Strikers

Just now, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

We dont need crocks??

Dunkley,Hutch,Luongo,Iorfa,Windass....

Half our team are ...

UTO

TBH, that was my point. Maybe I should have said anymore crocks. Thought Hutch had been doing well though so not sure he should be in there.

9 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

On the right terms it’s a no brainier. Like the terms we got Hutchinson back on. 

We have no strikers. Windass is now injured. We need at least 2 ASAP if they announced Wickham tomorrow it would be a boost.

Yes you're right signing Wickham is a no brainer, anyone with an actual brain wouldn't sign him so that leaves only the none brainers that he is eligible to sign for.

I expect a 3 year deal for us will be announced over the next few days.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, room0035 said:

We won't be signing any players just missing out on premiership squads we are no where near that market anymore so the end of the window excuse should not apply.

Any premier league club player will be a youth loan so we should have them in now, not in 5 weeks time when we are sat near the bottom of the table unable to keep clear sheets and not scoring goals.

Maybe fans can pay for a 19 game season ticket, if the club cannot be bother to have a team ready for the full season, why should the fans have to pay for it.

That probably isn't in Wednesday's hands though. If the other club is waiting on another player coming in they aren't going to let someone go out on loan before that is done unless we were going to pay a big fee.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Grenoside owl said:

Whickham defo worth a shot, 28 so still got a few years in him too. Anyone who turns their nose up at this needs to realise we’re a L1 team with no, yes NO money.

So how do you propose we finance a deal for Wickham?

9 hours ago, Grenoside owl said:

Whickham defo worth a shot, 28 so still got a few years in him too. Anyone who turns their nose up at this needs to realise we’re a L1 team with no, yes NO money.

FFS  the only 28 involved here is 28 stone crock.

Played 3 games last season, out injured most of season and on bench or not in squad the rest.

So yeah, let's spunk the NO money we have on another treatment table candidate, if there's one vacant that is.

Reyt idea.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

What about that young Sterling lad who just got released by Tottenham. Was on loan at Sunderland last season I believe 

On 23/07/2021 at 14:44, Grenoside owl said:

So why would you throw money away in wages for a player who managed 2 hours of actual game time last season ? Sadly the Whickham of 7 years ago has long since disappeared and turned into a physio room regular more likely to breakdown than a 20 year old ford.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2021 at 07:08, Baldockowl said:

All seem to be above our pay scales

"True, the sticking point so far has been that every player we've looked at has said they won't work for free. Staying sustainable is going to be more challenging than I expected"

:Chansiri: