Strikers

Just now, CircleSeven said:

If he is prepared to sign for a club on a ‘pay as you play’ deal I’d be pretty surprised if he comes here to do it. If he is actually fit enough to play and able to remain injury free I’d expect to see him in the Championship not L1. But I honestly can’t see him remaining injury free for a season ever again. It’s a crying shame because at his best he was terrific in the Championship. 

Not the mythical 'pay as you play' deal again...

• Love 1

Guest OwlPastie
24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The lad grew up in Liverpool, Wrexham is an hour down the road, yes they are a league below but not for long, with the financial backing thry have.

Its like a championship right back turning down championship offers to sign for a league one team to be nearer to home.😁😁😁😁

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/19464948.call-rob-mcelhenney-persuaded-record-breaking-striker-paul-mullin-sign-wrexham-afc/

He's said he spoke to Rob McElhenhey on the phone and his visions for the club convinced him.

He was convinced by this guy... 

5m36nyy9xi911.gif

43 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Not the mythical 'pay as you play' deal again...

I don’t believe they exist either (not at this level anyway). But it literally the only way taking Connor Wickham on would be a good idea. 

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Front two next season- Andy Carol and Connor Wickham anyone?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/connor-wickham/leistungsdaten/spieler/95435/plus/0?saison=2018

There you go, look at Wickham's stats for the last 3 seasons.

We'd be better off signing a Wicker foooking chair...........stronger legs to support the weight.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/connor-wickham/leistungsdaten/spieler/95435/plus/0?saison=2018

There you go, look at Wickham's stats for the last 3 seasons.

We'd be better off signing a Wicker foooking chair...........stronger legs to support the weight.

Yep your right, they are some good stats right there! Sign him up!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, fpowl said:

Here’s a list off free agents according to transfermarkt

Anyone anyone think might be realistic on a free before it’s here or the loan market 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Han Kwang-song would be an interesting signing from that lot, a chance for us to finally crack the North Korean shirt sales market

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

On the right terms it’s a no brainier. Like the terms we got Hutchinson back on. 

We have no strikers. Windass is now injured. We need at least 2 ASAP if they announced Wickham tomorrow it would be a boost.

No it’s barmy.

We have no striker and a budget of say £10kpw.

If we get Wickham we’d have an injured striker and a spent budget.

2 hours ago, OwlPastie said:

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/19464948.call-rob-mcelhenney-persuaded-record-breaking-striker-paul-mullin-sign-wrexham-afc/

He's said he spoke to Rob McElhenhey on the phone and his visions for the club convinced him.

He was convinced by this guy... 

5m36nyy9xi911.gif

I mean better to be convinced by someone who plays an idiot on TV for money, rather than the actual idiot that owns us

5 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Wonder if we’ve enquired about Sam Cosgrove at Birmingham 

Not really set the world on fire since his move and is now 3rd choice behind Juke and Hogan

Rumoured we were interested in January 

A) they paid £2m for him.

and 

B) he’s totally poo .

Hopefully that rules us out lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

We won't be signing any players just missing out on premiership squads we are no where near that market anymore so the end of the window excuse should not apply.

Any premier league club player will be a youth loan so we should have them in now, not in 5 weeks time when we are sat near the bottom of the table unable to keep clear sheets and not scoring goals.

Maybe fans can pay for a 19 game season ticket, if the club cannot be bother to have a team ready for the full season, why should the fans have to pay for it.

That’s not true really. Premier League clubs tend to leave it late as they never know what injuries they might pick up. 

I imagine we will bring in a couple of Prem loans towards the end of the window. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Hard hat time but does DM trying and bring in hirst on loan, wont cost too much and playing at a team he still supports and regular first team football could DM develop him into the player we should have done 2 seasons ago.

You are 100% right  with hard hat time 

especially from one of the most pessimistic fans on this forum this is an obscene suggestion 

Hirst has literally achieved sweet FA in professional football

nothing in Belgium, Leicester, or Rotherham to suggest him to do anything here is bizzare especially his past with us 

Putting that a side he kid couldn’t lace Patterson’s boots. I’m still questioning if he has a level above youth in him or if he’s another “ had so much potential but did nothing guy”

he needs to drop to conference to prove he can play with misters 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s not true really. Premier League clubs tend to leave it late as they never know what injuries they might pick up. 

I imagine we will bring in a couple of Prem loans towards the end of the window. 

We basically done have a pot to ******** in, there wont be any premiership loan unless they are panic buys, when we lose the first few games and are in the bottom 6 come transfer deadline day and it start to dawn on the club we still have the same crap squad we had last year with no decent additions and even fewer goals.

We are woefully weak all over the park and as this week has shown 1 injury and we have problems.

I hope you are right but the lack of activity i suspect is DC trying to do it on the cheap again, not losing out to other teams and players going elsewhere.

• Love 1

Just now, fpowl said:

You are 100% right  with hard hat time 

especially from one of the most pessimistic fans on this forum this is an obscene suggestion 

Hirst has literally achieved sweet FA in professional football

nothing in Belgium, Leicester, or Rotherham to suggest him to do anything here is bizzare especially his past with us 

Putting that a side he kid couldn’t lace Patterson’s boots. I’m still questioning if he has a level above youth in him or if he’s another “ had so much potential but did nothing guy”

he needs to drop to conference to prove he can play with misters 

Beggers cannot be to choosy though we clearly have no funds to sign anyone. Unless DC expecting us to sell 40,000 shirts.😁😁😁😁

• Like 1

Christ.

Everyone losing their poo about us not having signed a striker yet and then throwing about names like Connor Wickham and George Hirst.

Maybe it's time to come off Owlstalk for a bit and watch the Olympics or go for a walk or something.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2