Strikers

2 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Ah ok, really hope we see some activity next week 

Yes I can imagine most Owlstalkers are refreshing the site every few minutes praying to see news of a striker.  

It’s really key we sign at least one player who can score 20+ goals next season,  in our previous promotion seasons we had Maclean and Madine and hopefully we are busy working on trying to sign someone who will score lots 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes I can imagine most Owlstalkers are refreshing the site every few minutes praying to see news of a striker.  

It’s really key we sign at least one player who can score 20+ goals next season,  in our previous promotion seasons we had Maclean and Madine and hopefully we are busy working on trying to sign someone who will score lots 

literally me lol 

yes exactly, really do need that kind of striker in 

Bolton trying to sign striker Kabongo Tshimanga from Boreham Wood. Free agent, decent goalscorer and only 24.

Peterborough have been looking at him as well in the past, relatively risk free signing, so hope we're looking at him too.

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Find it unbelievable we still have 0 out and out first team strikers at the club. Just a few wingers/attacking midfielders being made to play up top. 

Agree. I was going to make an analogy about building from the back, then remembered we don't have any competent GK's either. 

Like building a house, sorting the bricks, doors, windows etc but haven't got any foundations or a roof. 

I've said the same for the last few weeks, but surely a big week ahead and have to hope we pull our finger out. Can't go into the season with the two most important positions on the pitch having no time to train or play any pre season games (assuming we are now classing the cup game as a glorified pre season fixture)

On 23/07/2021 at 12:21, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Get Wickham in and Bony.....

Or stick with Patty and Windass......lol......

People saying no to Wickham,couldnt make it up.....

UTO.....

I'd love a fit Wickham here, it's just so long since hes been fit enough to play a season out. With less financial restraints I'd say yes, but in our current predicament we need players who'll give you 30 games a season. CW could well end up being the new Abdi. 

15 hours ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Bolton trying to sign striker Kabongo Tshimanga from Boreham Wood. Free agent, decent goalscorer and only 24.

Peterborough have been looking at him as well in the past, relatively risk free signing, so hope we're looking at him too.

Good shout has attributes we’re looking for.