SOUTHGATE OUT

Foden, Sancho, and Grealish can't get a start

I'm not nieve enough to think you can play all 3

But surely one should be starting

Mount and Sterling should have gone off before the end of ninety minutes

Putting players on at the end of extra time rarely works unless it's a keeper, outfield players need to feel themselves into a game

Southgate is too negative, an English Karanke, safety first football, yet this negative person is being hailed as an hero

Don't forget, Southgate played two defensive midfield players against mighty Scotland

For me the writing was on the wall after Scotland, I'm surprised we made the final

Tactics will get you so far, but in the end the cream will rise to the top

Our cream spent far too long on the bench

Foden one start, Sancho one start, Grealish no starts

Fuuck off Southgate you Karwanker

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

10 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Foden, Sancho, and Grealish can't get a start

I'm not nieve enough to think you can play all 3

But surely one should be starting

Mount and Sterling should have gone off before the end of ninety minutes

Putting players on at the end of extra time rarely works unless it's a keeper, outfield players need to feel themselves into a game

Southgate is too negative, an English Karanke, safety first football, yet this negative person is being hailed as an hero

Don't forget, Southgate played two defensive midfield players against mighty Scotland

For me the writing was on the wall after Scotland, I'm surprised we made the final

Tactics will get you so far, but in the end the cream will rise to the top

Our cream spent far too long on the bench

Foden one start, Sancho one start, Grealish no starts

Fuuck off Southgate you Karwanker

I agree with almost all of this. 

So many great attributes possessed by Southgate

But a liability as a football manager

We've got some great players but he got is so wrong

So badly wrong

It won't change no matter how enthused younger fans may be

That drop deep and defend" shyte has always failed us and is still failing us

Until a manager actually plays to our strengths we're f*cked

• Like 4

I just listened to the interview he gave to ITV. One of his comments was you can't just throw on a bunch of attacking players and go for it because that destroys your shape and balance.

That was disappointing. Sometimes you have to gamble and go for it

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, scram said:

So many great attributes possessed by Southgate

But a liability as a football manager

We've got some great players but he got is so wrong

So badly wrong

It won't change no matter how enthused younger fans may be

That drop deep and defend" shyte has always failed us and is still failing us

Until a manager actually plays to our strengths we're f*cked

A liability? Really?

Did you expect England to win Euro 2020 when it kicked off then?

Yes tonight was a huge disappointment. It started so well, his change to wing-backs vindicated early on. Italy tweaked it at half-time and controlled the second half, we were beaten by a more experienced manager perhaps and Southgate has to learn from this.

A liability though? A semi-final and a final in two tournaments - which English manager has managed that? We have had better, more experienced squads in the past and done less. So easy to point at the apparent easy routes too. We beat the Germans, the much fabled Capello couldn't get near to doing that with a good squad, before Southgate, Iceland knocked us out of our last tournament. In my lifetime Bobby Robson was probably the best England manager - for guiding England past Poland, Paraguay, Egypt, Belgium and Cameroon. 

16 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

I just listened to the interview he gave to ITV. One of his comments was you can't just throw on a bunch of attacking players and go for it because that destroys your shape and balance.

That was disappointing. Sometimes you have to gamble and go for it

the shape and balance was destroyed with the starting line jup

Then Southgate lost his way and just  threw players on and without any schema thought it would work out

It didn't because it was shytye

I'm not upset because we lost - hell, i'm used to it

I'm upset because our starting team gave them such a huge advantage

Oh well, maybe in another 55 years...

• Like 1

There was a moment I knew we were doomed 

Against Denmark, in extra time I remembered thinking I will probably watch this whole game again afterwards.

About the same point, in this game I thought even if we win I’m never watching this again, as I’d hated every minute after we scored the opener. 

beating Italy was just an ask too much and even with an early goal it never felt like it was happening

the fans at Wembley knew it 

I knew it

we all knew it 

3 minutes ago, scram said:

the shape and balance was destroyed with the starting line jup

Then Southgate lost his way and just  threw players on and without any schema thought it would work out

It didn't because it was shytye

I'm not upset because we lost - hell, i'm used to it

I'm upset because our starting team gave them such a huge advantage

Oh well, maybe in another 55 years...

We’re gonna win the bloody lot next year 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🦁🦁🦁

• Like 2

Sougate got it all wrong against Italy.

Too negative, tactically out of his depth, he needs to be alot braver.

Grealish, Foden and Sancho criminally under used in this tournament.

He needs to change or we'll never beat the top top teams!

Let the dust settle. 

I'm proud of him. Southgate is my gaffer.

We came as close as you can possibly come.

Nobody better out there. He’s a fantastic man manager.

Southgate you’re the one.

• Like 1

He’s been fantastic this tournament. But their will still be the question of whether he can make the most of all our attacking talent. Too many good players sat on their ass not doing anything, with players like Mount in favour of them? 

That’s my only gripe really. Is he tactically astute enough to make the most of this squad? I’m not so sure. 

And he has to take fault for last night, not the players. Rashford & Sancho shouldn’t be taking those kicks 

Edited by FreshOwl

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s been fantastic this tournament. But their will still be the question of whether he can make the most of all our attacking talent. Too many good players sat on their ass not doing anything, with players like Mount in favour of them? 

That’s my only gripe really. Is he tactically astute enough to make the most of this squad? I’m not so sure. 

And he has to take fault for last night, not the players. Rashford & Sancho shouldn’t be taking those kicks 

Mount is a cracking player and is not inferior to the others in his position but he was not playing well, and he's not had a good tournament so why was he continually picked?

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Mount is a cracking player and is not inferior to the others in his position but he was not playing well, and he's not had a good tournament so why was he continually picked?

His first touch was a tackle most of the time, and he struggled to transition defence into attack. Played with his back to goal far too much. He’s an industrious player but it hasn’t worked all tournament for him 

4 hours ago, 442 said:

Let the dust settle. 

I'm proud of him. Southgate is my gaffer.

We came as close as you can possibly come.

Nobody better out there. He’s a fantastic man manager.

Southgate you’re the one.

It’s hard to knock him. But for me against the better sides he gets outclassed tactically and he becomes too afraid of losing.

We’ve had an excellent tournament but tonight was our toughest test by far. And sadly he bottled it. Second half we should have gone for the 2nd but we sat back, invited pressure and gave the Italians confidence. Poor management for me.

Just now, FreshOwl said:

His first touch was a tackle most of the time, and he struggled to transition defence into attack. Played with his back to goal far too much. He’s an industrious player but it hasn’t worked all tournament for him 

He looked very tired, and seemed to have been on the pitch way to long. Saka was brought on for him and looked equally as poor. I was hoping he would do a sub the sub again bring Sancho on for him earlier. I thought we could win the game still, and that Sancho could do it. So gutting. Been dreaming about it all night. 

What the thickos don’t realise is that if you pick all the attacking players you get picked off, by a top team. We’d have lost 4-1. Strategy was to stay in the game as long as possible. Had Rashfords penalty gone in, we’d have won it. 

Southgate has done a brilliant job, but criticizing the England manager is a national sport. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1