Dom Howson ‘SWFC are under embargo’

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

There may be but if those clubs how many are not paying their players, got relegated last season,

have sold their ground to cover up mismanagement of the football team, owe fans for season tickets money from 19/20 season,

gave fans just 10 days to renew season tickets,

Have a first team squad of just 12 players,

Have no recognised strikers in the first team,

Have no recognised left back in the first team,

Have no recognised right sided midfielders in the first team.

I am going to hazard a guess there are zero teams under an embargo in the same mess we are in.

And this will be the THIRD transfer window in which we have failed to sign a striker or a left back. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

Can't pay wages, 

Unpaid refunds to supporters. My guess is the auditors have refused to sign us off as a going concern, hence the reason we havnt submitted accounts to the EFL. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday are still under an embargo because of the late filing of their 2019/20 accounts. It is not do with the unpaid player wages. 

The embargo has held up their transfer plans.

They have missed out on a few players but Moore and the recruitment team are getting on with the task in hand.

It is far from ideal but there is nothing they can do about the embargo.

All they can do is keep putting in the calls and concentrate on the here and now.

Moore and the recruitment team are working hard behind the scenes to line up new signings.

I know they have spoken to a number of players but they are restricted in what they can do because of the embargo.

According to the Companies House website the 2020 accounts are NOT late. In a normal year they’d be due by 30 April 2021 but because of COVID it’s been extended to the end of July. It may be the EFL have a different filing deadline, possibly for draft accounts or projections....

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday are still under an embargo because of the late filing of their 2019/20 accounts. It is not do with the unpaid player wages. 

The embargo has held up their transfer plans.

They have missed out on a few players but Moore and the recruitment team are getting on with the task in hand.

It is far from ideal but there is nothing they can do about the embargo.

All they can do is keep putting in the calls and concentrate on the here and now.

Moore and the recruitment team are working hard behind the scenes to line up new signings.

I know they have spoken to a number of players but they are restricted in what they can do because of the embargo.

I'm hoping the good news is the umbongo is lifted and wages are paid and new signings are imminent. Or at least one or two of these.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Dom says in local journal , about stadium sale. Again.

Surely, you can't backdate an already  backdated transaction?

Maybe about Sheffield 3 ltd not paying first £7.5 million stadium.instalment , or Owls struggling with £3 million rent to them.

We need new players now.

💯 agree with this, if he can’t pay our players there’s no way he’ll be able to stump up this kind of money.

16 minutes ago, jasowl said:

According to the Companies House website the 2020 accounts are NOT late. In a normal year they’d be due by 30 April 2021 but because of COVID it’s been extended to the end of July. It may be the EFL have a different filing deadline, possibly for draft accounts or projections....

Thought this is the previous years we owe?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jasowl said:

It's nothing to do with Companies House or HMRC.

The requirement to submit accounts to the EFL is a completely separate thing, so they can make sure clubs are operating in accordance with their rules.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

They were so skint and had so few players towards the end that I played a couple of pre season games for them to make up numbers  ( knew the manager at the time/ directors !). Darren knows where I am if they want A centre back with no pace or ability to replace borner ! 

an upgrade then ... the recruitment team have just dispatched at D-Taxi to your house ... viva Chansiri 

• Haha 2

this idiot is turning this once great club into a total disgrace.

Think like most Owls fans I despise this clown and his family, never want to see them in S6 again. The whole bloody lot of them

• Like 2

What a big old pile of poop this is!

We we’re told weeks ago not submitting the accounts keeps us under embargo. Every other club did it but we still, haven’t! Just get them submitted ffs! Accounts shouldn’t be that time consuming to put together! We are a joke!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Get new accountants. They've had months to sort this out. If they can't get the accounts done on time, even with an extended deadline, then what use are they?

I was told by someone who knows what they are on about he was getting rid of UK accountants and moving it to a firm in Thailand. That was 2 years back, might be part of the reason. Like Hangover 2, Bangkok has them now!