So who is making the signings?

20 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Agree 100% but its worrying reading about them on their previous fans forums.   

Best to avoid going on other fans forums, make your own mind up when they play, don't listen to other teams fans.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Just sounding the warning alarm, these signings should be back up players not first team regulars.  

I find the idea of "back up players" strange. Are they just in the squad in case someone gets injured? 

For me, anyone we bring in needs to offer something different and compete for a start otherwise there's no point them being here. Presumably with these free agents and loans they will have to prove themselves and it may take some longer than others. 

The back up should be the U23s. There was no point having Sam Winnall waiting to be on the bench if Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Joao or Forestieri got injured, earning a nice wedge.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

I find the idea of "back up players" strange. Are they just in the squad in case someone gets injured? 

For me, anyone we bring in needs to offer something different and compete for a start otherwise there's no point them being here. Presumably with these free agents and loans they will have to prove themselves and it may take some longer than others. 

The back up should be the U23s. There was no point having Sam Winnall waiting to be on the bench if Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Joao or Forestieri got injured, earning a nice wedge.

Good points might have to revise my squad thinking

• Like 1