Ashley Fletcher

Signings that must be prioritised in the window: 

- Left back

- left winger 

- Keeper 

- Centre mid (to replace pelupessy when hopefully he leaves) 

- Centre back ( To replace Iorfa who will be sold and Lees out of contract) 

- striker (to replace rhodes who’s contract almost certainly won’t be renewed and windass who will probably be sold)

As much as I rate Luongo i just can’t see us getting more than 20 games a season. If Borner and Dunkley stay, I actually think with them and Odubajo we will look pretty strong at the back. 

I think if we can keep hold of windas

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Know Ashley’s Dad, Mick Fletcher. Nice fella. My Stepdad was a PC and was good mates with Fletch through the Police.

I wouldn’t have thought we would have a chance but you never know.

Have a word with your cousins mates, uncles dogs, next door neighbour and see if he can put in a good word!

2 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Boro paid nearly £7m for him from West Ham. Would be an outstanding free transfer for us in L1. 

I just can’t see it happening but as you say it would be a quality signing for league 1. He would have been a good signing if we stayed up. 

He’s fast, powerful and although Joao has just had his breakout season Fletcher will soon too. 

10 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Some players are prepared to drop down in order to ignite their careers.. Who knows! Wasn't Ivan Toney a Newcastle bit part player once? 

Toney was a lot younger when making that decision. Be shocked if a Fletcher was not on radar of likes of Cov, Derby, Huddersfield etc 

26 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Toney was a lot younger when making that decision. Be shocked if a Fletcher was not on radar of likes of Cov, Derby, Huddersfield etc 

If I was a Hudds/Cov/Derby fan I'd want someone with a bit more of a proven track record. He's only scored 13 in his last 2 seasons at championship level. 

1 minute ago, kristmace said:

If I was a Hudds/Cov/Derby fan I'd want someone with a bit more of a proven track record. He's only scored 13 in his last 2 seasons at championship level. 

Joao wouldn’t have scored loads in his last two seasons for us. If you have the attributes that Fletcher has and age is on his side he will have no shortage of takers. 

if we did sign him. It might wake me up from some of our recent recruitment. Would be a sensational signing at League 1 level.

6 minutes ago, LaughtonOwl said:

Why would any half decent player come to us? We can't pay our players their wages. SWFC would be the very last of my options if I were looking for a new club 

Your not invited to the negotiations if your gonna talk like that.