The Wilderless Years

3 hours ago, Skyline said:

Though if true, I would have expected them to be offloading Berge with the interest he's had over recent months. 

I imagine they'll be trying to offload this Jeb kid plus 2 from 3 of Ramsdale, Berge and Brewster - and relying on that to keep them ticking this year. Of those, Ramsdale has obviously gone, and I bet they'd much sooner keep Berge than Brewster.

As a few have said though, I don't know who is coming in for Brewster for anything, nevermind a valuation that does them any favours covering their books this year. 

16 hours ago, Owl Rly said:

Out of interest, where are those figures coming from?

My memories not what it was but I read just after their relegation that they needed to raise £40 m in sales to avoid financial difficulties. Everything else comes from their form.

Icebergs injury and subsequent form seems to have dampened any interest in him. Arsenal were the only ones interested and with Arteta under such pressure can’t see that being sanctioned now.

Five touches has got to be one of the worst signings ever, they will be lucky to get rid of him.

The managers comments on potential sales was interesting, basically saying I know nothing, and it’s nothing to do with me. Suggests to me transfers in and out are being controlled purely financially, rather than tactically.

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

My memories not what it was but I read just after their relegation that they needed to raise £40 m in sales to avoid financial difficulties. Everything else comes from their form.

They'll raise the money easily.

On 2 October 2020, Sheffield United announced the signing of Brewster from Liverpool on a five-year deal, for a reported fee of around £23.5 million.[31] The deal includes a buy back clause of £40 million, valid until 30 June 2023.

😀😀

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, darra said:

They'll raise the money easily.

On 2 October 2020, Sheffield United announced the signing of Brewster from Liverpool on a five-year deal, for a reported fee of around £23.5 million.[31] The deal includes a buy back clause of £40 million, valid until 30 June 2023.

😀😀

Absolute desperation to get a striker by a team that wouldn't look abroad ....So a £22m premium for buying British??

2 hours ago, darra said:

The deal includes a buy back clause of £40 million, valid until 30 June 2023.

It all starts to make sense. He's just pretending to be utter bobbins until that clause expires so that Liverpool don't buy him back at a reduced fee. Watch out season 2023/24, the reigns will really come off then.