In todays climate do we need to merge with the Blades?!?

Guest Hornsby
7 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

I know that this is going to a contentious subject, but we have Barnsley, SUFC, Chesterfield and Rotherham all within walking distance of Hillsborough and traditionally this didn't matter, but in todays climate in terms of the prices to watch games etc. the only result I can see from all this is lower league football for us all forever... 

Brentford.

46 minutes ago, doubleo said:

20000 reasons, but none of them owned by SWFC.

Merge, no, but a new shared stadium and training facilities is something we should have done years ago.

They are a PL/Championship yo-yo club where as we are a Championship/L1 yo-yo club, our squad is crap, infrastructure is crap, ground is a rust bucket, training ground is crap. There is absolutely nothing we do better than them.

As far as sharing a stadium/training who would pay for it? We have been bled dry and are flat broke, any funds raised from selling hillsborough or the training ground would just go towards servicing our debt. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

we then went onto spend ridiculous amounts on players who never played for us in the late 90's like donnelly, o'connell etc... I remember my dad saying back then his mate was a celtic fan (into scottish football) and they were sick notes so couldn't work it out... Also booth wasn't a Wednesday player either as he was literally a 1950's old school centre forward/ target man.... IMO we should've let TF have time to change the team rather than spend ridiculous amounts on crappy players who were obviously not up to standard or unlikely to play more than a few games, as they were know to be injured... Instead we just continually turned over players/ managers until we were eventually demoted with Di Canio being the biggest loss when he went to West Ham for 1/3 of the price we paid so our MD could get the Director of PL job for himself, which isn't what Man Utd would've done.... Further to that most clubs in the same situation just entered administration like West Ham etc.... However we just ploughed on paying the debt for another circa 15yrs and then did exactly the same again in 5-6yrs.... Sacked a good manager who had procured our back bone of a team for peanuts, put in some good players he could've with money, played well until our crappy new manager took over, took a risk for promotion, bottled it and then spiralled into the abyss through not being able to sell players/ replace....  

don't be telling the TRUTH on here, it's not needed, or appreciated.

we're MASSIVE.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, glynnb said:

I think I am at .my lowest ebb with football in general and very close to śhit-canning the whole thing. That idea would finally make my decision for me. On a lighter note have you ever walked from Sheffield to Chesterfield?

'Tis but a brisk stroll 🤣

• Haha 1

Why on earth would Sheffield United want to be saddled with us. Why would any club want to be saddled with us. Its time some blue tinted spectacled people accepted that Sheffield Wednesday have a poor reputation throughout football which has been exacerbated by the deeds of the current owner turning poor into toxic.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

I know that this is going to a contentious subject, but we have Barnsley, SUFC, Chesterfield and Rotherham all within walking distance of Hillsborough and traditionally this didn't matter, but in todays climate in terms of the prices to watch games etc. the only result I can see from all this is lower league football for us all forever... 

I would rather have my leg.pulled.off and beaten to death with the soggy end!!!

That about answer it?

Not going into the politics of it all because there's plenty but it's a massive 

NO

from me.

tenor.gif.dad32ebee7ccf13c5844b6da956b1477.gif

• Haha 2

If it was that Prince bloke who owns the Blades I'd create a mysterious company fronted by someone who could go in and 'buy' Sheffield Wednesday, then systematically destroy them from within and then become the only club in the city

Would be easy enough to do

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If it was that Prince bloke who owns the Blades I'd create a mysterious company fronted by someone who could go in and 'buy' Sheffield Wednesday, then systematically destroy them from within and then become the only club in the city

Would be easy enough to do

And get a Thai bloke to front it 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

What a ridiculous post, any fan already knows the answer!

6 hours ago, Bakewell Owl said:

I'd rather Brillo Pad mi bits than merge with any of that murky lot

we will rise again, I know its difficult at the moment, but its what makes us stand out from the rest, you just got to keep going

Calling them "that murky lot" is a bit like Harold Shipman calling Peter Sutcliffe a murdering ba5tard.

• Haha 3