In todays climate do we need to merge with the Blades?!?

17 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

The worst thread in the history of Owlstalk for me...but we have quite a few blunt sympathisers amongst the fan base..they all best buddies with them..go out boozing with them...it’s almost like they don’t want to be Wednesday fans.. bit weird 😒

Really? Do they actually go drinking with them? In the same pub? 

If this is DC’s fault it might be the last straw….( other faults are available but rarely used)

On 13/06/2021 at 02:44, Tollertonowl said:

I know that this is going to a contentious subject, but we have Barnsley, SUFC, Chesterfield and Rotherham all within walking distance of Hillsborough and traditionally this didn't matter, but in todays climate in terms of the prices to watch games etc. the only result I can see from all this is lower league football for us all forever... 

Wash your mouth out. And stay off the cooking Sherry, told ya before 🙃

2 hours ago, victorturner said:

Business logic suggests a merger

The football league is based on turnover and SWFC/ Blades combined would generate a regular home crowd in excess of 40K.... Then if in the PL and playing big clubs that would break 50K most games including away supporters so it would be a team that could compete... Alternatively we can both look forward to 20Kish crowds (no away fans) in the football league along with some very mediocre players, officials etc... So personally I'd rather take my son to watch games with world class players rather than pub footballers... 

This always gets trotted out when one of us is doing particularly badly.

But as someone said earlier, things can change quick in football.

A Blunt relative of mine in 2016 said that we were 'on a different planet' to them when they were languishing in the third tier.

All Wednesday needs is someone to finally get it right and if they do the same over there in our old home, Sheffield can easily be a two club established Prem city.

No need for a merger.

Just both clubs need to seriously get their acts together. 
But us first as a matter of urgency.