Dom Howson ‘SWFC are under embargo’

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

It’s the accounts to July 2020 that are still not filed, when we were still Championship. But the League 1 reporting rule says accounts to EFL are due in the year following, at the time they are due at Companies House - July 2021. So whats’s the promble?

Stadium , according to Dom Howson.

Maybe Sheffield 3 can't pay us £7.5 million installment, nor Owls find £3 million rent to them. Nett.

Gonna be another Groundhog Day to mug auditors again.

Don’t rate Howson as a journalist. The answers he gives in his Q&A sessions on twitter cover all the bases rather than sticking his neck out on one particular answer? 

He reckons all the players will return for pre-season training. I’d be amazed if he’s right on this. I don’t expect Borner to turn up for a start.

2 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Hard to know exactly what the problem is with the accounts. The EFL rules seem clear enough:

16.2  Each Club shall submit a copy of its Annual Accounts (as defined in Regulation 16.3 below) to The League, but in any event:

16.2.1  by no later than 1 March following the end of the financial year to which those Annual Accounts relate (in the case of a Championship Club); or

16.2.2  by no later than the date on which the Club is required to file its accounts at Companies House (in case of League One and League Two Clubs).

So as far as 16.2.2 is concerned we seem to be in the clear. The earlier requirement for Championship clubs is related to reporting requirements under the Championship P&S rules, which don’t apply to us any more. Or are there complex transitional rules for newly relegate clubs?

We cant be under an embargo. EFL cannot punish us for not following their rules by not following their rules themselves.

We are a League One club and therefore 16.2.2 applies.

There is no statement from the EFL saying that we are under investigation just a few journalist reading the rules and misinterpreting them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grandad said:

Ironically Rushden and Diamonds went out of business about 10 years ago - unable to complete fixtures due to insufficient finances

Well that further demonstrates just how bad things are, if someone is going to Rushden and Diamonds over us! 

4 hours ago, Glenn59 said:

I was told by someone who knows what they are on about he was getting rid of UK accountants and moving it to a firm in Thailand. That was 2 years back, might be part of the reason. Like Hangover 2, Bangkok has them now!

We don’t have external accountants so that’s just not true. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Are any other clubs under an embargo for late filing of accounts?
I thought a few weeks back they was. a story that said a number of clubs had the same problem of late filing of accounts due to Covid.

If a few other clubs are in the same boat I am inclined to see this as more EFL being too strict with the rules with Covid 

It’s an EFL created problem.
As I understand it the government has allowed a 3 month period of grace due to the pandemic (delays caused by people working from home etc). Wednesday accounts must be legally be submitted by end of July. EFL in their wisdom decided to embargo clubs using the period of grace. Several clubs affected but a few have acted quickly enough to have the embargo lifted. 

In reality though it’s not just the embargo preventing our signing players. Even when it’s lifted no one will volunteer to receive  an empty pay packet each month.

1 hour ago, Rotherham Owl said:

We cant be under an embargo. EFL cannot punish us for not following their rules by not following their rules themselves.

We are a League One club and therefore 16.2.2 applies.

There is no statement from the EFL saying that we are under investigation just a few journalist reading the rules and misinterpreting them.

The financial year that the accounts cover we were in the Championship so we should have already submitted them. 
I don’t believe Chansiri has ever submitted the accounts either early or on the last return date since he has been the owner of our club. 
That is just one example of his inept attitude to running SWFC. 
He doesn’t listen to anyone including the authorities, he must surely believe he’s above everyone and rules don’t apply to him.

IDIOT !!!!! 

With this plonker in charge we will be in administration before Xmas 

8 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

The financial year that the accounts cover we were in the Championship so we should have already submitted them. 
I don’t believe Chansiri has ever submitted the accounts either early or on the last return date since he has been the owner of our club. 
That is just one example of his inept attitude to running SWFC. 
He doesn’t listen to anyone including the authorities, he must surely believe he’s above everyone and rules don’t apply to him.

IDIOT !!!!! 

With this plonker in charge we will be in administration before Xmas 

AE141F0A-B95F-4FDA-BA6E-EA9483143B44.thumb.jpeg.2a05fa9108785f84c4f6f1aa7b285725.jpeg

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, Jim said:

Don’t rate Howson as a journalist. The answers he gives in his Q&A sessions on twitter cover all the bases rather than sticking his neck out on one particular answer? 

He reckons all the players will return for pre-season training. I’d be amazed if he’s right on this. I don’t expect Borner to turn up for a start.

I also fully expect all contracted players to turn up for for the 1st day of pre season training

55 minutes ago, flo said:

It will be news when we are not under embargo. 

Embargo FC we are known as now around the world. 

I doubt that outside the shrinking readership of The Star and 30 odd contributors to Owlstalk anyone will know.  No doubt I will have to update the group of Wednesdayites I’ll be out with on Friday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Only fitness training apparently