Sign Bola ASAP

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

I can’t see for the life of me why we’re hanging on to a player that obviously wants to go?

I’d say his poor performance tonight was clearly a message to the club to let him go,  tho it’s hard to believe he can play worse on purpose 

21 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Better do it quick, it wouldn't be the first time we had a triallist nicked from under our noses after he impressed for us.

Cohen Bramall was lured away by Arsenal back in 2017. 

And Ryan France was taken by United.

Although that one was actually comedy gold, thinking about it.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

I can’t see for the life of me why we’re hanging on to a player that obviously wants to go?

Money.

If they gave us some I'm sure the club would be happy to book his travel arrangement for him. I liked Borner when he came, he looked like he just loved playing. Always had a big grin on his face when he was on the pitch. I think we eventually wore him down, I can understand him wanting to leave.

I've no idea if he is free to leave due to non payment of wages or not but DC wants his palm crossesd with silver or Borner stays. As things stand we would probably be better with his wages freed up.

4 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

That Alfreton second half team was very very poor and full of trialists. 
So hard to say how good he was against poor players. 

If that was the case then the top teams academies wouldn’t be stuffed full of the most talented kids

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

When's the last time we actually signed a triallist for the first team?

Frankie Simek?

Is my memory playing tricks on me or did we once have Terry Butcher on trial?

Obviously we never signed him but I’m sure I saw somewhere he played for us in a Norther Intermediate match? 

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Obviously we never signed him but I’m sure I saw somewhere he played for us in a Norther Intermediate match? 

Never knew this!!

This needs investigating and we need to know all about this one!!

@Toadiesurely you’d know this one?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I recall that too, back end of his career i think, similar to Nigel Clough and Bruce Grobelaar and more recently the Dutch leftback whose name escapes me all weird and odd signings. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Never knew this!!

This needs investigating and we need to know all about this one!!

@Toadiesurely you’d know this one?

Quick digging around was after he got the boot from Coventry and Francis gave him some game time in our reserves, not sure if he was looking at him ir helping a mate out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Money.

If they gave us some I'm sure the club would be happy to book his travel arrangement for him. I liked Borner when he came, he looked like he just loved playing. Always had a big grin on his face when he was on the pitch. I think we eventually wore him down, I can understand him wanting to leave.

I've no idea if he is free to leave due to non payment of wages or not but DC wants his palm crossesd with silver or Borner stays. As things stand we would probably be better with his wages freed up.

That in a nutshell is the problem as usual, bloody Clueless.

How much more damage is he going to inflict on the club with his stupid decisions and even more stupid pride?

• Love 1