So who is making the signings?

There has been a lot of debate over the last few seasons about who makes the signings. Paxo, Att or the manager.

so last seasons signings were all great signings by monk until they turned out to be pants.

So before the season starts who do you think has made these signings?

For me, I think they are definitely Moore signings, and he will be judged on them.

Accept that financially he is limited. 

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

There has been a lot of debate over the last few seasons about who makes the signings. Paxo, Att or the manager.

so last seasons signings were all great signings by monk until they turned out to be pants.

So before the season starts who do you think has made these signings?

For me, I think they are definitely Moore signings, and he will be judged on them.

Accept that financially he is limited. 

Let's be honest, they'll probably be better than any signings we've made over the three previous years anyway!

• Like 3

To me, it feels like there's been a major, and much needed, shift in our approach to recruitment this summer.

I suspect the players we've brought in so far are a result of Moore working alongside Downes and Hughes, without too much interference from above.

Long may it continue!

• Like 9

If it is Moore, as it seems, then it is still very strange that most of our signings have been revealed from the updates of young Att's follows list on Instagram, which shows Chansiri is still very much involved in the process too.

Definitely Moore is working alongside the recruitment team.  

We are finally bringing in younger players with potential without breaking the bank.

So glad that Paixao is no longer involved with transfers.  

We are certainly heading in a new direction, and one with the long term in mind.  

• Like 1

Definitely Moore signing these players.  And also the great thing is they are already worth more than when we signed them.  Both Adeniran and Brown would command a transfer fee if we sold them next month, okay maybe not much right now but once they’ve started performing for us their values will only increase.  That’s the beauty of signing young players.  

• Like 1

The current crop either Moore or purely from scouting. You already tell difference between the newer signings and the previous seasons. Not saying we’ve signed world beaters because who currently knows, but we’ve some athletic young players so they’re already better then previous 

1 hour ago, striker said:

I don't think Chansiri or 'his advisors' would have any clue who our latest signings are and agree they seem Moore signings. If so, good.

Patience will be required, but it's potentially  the most exciting squad for a few years. Certainly rather this profile of player than cast off journeymen.

With what was said about someone else paying the wages, I'm not even sure if DC is still running the club.

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We need proven quality.   

We're a League One team with a reported transfer budget of zero pounds.

Young players with the potential to do a job in the short-term and perhaps develop into valuable assets in the long-term is the pond in which we're mostly going to be fishing.

If we're able to push the boat out whatsoever, then centre forward is the one position where the above applies, but I suspect we're in no position to do so unless we bring in a decent fee or two first.

• Like 3