Sign Bola ASAP

Tbf, Borner was up against big Matt Rhead and the ball was constantly pumped up to him. 2nd half Bola had all the time in the world due to Alfreton having no outlet. I’m a Sunday League centre back and i’d love to have that much time on the ball to turn out, pick a pass etc. Not saying he isn’t a good player but i wouldn’t go wild on that one performance 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ******** said:

Tbf, Borner was up against big Matt Rhead and the ball was constantly pumped up to him. 2nd half Bola had all the time in the world due to Alfreton having no outlet. I’m a Sunday League centre back and i’d love to have that much time on the ball to turn out, pick a pass etc. Not saying he isn’t a good player but i wouldn’t go wild on that one performance 

Sorry, that's not how it works.

We've seen 45 minutes of him in action; he's clearly going to be the second coming of Maldini, Roberto Carlos and Baresi in one, and we simply must sign him.

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I'll pay for Borners ticket home. An utter waste of space, how he can be called a professional footballer is quite astounding.

This fella, has all the makings of a quality signing and dare i say it ? Investment for future sale. ( i know.. i know..stop laughing )

If we grant Borner a free transfer we have to pay up his contract

So on his reported 10k a week we’d owe him circa 500k

If he’s as desperate to leave as is being reported then he needs to hand in a transfer request to waive this money

Another option is for Hannover to take on his final year of his contract but I’m guessing they have no intention of doing that

We are stuck with him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We've seen 45 minutes of him in action; he's clearly going to be the second coming of Maldini, Roberto Carlos and Baresi in one, and we simply must sign him.

Absolutely. 

How many players have you heard of, have reportedly been this impressive against Alfreton?

If such a player exists, I’m sure we would have heard about it.

Five year deal minimum.

46 minutes ago, ******** said:

Agree - Alfreton were horrendous second half. 
So much room in that left inside channel to step out. He looked good, but I thought  Palmer looked quality too (so be warned) 

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

There are some players....Franz Bekenbauer, Ian Knight, Peter Eustace, Ruud Gullit before they even kick a ball their run, their walk, their ballance, their poise tells you they are naturals. The question is, is this Bola ? Hope so.   

A lot of hoping on a player that struggled at Rochdale last season. 

9 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Is my memory playing tricks on me or did we once have Terry Butcher on trial?

Obviously we never signed him but I’m sure I saw somewhere he played for us in a Norther Intermediate match? 

He was Scouting for us when Trevor Francis was the manager and we had an injury crisis so he turned out for the reserves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George said:

He was Scouting for us when Trevor Francis was the manager and we had an injury crisis so he turned out for the reserves. 

Yes I thought I saw a picture of him in a Wednesday kit playing for us but can’t find it anywhere now. I’d assumed it was part of a trial.

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Until we do. Then if he misses a tackle in his first game the knives will be out. He will get hate for the next 2 years despite playing a blinder, eventually the majority of fans will grudgingly accept 'he's improved' but the haters will continue to spew bile everytime his name is mentioned. Even when he wins the world cup single hanedly some will still say 'he's crap'.

It's the Wednesday way.

10 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I'll pay for Borners ticket home. An utter waste of space, how he can be called a professional footballer is quite astounding.

This fella, has all the makings of a quality signing and dare i say it ? Investment for future sale. ( i know.. i know..stop laughing )

To be fair I think we're all being more than a bit harsh on Borner. Let's look at the facts:

1. He's basically estranged from his family because he's stuck in Sheffield and his wife and kids are back in Germany. Wives not being able to settle in a new town (let alone country) happens all the time, get over it
  2. Covid has made it extremely difficult for him to travel  back and forth so it must be an enormous strain on their relationship
  3. His form basically deteriorated once his wife went back home
  4. As a result of all the above his head just isn't in the right place and he needs to move away
  5. Any owner with sense would have seen this quickly and either released him or loaned him back to a German club

I don't blame Borner one iota for this because the situation is not of his making and it needs our Clueless owner to show some gumption to sort it out because yet again it sends out all the wrong signals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1