More Josh Windass

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine this (and obvs this probs might not happen)

We get an offer for him

We turn it down

The bidding clubs go elsewhere

Josh Windass is stuck here

We don't pay him

We end up with a player on the books who is massively so cheesed off he stops scoring goals

The answer therefore is for DC to stop p#####g about and make sure they are paid.  Incredibly obvious but if the players continue to be paid erratically we will not attract new players and the ones here will not perform.

As the saying goes …..Simples 

Just now, Minesapint said:

The answer therefore is for DC to stop p#####g about and make sure they are paid.  Incredibly obvious but if the players continue to be paid erratically we will not attract new players and the ones here will not perform.

As the saying goes …..Simples 

How long has it been now?

18 months at least I think isn't it?

Maybe longer

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not true

If the clubs walk away and Windass gets stuck here then we will have a demotivated player not playing well, AND we won't have the 400k

He would only be demotivated if he wanted to leave and would therefore earn more elsewhere.  That’s not a certainty.  Just make sure he is paid !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kew Owl said:

That’s a reasonable approach to take, but it runs the risk of Millwall and other interested parties just deciding to walk away - then, basically, we’re the losers.

Appreciate your point but if £400k is correct would you sell for that? 
Seems clearly an opening gambit, testing the waters etc.

Guest gizowl

The most vile club in the EFL showing how classless they are, we shouldn't have even responded just totally ignore d it . 400k isn't an offer it's a p I ssss take. 

59 minutes ago, gizowl said:

The most vile club in the EFL showing how classless they are, we shouldn't have even responded just totally ignore d it . 400k isn't an offer it's a p I ssss take. 

Yes, to a certain extent, I agree.

But if the roles were reversed, and Mandaric was still here, we’d be doing exactly the same thing - making a derisory offer knowing that we’re in the driving seat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

I don't understand where people get their assumptions from. From what I have read Josh Windass is settled and doesn't want to leave. The players Chansiri wants to keep are the ones he is paying so they can't leave through breach of contract. Chansiri has never sold unless he wanted to. This isn't trying to raise the price. Unless we get ridiculous offers we won't sell him or Bannan, but I keep getting told how they are leaving. I'd be surprised if either left TBH.

Are you trying to say Chansiri is playing a blinder here and not paying all the over paid players, that we don't want to keep for next season so they tear up their contracts and leave. Knowing full well no one is taking them on a free or paying a fee for them due to the wages they are currently on and there lack of ability and/or fitness.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine this (and obvs this probs might not happen)

We get an offer for him

We turn it down

The bidding clubs go elsewhere

Josh Windass is stuck here

We don't pay him

We end up with a player on the books who is massively so cheesed off he stops scoring goals

Or just hands in his notice because he hasn't been paid in full. 

. Which is what I expect to happen if we block a move.