Ashley Fletcher

Guest Jack the Hat
15 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Who?

I have a feeling we'll be saying this a lot this summer.

Not sure if he would want to drop down a division.

Though it may be what he needs to push his career on in a way. 

Struggled at boro and in and out of the team or stuck on the bench and not scored much. 

Drop down a division to a team where your going to start if fit with 46 games to start banging in some goals again, get some confidence back, raise your profile because people and clubs will take notice and get your career back on track does make some sense, play the longer game not the here and now. 

Him and Windass could be quite a  formidable partnership in div 1. 

16 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

On our radar apparently! 

This would be a terrible signing! I used to work with Ashley Fletcher. He must be the best part of 50 year old now and a good 3 or 4 stone overweight! I also think he's a pig fan! Then again, I never saw him play footy so I'll be prepared to stand corrected.   

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Signings that must be prioritised in the window: 

- Left back

- left winger 

- Keeper 

- Centre mid (to replace pelupessy when hopefully he leaves) 

- Centre back ( To replace Iorfa who will be sold and Lees out of contract) 

- striker (to replace rhodes who’s contract almost certainly won’t be renewed and windass who will probably be sold)

As much as I rate Luongo i just can’t see us getting more than 20 games a season. If Borner and Dunkley stay, I actually think with them and Odubajo we will look pretty strong at the back. 

I think if we can keep hold of windas

Borner and Dunkley wont stay Ive ordered taxis for the pair of em.

No way would he come here. Will have enough championship suitors.

Those saying no are gonna be EXTREMELY disappointed as to who we do sign. And that’s not me saying that any player we get isn’t gonna do well, but they’re gonna rate very low on the whelm-scale as they’ll either be ‘past it’ or they’ll be a relative unknown.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

No way would he come here. Will have enough championship suitors.

Those saying no are gonna be EXTREMELY disappointed as to who we do sign. And that’s not me saying that any player we get isn’t gonna do well, but they’re gonna rate very low on the whelm-scale as they’ll either be ‘past it’ or they’ll be a relative unknown.

Exactly.

Last year we shopped for Marriott, Brown and Kachunga. This year will be a step down. Imagine that!

On 11/05/2021 at 09:14, Prince said:

More chance of signing Messi. Some of our fans are living in a parallel universe if they think players are going to want to come here. Third division and no stability off the pitch it would be like any one of us leaving a stable job and going to work for Debenhams now.

We've attracted top players before when we've been in this league. Some permanent Steve McLean, some loan Antonio. 

Whatever league we are in we're still seen as massive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

We've attracted top players before when we've been in this league. Some permanent Steve McLean, some loan Antonio. 

Whatever league we are in we're still seen as massive. 

We used to be a big draw but 20 odd years outside the top flight, non payment of players and a total muppet for an owner makes us about as attractive a cold cup of sick. If you aren’t a fan you aren’t going want to be reliant on Chansiri paying your bills. 

• Like 1

Bang average in the championship, 

He would possibly score a few in league one, think a low end championship club would take a chance though