SOUTHGATE OUT

Not read this thread really but I'm assuming it starts off as a tongue in cheek comment, loads of posters agree with it and give the manager and squad loads of stick before either backtracking or disappearing from it? 

Was interesting to note that before the match yesterday, when the team was announced, my Facebook feed wasn't full of posts about how that was the wrong team and we'll never win owt with him in charge. 

I'll hold my hands up, I thought GS was holding the team back, he isn't, he's the rock it's built on. There are many ways to win games of football, I don't care which way we do it personally. Last night was a lesson for everyone I reckon. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, scram said:

As i said before

Football makes fools of all of us

We should be beating every team we have played so far (possible exception of an end-of-life Germany) - and we have so fair enough

But it can easily be undone 

It shouldn't be because we absolutely should beat Denmark

If we get to final and lose then we will have hit par because Italy are the outstanding team of the tournament and although not unbeatable it would be no shame to lose to them - but they still have to negotiate a very difficult game against Spain

Either in the final will be a very tough ask - and that will be the cutting edge of the game

What we have faced so far has been mediocrity in international football terms but we have done the job required

I honestly don't care as long as we win

Are you enjoying the journey though, despite the fact we may or may not win the thing? 

I find the handwringing about us beating mediocre teams fascinating. 

If Germany beat a load of mediocre teams then it’s their “ruthless efficiency”; if Spain do it then it’s their “footballing intelligence”; for Holland, it’s their “total football” heritage; France, it’s “talent”; and Italy, it’s their “culture”; but it’s always “luck” when we put lesser sides to the sword. 

We should just enjoy it and accept that we have a bloody good squad. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I find the handwringing about us beating mediocre teams fascinating. 

If Germany beat a load of mediocre teams then it’s their “ruthless efficiency”; if Spain do it then it’s their “footballing intelligence”; for Holland, it’s their “total football” heritage; France, it’s “talent”; and Italy, it’s their “culture”; but it’s always “luck” when we put lesser sides to the sword. 

We should just enjoy it and accept that we have a bloody good squad. 

Portugal failed to win a group game in Euro 2016 and the only team they beat in 90 minutes in the entire tournament were Wales, having to go to penalties against the might of Poland on their way to the final.

I doubt their fans were too concerned about their route when they lifted the trophy. 

On 18/06/2021 at 21:55, BIG D said:

Sh ite 

On 18/06/2021 at 22:00, fudge27 said:

England for too long have had managers who worry more about trying to be trendy and talk about stopping the oppositions passing lines and pressing smartly. 

We need someone who picks players who will be aggressive with the ball and without it. 

On 18/06/2021 at 22:00, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Very negative manager

We'll win nowt with him..

On 18/06/2021 at 22:05, Ellis Rimmer said:

Get Bielsa in

On 18/06/2021 at 22:06, FreshOwl said:

Should be forced to resign and never been in this position in the first place. 

nice guy blah blah but an absolute fraud 

On 18/06/2021 at 22:22, Taz said:

Qualified for two/two tournaments and took us to a WC semi final. 

Settle ya wallops. 

On 18/06/2021 at 22:28, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Should get back to the pizza adverts...

On 18/06/2021 at 22:56, jonnyowl said:

Southgate will hold these talented players back.

Totally out of his depth.

On 18/06/2021 at 23:03, BIG D said:

Takes a special manager to make Foden, Mount, Sterling, Kane, Rashford and Grealish play with all the desire, intensity and desire of last seasons Wednesday.

lol

• Haha 7

TBH i love Southgate as a person - just thought he fell short as a coach

Would love for him to stick his size 10 boot down my throat tbh

I've wanted days like this for 50 years

I still feel really emotional and i love Southgate now more than i resented what happened in the WC

• Like 2

Still argue my points remain valid. 

He has given saka/Sancho more licence, and picking Mount in a 4-3-3 is aggressive as indeed as putting Foden on tonight. 

I like us to play on the front foot, we have the players for it and when we do, we are 100x better. 

southgate has taken us to 50% of our finals and 33% of our semi finals.

let 

that

sink

in