Ashley Fletcher

Isn't he the one that Monk signed for Boro, waaay above his value, and was given a contract to match his inflated transfer fee?

He'd have to take a real wage cut.

But, I think we'll be looking at players like this (probably not as lucrative as Fletcher)... once promising prospects who have lost their way a little. Seems like Moore fancies himself as a bit of a man manager who can get the best out of these players.

I'd be really surprised about Fletcher though...think he'll get another Championship club.

Ah, the ever revolving churn of baseless rumours starts today does it?

There will never be anything in it unless it has come from a local journalist, Alan Nixon, The Athletic or Pete O'Rourke. They are the go-tos for any accurate transfer news. Anything else is nearly exclusively nonsense.

9 hours ago, LaughtonOwl said:

Why would any half decent player come to us? We can't pay our players their wages. SWFC would be the very last of my options if I were looking for a new club 

Think any player signing for us would insist on his salary being paid annually in advance.

Or add in a breach of contract clause, with penalties for late payment.

More chance of signing Messi. Some of our fans are living in a parallel universe if they think players are going to want to come here. Third division and no stability off the pitch it would be like any one of us leaving a stable job and going to work for Debenhams now.

• Love 1