Sobering

31 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

The stadium is owned by a company DC owns isn't it.  Ok, he's took out a loan for a portion of the cost but as long as he keeps the payments up, what's the problem here?  If someone was to buy the club without the ground being included in the price then that someone would be foolish.  I can understand the doom and gloom about the playing side but not about this accounting fudge that DC seems to have done, 

As long as he keeps up payments.

He is struggling to pay the wages so no worries keeping up repayments on the ground.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 33 said:

Since play-off final when we had a team to inspire, only Bannan and Hutch remain along with Palmer from that squad?

Of those that have left since then, there has been nobody better recruited and anybody potentially half decent has been injury prone.

Must be getting closer to the £200M mark now for DC.

Ground sold and struggling as a going concern.

Hopefully clearing the decks gives a basis to start moving forward, but crikey... the life of a Wednesdayite.

Devil’s advocate - Iorfa. Cant label him injury prone just yet, but he’s well on his way to it.

Spot on though, in fact when you used the phrase “nobody better recruited” I reckon you could widen it to “not one progressive and successful decision made by the club since”. If they made a programme called “how to completely turn around your fortunes, your customer expectations and your entire brand” they have the perfect model for things to avoid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

£38m for purchase

C. £5m losses season 1

C. £10m losses for season 2

C. £15m losses for season 3

C. £20m losses for season 4

C. £10m losses for season 5

=~£100m

Add on £60m "lost" for stadium sale (albeit that seems more a matter of accounting fuckwittery that's well beyond me rather than money changing hands), that's pushing £160m... can easily see where the £180m gets bandied about from.

Full disclosure, I have a massive headache, have done absolutely no fact-checking to make sure I'm not wildly wrong, and have given it very little thought... I'm sure my drug-addled brain has misremebered something, but off the top of my head... yeah, sounds about right doesn't it?

Thanks.

That does sound about right.

Sobering indeed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marshy said:

We as fans need to be patient here and not expect to p1ss the league

I’m crossing everything Moore is as good as I think he could be at assembling a new squad. But only the most optimistic Wednesdayite or indeed heaviest drug user would ever imagine we will be pi55ing the league!

Mid table but improving at every window would be a genuine success from where we are now IMO. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

All that money to change us from a mid table championship team to a league one team that dosnt own its own stadium. 

Well done Chansiri. 

Takes top notch business skills to achieve so much in such a short period

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 33 said:

Since play-off final when we had a team to inspire, only Bannan and Hutch remain along with Palmer from that squad?

Of those that have left since then, there has been nobody better recruited and anybody potentially half decent has been injury prone.

Hopefully clearing the decks gives a basis to start moving forward, but crikey... the life of a Wednesdayite.

Too right 33, my friend.

That 2016 playoff squad needed three or four clever additions to get us over the line. Instead we bought absolute crap like Abdi, Winnall, Rhodes etc. 

Guest hirstysfags
11 hours ago, 33 said:

Hopefully clearing the decks gives a basis to start moving forward, but crikey... the life of a football fan.

Fixed it for you.

11 hours ago, 33 said:

The squad now, as it stands, is probably the worst it’s been since the 70s 

14 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

£38m for purchase

C. £5m losses season 1

=~£100m

Add on £60m "lost" for stadium sale (albeit that seems more a matter of accounting fuckwittery that's well beyond me rather than money changing hands), that's pushing £160m... can easily see where the £180m gets bandied about from.

Full disclosure, I have a massive headache, have done absolutely no fact-checking to make sure I'm not wildly wrong, and have given it very little thought... I'm sure my drug-addled brain has misremebered something, but off the top of my head... yeah, sounds about right doesn't it?

A 400 g fruitcake costs £4.50.

Could cakeball have tipped us over the edge?

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Too right 33, my friend.

That 2016 playoff squad needed three or four clever additions to get us over the line. Instead we bought absolute crap like Abdi, Winnall, Rhodes etc. 

Spot on - and the striking department was not one of them, we had Hooper Forestieri Joao and Nuhiu, with a lad in the under 23s banging them in for club and country. This was the area of the team along with the keepers which were sorted. The two key area's of the pitch IMO and we had that sorted.

What did we do, sign Fletcher Rhodes Winnall and spend year after year signing and paying a 4th choice keeper.

We needed a CB or we needed to actually do what we did and move Hutch back there and buy a strong imposing DM player. We did the right thing and moved hutch back only to put Bannan central and spend bucket loads of money on Abdi Jones and Reach who were all nice footballers but no better than Lee and Bannan that we already had, and also not one of them knew how to tackle which was what we needed.

We needed to upgrade on the fullbacks because Pudil was getting on (i still would have signed him) and Hunt although decent was better going forward. Palmer and Wiggins/Helan/Fox were not good enough. But in the true Wednesday was that was ignored only for us to dispense with the decent full backs and play the not good enough back up's as first choice.

Pure and utter madness.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 18:50, StudentOwl said:

£38m for purchase

C. £5m losses season 1

=~£100m

Would that include money spent on the ground/training ground not included in ffp losses?

Also would it include, sponsorship money (taxis / north stand / ..) paid to ‘minimise’ our loses?

Guest Grandad
On 20/05/2021 at 18:50, StudentOwl said:

You should apply to be CEO

On 20/05/2021 at 18:35, S36 OWL said:

All that money to change us from a mid table championship team to a league one team that dosnt own its own stadium. 

Well done Chansiri. 

There's an old (and very true) saying/joke in football:

"How do you become a Millionaire by owning a football team?

...start out as a Billionaire."

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 18:42, marshy said:

I think we're on last chance saloon here. The reset button has firmly been pressed and could be pressed even further if Windass, Patterson and Urhoghide leave as ir leaves us with next to nothing. The great and glorious one has to let Moore do his job and commence a rebuild. I'm not 100% convinced with Moore, YET, but we could make an even bigger mistake if we sack him with a job half done. We as fans need to be patient here and not expect to p1ss the league just because we will effectively have a new team. It could well take a couple of windows, even more.

the unknown in the whole scenario is WILL we be ALLOWED to trade, or have we done something else WRONG?