Sobering

For the sake of 4 decent expensive signings, in positions that were obvious to everyone, after that defeat ...thrown huge amounts of cash down the toilet and now in L1. 

Edited by Freshfish
  • Like 9

I think we're on last chance saloon here. The reset button has firmly been pressed and could be pressed even further if Windass, Patterson and Urhoghide leave as ir leaves us with next to nothing. The great and glorious one has to let Moore do his job and commence a rebuild. I'm not 100% convinced with Moore, YET, but we could make an even bigger mistake if we sack him with a job half done. We as fans need to be patient here and not expect to p1ss the league just because we will effectively have a new team. It could well take a couple of windows, even more.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I suspect we have not bottomed out yet either.

This next season can be our bottom, and will be if DC puts a proper back-room structure in place and we recruit pragmatically without external influence.

The "if" should probably be in a bigger font...

• Like 2

I'm not saying £200 million is wrong, but £180-200 million is bandied around. Is that a reasonable estimate. That would reflect losses every season that DC has been here of about £25-30 million. Is that right?

I can believe it, but is that a good guesstimate?

Just now, Rev Owl said:

I'm not saying £200 million is wrong, but £180-200 million is bandied around. Is that a reasonable estimate. That would reflect losses every season that DC has been here of about £25-30 million. Is that right?

I can believe it, but is that a good guesstimate?

£38m for purchase

C. £5m losses season 1

C. £10m losses for season 2

C. £15m losses for season 3

C. £20m losses for season 4

C. £10m losses for season 5

=~£100m

Add on £60m "lost" for stadium sale (albeit that seems more a matter of accounting fuckwittery that's well beyond me rather than money changing hands), that's pushing £160m... can easily see where the £180m gets bandied about from.

Full disclosure, I have a massive headache, have done absolutely no fact-checking to make sure I'm not wildly wrong, and have given it very little thought... I'm sure my drug-addled brain has misremebered something, but off the top of my head... yeah, sounds about right doesn't it?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This next season can be our bottom, and will be if DC puts a proper back-room structure in place and we recruit pragmatically without external influence.

The "if" should probably be in a bigger font...

Think even if put in a proper back room structure it might take a while to bed in and bear fruit.

Maybe a couple of seasons.

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think even if put in a proper back room structure it might take a while to bed in and bear fruit.

Maybe a couple of seasons.

I could see it taking 12 months. All we have to do is not get relegated, and then I think we would see us u-turn with the right people in place.

It's idealic optimism I know, but that can be the future Sheffield Wednesday have. DC just has to get it right.

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

£38m for purchase

C. £5m losses season 1

C. £10m losses for season 2

C. £15m losses for season 3

C. £20m losses for season 4

C. £10m losses for season 5

=~£100m

Add on £60m "lost" for stadium sale (albeit that seems more a matter of accounting fuckwittery that's well beyond me rather than money changing hands), that's pushing £160m... can easily see where the £180m gets bandied about from.

Full disclosure, I have a massive headache, have done absolutely no fact-checking to make sure I'm not wildly wrong, and have given it very little thought... I'm sure my drug-addled brain has misremebered something, but off the top of my head... yeah, sounds about right doesn't it?

They may have factored in honouring future contract payments and depreciations 

The stadium is owned by a company DC owns isn't it.  Ok, he's took out a loan for a portion of the cost but as long as he keeps the payments up, what's the problem here?  If someone was to buy the club without the ground being included in the price then that someone would be foolish.  I can understand the doom and gloom about the playing side but not about this accounting fudge that DC seems to have done, 

• Like 1

You think of the money simply wasted on tat....When a minimal amount spent on one proper  Director of football, who knew the system could have saved the team, the ground, the points deduction and the spiralling into the lower leagues again....

So Bloody  annoying!

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I suspect we have not bottomed out yet either.

No where near bottoming out mate. I fear things are about to get a whole lot worse. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, marshy said:

I think we're on last chance saloon here. The reset button has firmly been pressed and could be pressed even further if Windass, Patterson and Urhoghide leave as ir leaves us with next to nothing. The great and glorious one has to let Moore do his job and commence a rebuild. I'm not 100% convinced with Moore, YET, but we could make an even bigger mistake if we sack him with a job half done. We as fans need to be patient here and not expect to p1ss the league just because we will effectively have a new team. It could well take a couple of windows, even more.

I agree mate, but he has shown many positives. The key point is, as it is a rebuild, we have to have some patience. It’s virtually impossible in this day and age, but that is how great teams are built.