The Wilderless Years

2 hours ago, JackSWFC said:

“[Jocanovic] made 11 changes from Saturday's 2-1 home defeat by Huddersfield and was ultimately rewarded for the alterations.”

So does Jok play the players that scraped a win against Wayne Rooney’s Derby County’s b team/U21’s, or give the team that lost to an injury time winner on the weekend another go?

Truly one of the great philosophical dilemmas of our time. 

• Haha 2

Well it’s going to be an interesting few days at the Lane. 
Manager says he needs four or five players in. They will lessen to offers for Burke and five touches and Everton will be back in for Jebend. 
And still need to raise another £16m to raise the £40m they need to break even. 
I think I hear the rumblings of a massive implosion in S2

Can you imagine if they sell those three and only bring in the 37 year old Algerian?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

Manager says he needs four or five players in. They will lessen to offers for Burke and five touches and Everton will be back in for Jebend. 

Can you imagine if they sell those three and only bring in the 37 year old Algerian?

Windsors World of Shoes will be stocking up this weekend, just in case

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

Out of interest, where are those figures coming from?

21 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Brings back memories...

wildersmillions.jpg.b389a5f8f240f40fa0cea4ba36f36830.jpg

Ridiculous to compare the 2,

Wasn't it the whole premise of Brewsters Millions that an ordinary man who had nothing had to 'waste' an eye watering amount of money and at the end of it all he couldn't have anything to show for it? Nothing that could be sold on for a price? All he could have were the clothes on his back and memories of all the money he wasted? 

Ah, not so ridiculous after all I see 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Owl Rly said:

Out of interest, where are those figures coming from?

There was an article in the Athletic earlier this year saying they basically need to raise £40m this summer to make up the shortfall incurred by getting relegated in hilarious fashion last season. 

If correct, they need to sell another £16m worth of players before they can make any proper signings… and they’ve got a few days (including a bank holiday weekend) left to do so. 

image.gif.354ec8b0fd6d1413ac51da4a81b94c69.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

There was an article in the Athletic earlier this year saying they basically need to raise £40m this summer to make up the shortfall incurred by getting relegated in hilarious fashion last season. 

If correct, they need to sell another £16m worth of players before they can make any proper signings… and they’ve got a few days (including a bank holiday weekend) left to do so. 

image.gif.354ec8b0fd6d1413ac51da4a81b94c69.gif

I assume this is why Brewster has suddenly become available. 

Despite his poor show for them, there will be some clubs willing to take the gamble on a young, English prospect. 

Though if true, I would have expected them to be offloading Berge with the interest he's had over recent months. 

I love it that some of them still believe they didn't spend anything compared to others.

They spent, net, c.£120m whilst they were in the Prem. Contrast that with Burnley who spent c.£8m, and Liverpool who spent c.£24m.

Crystal Palace made a £40m profit in the same two seasons.

Who in their right mind is going to buy Brewster off them? 

His only track record of note was half a season at Swansea a few years back in the Champ. 

Since then he's scored one goal for United since a 23 million pound move? Isn't this a move with a big sell on clause and buy back clause too? 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Who in their right mind is going to buy Brewster off them? 

His only track record of note was half a season at Swansea a few years back in the Champ. 

Since then he's scored one goal for United since a 23 million pound move? Isn't this a move with a big sell on clause and buy back clause too? 

Obviously they play in different positions, but it’s still staggering to think Brewster cost them over 100x what we paid for Iorfa