More Josh Windass

£400,000 is derisory, but if the price is high enough Chansiri will sell,  he has little option. Saying no, not for sale is another way of seeing how far Millwall and other interested parties will go. Pretty sure if someone came in with a couple of million the answer would be very different.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

£400,000 is derisory, but if the price is high enough Chansiri will sell,  he has little option. Saying no, not for sale is another way of seeing how far Millwall and other interested parties will go. Pretty sure if someone came in with a couple of million the answer would be very different.

That’s a reasonable approach to take, but it runs the risk of Millwall and other interested parties just deciding to walk away - then, basically, we’re the losers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Why sell now when he can leave for free next season after sitting in the stands for a whole season.

We never learn to sell when players stock is high.

If it's true about the £400k I wouldn't say his stock is high.

Also thought we had the option to extend for a year ?

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What price do people think would be a fair one for us to sell Windass? 

I think £2m is fair, maybe even £1.5m. That said he's not on a massive wage by any means, so I think the value is there in keeping him as he'd be very difficult to replace, both in terms of skill and costs associated.

• Like 1

I wasn't aware that we had the option to extend his contract for another year following this one.

That changes things slightly for me, as our need to sell becomes less urgent.

Windass is clearly one of our best players and would be a real asset in League One. If his heart's in it and the interest from the Championship doesn't affect him, then I'd love for him to be a Wednesday player at the close of the transfer window.

Clearly that's a big 'if', however. If there's any sense that he wants a move, then we simply have to sell at the highest price we're able to generate.

Assuming he's being paid, of course. The fact that this is the elephant in the room in any of these conversations is ridiculous, but we must acknowledge it's there. I wouldn't put it past Chansiri to reject decent offers for a player he's not paying, only to see them cancel their contract and walk away for nothing.

Let's just hope that doesn't come to pass, eh?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the scenario I was talking about that could happen

Windass could end up trapped here now with wage issues and all the other crap 

He will be gutted right now - no doubt

His tweet from yesterday suggests he's not too happy:

1763609090_Screenshot2021-06-22at17_41_20.png.f6d79356c1dcee34cd3b3f2fbf2d33b0.png

I really hope Chansiri's not about to excel himself on this one...

• Like 1

Imagine this (and obvs this probs might not happen)

We get an offer for him

We turn it down

The bidding clubs go elsewhere

Josh Windass is stuck here

We don't pay him

We end up with a player on the books who is massively so cheesed off he stops scoring goals

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Need to realise there is no money about outside the clubs with premier League income or parachute payments.  It's who Nixon says the players would be daft to hand notice in as won't get more money elsewhere

They might actually get paid elsewhere tho 

lol

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

His tweet from yesterday suggests he's not too happy:

1763609090_Screenshot2021-06-22at17_41_20.png.f6d79356c1dcee34cd3b3f2fbf2d33b0.png

I really hope Chansiri's not about to excel himself on this one...

That message could mean anything to be fair..it might mean he is hoping we dont accept the bid

• Like 2

Good news think he can get 20 goals this coming season, has said he wanted to stay.

If we sell all our good players we will never get out of that division.

Although think an offer of £3m or more might be what we are looking for, Millwall may have only offered £500,000

1 hour ago, Kew Owl said:

That’s a reasonable approach to take, but it runs the risk of Millwall and other interested parties just deciding to walk away - then, basically, we’re the losers.

We’re only losers if you think that £400k is really acceptable. 
It comes down to what you would do with the money.  Can better value be bought for the same sum plus wages?