Sobering

1 hour ago, Malkmus said:

Would that include money spent on the ground/training ground not included in ffp losses?

Also would it include, sponsorship money (taxis / north stand / ..) paid to ‘minimise’ our loses?

Yes because that would be included in the accounts.

Where do you think DC valuation of the club of £160m comes from, it's how much he has wasted of his own money to date.

But he has not invested to give us a legacy of a great youth system, or a state of the art stadium facilities to make the match experience for the fans.

He has allowed players like Abdi, Emanuelson, Rhodes and many many others to walk away with millions for doing next to nothing for 3 or 4 years. He would have been better throwing the £160m in the don and making a wish, at least it would acted as a flood defence.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Where do you think DC valuation of the club of £160m comes from, it's how much he has wasted of his own money to date.

But he has not invested to give us a legacy of a great youth system, or a state of the art stadium facilities to make the match experience for the fans.

He has allowed players like Abdi, Emanuelson, Rhodes and many many others to walk away with millions for doing next to nothing for 3 or 4 years. He would have been better throwing the £160m in the don and making a wish, at least it would acted as a flood defence.

i'm not sure that 'state of the art stadium facilities' would make 'the match experience for fans' as good as numerous 'old fashioned new ar$ehole ripping's for the opposition would.

money needs channelling in 'SENSIBLE' player recruitment, not new stadia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

You should apply to be CEO

You know how it's really easy for fans to say "I could have done a better job" when everyone knows it isn't true?

I'm at the point where I truly believe had I been CEO during the last four ye years, we'd be in a better state. Heck, I reckon you could take an average Owlstalker and that would hold true.

Guest Andy W
On 20/05/2021 at 18:37, matthefish2002 said:

I suspect we have not bottomed out yet either.

We have nowhere near bottomed out...don't think for a second we are going to be top half of table next season, I reckon bottom 3 all season

5 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

You know how it's really easy for fans to say "I could have done a better job" when everyone knows it isn't true?

I'm at the point where I truly believe had I been CEO during the last four ye years, we'd be in a better state. Heck, I reckon you could take an average Owlstalker and that would hold true.

I reckon the tea lady would have the club and the team in a better place now than DC.

his biggest problem, is still his biggest weakness, he is too stubborn and will never admit when he is wrong.

his latest appointment is just his latest scapegoat, he won't have any power to do anything DC will still want to make every decision.

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

I meant more along the lines of could he have lost more.

Putting in sponsorship money to reduce the losses.

And I wasn’t sure if the loses shown where ffp losses or club losses?

- ffp not including money spent on ground / training facilities etc.

On 20/05/2021 at 19:20, Ian_D said:

The stadium is owned by a company DC owns isn't it.  Ok, he's took out a loan for a portion of the cost but as long as he keeps the payments up, what's the problem here?  If someone was to buy the club without the ground being included in the price then that someone would be foolish.  I can understand the doom and gloom about the playing side but not about this accounting fudge that DC seems to have done, 

You mean like the accounting fudge that cost us 6 points and got us relegated ?.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 19:20, Ian_D said:

The stadium is owned by a company DC owns isn't it.  Ok, he's took out a loan for a portion of the cost but as long as he keeps the payments up, what's the problem here?  If someone was to buy the club without the ground being included in the price then that someone would be foolish.  I can understand the doom and gloom about the playing side but not about this accounting fudge that DC seems to have done, 

He (Sheffield 3) did  not take a loan out to make a payment to He (SWFC). Nobody takes out a loan secured against his only asset to make an inter-company transaction. He took a loan secured against his only tangible asset of any value because He (Sheffield 3+SWFC) had real world liabilities to pay such as staff salaries and He (Chansiri) didn’t have the real world cash to pay them. 

• Like 2

Can’t believe some of you are still on here and not laid by the pool. You are so sure of what’s happening next season, before we have begun the big reset. Why not just bang a quid on the lottery next weekend and get yourself off to the Bahamas with the winnings. I’m guessing we will have a minimum of six new players in our starting 11 for our first game. How do you know they won’t be capable of challenging. Moore managed at Donny without spending anything. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, room0035 said:

i remember going to jokewell many decades ago, i'll have a guess just after our world cup win (the real one not rugby or cricket)

67ish. (only a handful of years after them having to apply for re-election) and in the main stand the seating was the a wooden block every 3 or 4 yards with a (say) 4 inch by 12 inch beam (or plank) across it.

now i didn't continue to go back because of the quality of the seating, i didn't go back because they were shyte.

On 23/05/2021 at 07:07, kobayashi said:

He (Sheffield 3) did  not take a loan out to make a payment to He (SWFC). Nobody takes out a loan secured against his only asset to make an inter-company transaction. He took a loan secured against his only tangible asset of any value because He (Sheffield 3+SWFC) had real world liabilities to pay such as staff salaries and He (Chansiri) didn’t have the real world cash to pay them. 

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for making that clear.