. When you’ve got 1 minute to choose your 5 penalty takers. Are you going to go with the lads who are up for taking one or the lads who say they don’t feel confident? Penalties is a lottery. ******** poor to still criticise him for not taking one.

His goals to game ratio was OK. His actual number of games played was poor, never fit enough and Huddersfield are already finding that out, going to be a long 3 years.

He had multiple managers with us, none picked him regularly, tells its own story.

As for not taking a penalty, why is it poor to still be critical? It is my opinion. When you sign a goal scorer for a record fee who is a penalty taker it is not unreasonable to expect him to have the gumption to take one at a critical moment. Maybe some of the other lads weren't that confident either but at least stepped up, unlike the player who has taken them all his career and has been signed to score goals. 

Sorry, my fault for derailing it a bit with the Jordan Rhodes stuff. I feel he was an expensive flop and don't like him. I'm petty. I can cope with hating people without it negatively affecting me, I find it cathartic cos everything else in my life is bordering on perfect. 

Back to the pigs plight i reckon. Keep up the pee taking while we can. 

• Like 1

A friend of mine played with United when they got relegated in the 93-94 season. I remember him telling me that they had got used to full stadiums and all the trimmings and when they went back down 'before you know it, its November and your are mid table 10 points off the play offs and people are looking to get out of the door.

To be fair, the lad here did a good unbiased report, but of course he isn't a full inbred as he's from Lincoln.

49 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

Just seen this on FaceBook. It’s starting already. The call for Crissy.

9DA5BD18-DBD8-41F5-8032-BD224030C32F.jpeg

I’ll say it again.. the longer this goes on the better.

Let the infighting commence, and hope it sinks this manager.. and the next. 

There’s not a prayer Prince Quid is going back to that well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’ll say it again.. the longer this goes on the better.

Let the infighting commence, and hope it sinks this manager.. and the next. 

There’s not a prayer Prince Quid is going back to that well. 

100% - starting to think he's done far more damage than they know or want to see.

There will be fans asking for him back for years to come, and they're trying to make up the £100m he spent on mediocre players.

Outstanding, hope this rumbles on and on.