In todays climate do we need to merge with the Blades?!?

51 minutes ago, parajack said:

I have long thought that greater co operation between South Yorkshire sides,would be of benefit to all.

IE loans to other sides to cover injurys & in the case of the Player a chance  maybe to break into their own first team or otherwise get some valuable playing experience.

......and that is about as far as it should go. Co=operation by all means, but mergers? Never!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

I know that this is going to a contentious subject, but we have Barnsley, SUFC, Chesterfield and Rotherham all within walking distance of Hillsborough and traditionally this didn't matter, but in todays climate in terms of the prices to watch games etc. the only result I can see from all this is lower league football for us all forever... 

go shake your head

10 hours ago, LoadABallacks said:

No, but I would say that neither clubs training grounds are for for purpose, ours even less so, so with ground hard to come by, consideration should be given to a top quality training complex which is shared by both clubs. 

How would you share a training complex?

I guess our plodders would just use the gym and run up and down the steps all day and leave the United players to use the football pitches.

Guest Therealrealist

Anybody who supports a merger must have loads er blunt mates..ive never understood wednesday fans who hang about wi utd fans..its all a bit odd

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

......and that is about as far as it should go. Co=operation by all means, but mergers? Never!

Agree.....but the needless intense rivalry goes to far in times where(as an example) we had strikers galore who were not playing,who could have gone out on loan,saved us a % of their wages,and maybe either been sold or found some form,and worked there way back into the managers plans..

Teams they were loaned out to (potentially) would have benefited too.

• Like 1

There's a different culture about being a blade. Half of my family and friends are blades but I could never bring myself to be one. What we need is realistic wages and stick to that. Don't pay anyone above xxxxx and make sure prices are kept at a reasonable level. If that means we stay in League one so be it but I don't get how a club with our fanbase is in constant financial trouble (well I do - the people running it don't have a clue).

Guest Therealrealist
25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's called being 'normal' 

Glad its not my 'normal' but you push on with yer merger..but i wont be watchin yer🙄

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Glad its not my 'normal' but you push on with yer merger..but i wont be watchin yer🙄

I'm not pro-merger in the slightest

But I do have friends and family members who support other clubs and Sheffield United too

it's called 'normal' mate

lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

Anybody who supports a merger must have loads er blunt mates..ive never understood wednesday fans who hang about wi utd fans..its all a bit odd

Not much you can do if you live with them!!(My dad was a lifelong Blade..father in Law too RIP both..)

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But I do have friends and family members who support other clubs and Sheffield United too

lol

No one has ever accused me of being 'normal'.... How are paratroops chosen? First we sort the men from the boys...'What than'? than we sort the fools from the men......than what?the fools jump! AIRBORNE  

1 minute ago, parajack said:

No one has ever accused me of being 'normal'.... How are paratroops chosen? First we sort the men from the boys...'What than'? than we sort the fools from the men......than what?the fools jump! AIRBORNE  

Respect

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

32 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not much you can do if you live with them!!(My dad was a lifelong Blade..father in Law too RIP both..)

As you can see every family has it's Black Sheep!

26 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not a clue what any of that is about

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just spotted this thread. Thought at first it was a joke ironic post or something but it appears to be a serious suggestion. Literally an absolute complete non starter for me. I can see Wednesday ceasing to exist on our current trajectory, but to willingly merge with local rivals to peruse ‘success’? No.  No no no. No.