FFP regulations for league 1

not totally clued up on league 1 but just had a look at the 6 who finished at top and i dont see any of them having spent a great deal .......you can get out of this division at the right end on cheapies ,freebies and loans  ...the trick is for chansiri is getting the right bloke in as manager and let him get on with it .......

• Like 4

Define potless, because if he was truly we would be in administration presumably. 

At championship level he was struggling to maintain the wage bill he started with and there was also the need to reduce it. So at the level we want to be at there is an issue there if the recruitment isn’t clever. Which it hasn’t been.

However, wage budgets are so much lower in league one, with prices being driven down anyway across the board post pandemic and assuming fans return that alone will make us and a few others stick out on the income front. 

None of it will matter if we don’t recruit the right players which typically means that extra quality but the steel and ugly ness too. But I don’t think we would be able to see a true comparison unless we went up again and had to compete with the wealth of the championship.

• Like 1

Think it is also part of the rules that a maximum of 60% of income can be spent on wages.

So although we can pay whatever we want on transfer fees, with the loss of income we are going to be struggling to attract decent players on decent wages.

Haven't we learnt anything from this experience. Money is not the only way to create a team. Even if we had aguiro money players of his status are not going to play in league 1.

All the speculation about DC finances is pointless. If we to look at the past his financial backing has been good. Nothing says that things have changed. After a season of zero gate receipts we still standing just. 

Last time we were in league 1 we had a consolidation season the first season. I see the same happening next season. We need to be patient again and let DM build a squad that is for the future. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Think it is also part of the rules that a maximum of 60% of income can be spent on wages.

So although we can pay whatever we want on transfer fees, with the loss of income we are going to be struggling to attract decent players on decent wages.

Think a whole load of decent players will be struggling to attract what they deem as ‘decent’ wages this summer 

Even if we can spend whatever and we have the means to, I wouldn’t want us to. For us to move forward and towards the Premier league we have to create a sustainable way of operating. Let’s invest in the better younger players of league one and two, maybe some cast offs of bigger clubs academies and see where it gets us. Along side our squad already it should be enough and we could unearth the next Brunt / Whelan like our first stint in league one. What does concern me with Chansiri is he’s always been able to spend money outside FFP. He could have spent money on our academy and training ground which DRASTICALLY needs investment and he hasn’t. 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I think if DC was ‘potless’ we would be in a totally different scenario wouldn’t we 

Other potless clubs were Bolton and Portsmouth. They had eerily similar circumstances to the one we find ourselves in now. Who's to say where we will end up. Have we bottomed out yet? The future doesn't look great does it. 

Doesn't the wage paying problems we've seen this year prove he has no money left?

We know from the last set of accounts that we have significantly reduced our 3 year losses cycle. So there should have been room to 'lose' the money needed to pay those wages in the given months they were paid late. 

Yet it didn't happen.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’ll probably be a couple £250-500k signings like last year and that’s it. 

The bloke can’t even pay the wages. There’s more chance of me having the winning lotto numbers then there is of a spending spree 

I think the wages thing is more to do with him having issues moving money about and then international payments to the uk bank account. However, Covid will have had a massive impact on us and probably 80-90% of clubs in the EFL.

Hopefully, once fans are allowed back in (if we still have any) we will be able to become more sustainably. Factor in to that players on big wages/contracts expiring, then hopefully we will be able to attract some decent youngsters who will have a sell on value (if DC lets them go).

So if someone actually meets Chansiri’s valuation of the club they can spend anything on transfer fees, providing the wages are inline with our incomings... 

Anyone know any crazy rich b*st*ds who think they can make Wednesday great again?

:Chansiri:

• Like 1

I seriously doubt we've bottomed out under DC. He is a disastrous leader and owner. The money clearly dried up as far back as Jos tenure. I think we're fecked and I think we're going straight through the third division. 

1 hour ago, londonowl said:

Next year we will find out what Chansiri is made of. SCMP which is the L1 equivalent of FFP includes any donations made by the owner in the turnover figure. 

What this essentially means is that you can spend whatever you want as long as the owner is willing to gift the money to the club, it can't be in the form of a loan. 

If Chansiri has the money some claim, buying his way out of L1 should be very easy with essentially no restrictions on what he can put in.

Thought @@owlstalk would be on top of this:

SPENDAGEDDON!

:Chansiri: