So who is making the signings?

I think it’s Moore but he’s had his hands tied by EFL limitations. I worry that he will get the full force of the blame from fans even if they weren’t all his first choices. 

I am however excited about the new young crop of signings. I just hope people give players time to settle in and don’t expect too much too soon, especially with the tough fixtures at the start of the season. 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We're a League One team with a reported transfer budget of zero pounds.

Young players with the potential to do a job in the short-term and perhaps develop into valuable assets in the long-term is the pond in which we're mostly going to be fishing.

If we're able to push the boat out whatsoever, then centre forward is the one position where the above applies, but I suspect we're in no position to do so unless we bring in a decent fee or two first.

Don't give a monkeys we need quality, the budget needs to change.

• Haha 2

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Don't give a monkeys we need quality, the budget needs to change.

Ah, okay. I see what's happened here.

I assumed we were talking about reality, rather than some magical fairytale land where proven players and money can be found growing on trees.

My mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

If it is Moore, as it seems, then it is still very strange that most of our signings have been revealed from the updates of young Att's follows list on Instagram, which shows Chansiri is still very much involved in the process too.

He’s the chairman. Of course he’s going to know who Moore wants, he’s going to tell his son who they’re speaking to, trying to agree terms with etc.

That doesn’t for a second mean they’re not Moore signings.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Ah, okay. I see what's happened here.

I assumed we were talking about reality, rather than some magical fairytale land where proven players and money can be found growing on trees.

My mistake.

Just sounding the warning alarm, these signings should be back up players not first team regulars.  

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Got the number?

Post: Supporter Services Department, EFL House, 10-12 West Cliff, Preston, PR1 8HU
Tel:   01772 325829
Fax: 01772 325801

Glad to help!

• Haha 4

I'm assuming iit's Moore and the recruitment squad. It's certainly a refreshingly new approach. If I'm right I hope it is a raging success, that might ensure we keep the same policy in future.

Bringing in young players with potential to play in the positions we are weakest seems like the most obvious step to take. I'm amazed it took so long to go down that path. No recriminations about the past we are doing the right thing now lets hope it works.

• Like 3

Thing is far too many fans in general and especially on here equate spending bigger with spending better.

Think the fallacy of that argument has been proved conclusively over the last few years by comparing us v Barnsley, or even Piggies 3 to 5 seasons ago v Piggies last 2 seasons.

It's not how much you spend that matters, it's that whatever you spend is well spent.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Meanwhile, in reality we most likely can't afford better and simply have to hope that we can fashion a team that's greater than the sum of its parts, or have unearthed a gem or two.

Out of the two of I hope you are right and that you will remind me of this thread when we are sat proudly on the top of the table at Christmas.  Six points clear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Thing is far too many fans in general and especially on here equate spending bigger with spending better.

Think the fallacy of that argument has been proved conclusively over the last few years by comparing us v Barnsley, or even Piggies 3 to 5 seasons ago v Piggies last 2 seasons.

It's not how much you spend that matters, it's that whatever you spend is well spent.

Agree 100% but its worrying reading about them on their previous fans forums.   

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Out of the two of I hope you are right and that you will remind me of this thread when we are sat proudly on the top of the table at Christmas.  Six points clear.

That'd be nice, wouldn't it?

I'll take avoiding successive relegations after the utter mess Chansiri has created here, though.

• Like 1

For me it could potentially echo the team that Turner/sturrock assembled 04/05

we picked up the likes of brunt and whelan from boro /city reserves. Simek from Arsenal reserves. McGovern and Maclean from Scotland. Added to that a few older pros and smart loans, and somehow built a team.

hopefully Moore can do something similar with his new signings and form a new side with the experienced pros we already have.

• Like 4