The Wilderless Years

It was very obvious for the last 18 months that Wilder was leading them down a difficult path and only interested in protecting him own reputation at the cost of the club - always the fault of the players, the Board, the lack of fans, VAR, Jürgen Klopp etc

I was surprised more didn’t see it…it was very obvious. 

What is surprising to me now is that they are operating like a club that has some financial issues on the horizon. But then again they are paying players 55-60k a week…so I guess it shouldn’t be that surprising. 

I would think they need to shift Berge and Brewster ASAP

• Like 3

I think they will struggle to stay up.

Where were they without Wilder? They are heading back.

Brewster is to Sheff U what Rhodes was to Wednesday, a big money gamble that has back fired. The kid doesn’t want to be in Sheffield, they’ve thrown top money at him to be there. I remember him preferring the Crystal Palace option at the time but money obviously talks. 

Paper this morning says Brewster & Burke could be off, the only other kid I’ve heard is any good is Berge (50/50 whether he turns up) and I doubt he’ll be there that long. 

They’ve spent badly and are still relying on the likes Sharp and Mcgoldrick being thrown on late in to make an impact, that hasn’t worked for about 2 years. 

Don’t the think the new guy will last long and I’m sure I saw Nigel Atkins hovering around the ground yesterday morning 🤣

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

I think they will struggle to stay up.

Where were they without Wilder? They are heading back.

Brewster is to Sheff U what Rhodes was to Wednesday, a big money gamble that has back fired. The kid doesn’t want to be in Sheffield, they’ve thrown top money at him to be there. I remember him preferring the Crystal Palace option at the time but money obviously talks. 

Paper this morning says Brewster & Burke could be off, the only other kid I’ve heard is any good is Berge (50/50 whether he turns up) and I doubt he’ll be there that long. 

They’ve spent badly and are still relying on the likes Sharp and Mcgoldrick being thrown on late in to make an impact, that hasn’t worked for about 2 years. 

Don’t the think the new guy will last long and I’m sure I saw Nigel Atkins hovering around the ground yesterday morning 🤣

Nixon saying 5 touches might be off to rescue his career..

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Probably a loan

A top Championship team or a lower prem  team would be a good guess.

I think the kid probably thrives on having quality around him. He’s never had that with Sheff U.

To think he was a stand out player along with Foden and Sancho at the U17 World Cup. He’s got to be asking himself how he’s ended up in lower Heeley

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

A top Championship team or a lower prem  team would be a good guess.

I think the kid probably thrives on having quality around him. He’s never had that with Sheff U.

To think he was a stand out player along with Foden and Sancho at the U17 World Cup. He’s got to be asking himself how he’s ended up in lower Heeley

Guess someone will take a chance... maybe Swansea again

17 hours ago, BIG D said:

E4B4B7EB-F186-4517-B2DB-A3015766CCD3.thumb.jpeg.7861172dc23a4aa12a33f0cafcc9fec6.jpeg

I absolutely love this picture.

Properly going mental after equalising against Huddersfield at home FFS, by a man they signed for millions of pounds twice, after he couldn't be arsed the first times around.

Then they concede and lose minutes later.

You could not script it better 😂😂😂

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Django said:

I reckon it’s like when Clough took over Revie’s team at Leeds

I can we imagine it now… Flecky, Bashy, Sharpy all complaining about Jokanovic’s  training and how “Chrissy never had us doing this” 

He also reminds me of David Brent after he'd been made redundant in The Office. Kept turning up where he used to work because he thought they all still loved him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Skyline said:

Seen quite a few fans really turn against Wilder. So he's not as god like as he thinks.

Loads have called him all the names under the sun for wasting all the money on bang average players and jumping ship when it didn't go his way. 

His legacy is being wrecked. He should have made a move the end of that 1st season while his stock was high

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Django said:

I reckon it’s like when Clough took over Revie’s team at Leeds

I can we imagine it now… Flecky, Bashy, Sharpy all complaining about Jokanovic’s  training and how “Chrissy never had us doing this” 

Followed by who's up for a session mines a pint

Honestly, if that story about him going on the lash with the players is true, that would just about sum the bloke up. 

All about self interest and massaging his ego. 

Far too many of their fans drank the Kool-Aid with him and haven't woken up yet. 

• Like 2