FFP regulations for league 1

I don't think he is potless per se, as, if he was, the club would be on the brink of going out of business. Fingers crossed, that isn't the case. 

The problem is I don't think he's got much to put in outside of keeping the club on pretty much life support. 

This season has reminded me a bit of the latter stages of Milan's time here, except it was quite apparent that Milan was desperate to sell and didn't want to spend too much before doing so. 

With Chansiri, it seems he's quite happy to keep flogging what is pretty much a dead horse. 

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

I hope we go back to lots of ‘normal’ commercial practices like reasonably priced exec boxes and corporate packages. I’ve got a small business and would love to use Wednesdays facilities but I’m priced right out at the moment. 

In Chansiri speak you mean you want something for almost nothing. Cheek of it. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Considering we’ve been paying Champaign ticket prices to watch complete and utter s**t, I think he owes it to the fans to get his hand in his pocket and fund a successful promotion campaign.

Apart from those last 2 months we weren't even bad when we were actually allowed in the ground. 2019 our results must have been pretty decent as I think we were top 6 under Bruce for the second half of 2018/19 form table and obviously 3rd under Monk in 2019/20.

We're lucky we haven't been allowed in to witness it

6 hours ago, Bigaltheowl said:

Are we still under a transfer embargo ?.and does it go now we ere in div 1.genuine question

If we’re not in a transfer embargo we should be.

There’s no way we should be signing players until the wages are paid up to date and all the season tickets are refunded 

2 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

So In theory he can gift funds to buy a squad ready to not only to get promotion on the first attempt and be future proof to challenge for promotion to the premiership the following season?

Correct?

Future proof you could say

You love using the buzz words "FUTURE PROOF " don't you!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pulixifer said:

How many million does he need to loose before it's back over to the fans?

People want a Brentford style club they just don't want to pay for it.

I just think he should honour his promise to the fans.

Good article from when Ipswich were relegated. I think once the salary cap was challenged, reverted to this?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/salary-cost-management-protocol-guide-2599520

As far as I can see, we need wages of players (only) to be 60% of turnover, but as a relegated club we get an extra 15% and players under 20 at the start of the season excluded from this calculation.

Wages (any payments to players) only, transfer fees excluded and the penalty is a transfer embargo. No mention of a points deduction.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

So In theory he can gift funds to buy a squad ready to not only to get promotion on the first attempt and be future proof to challenge for promotion to the premiership the following season?

Correct?

Future proof you could say

What I want to see is him donate enough money to assemble a squad capable of challenging promotion to the Premier League.

Why, because for some strange reason the rules allow it in League 1. 

He could donate enough to make sure we get promoted at first attempt. However, this isn't enough as we are back to square 1 when we get promoted.

Basically we need to do what Wolves did, but in Leave 1 and the donation he gives the club should count towards revenue for FFP in the Championship.

This of course is dependent on him having the money. I would also like to see him donate money to the club to buy back the stadium. League 1 allows for all this to happen.

15 hours ago, 0742 said:

I reckon he's broke and we're going to see and feel that next season.

No significant signings in 4 years, i can't see that changing now.

He did shell out 500k for Windass and similar for Paterson. He also spent cash bringing in Monk's team, Pulis and Moore.

I don't see him as broke nor unwilling to invest in the club, it's his decision making that has been shocking, though credit him with acknowledging that particularly in reference to the footballing anti-christ that is Pulis.

We are all forgetting he most important factor in this, and it is one that has reared its head well before Chansiri's time. A club doesn't just go out shopping as one would do at Teco, say,  walk down the aisle ,[ick a player off a shelf, put it in your trolley, go to check=out and pay.

Many good players have, in the past, and after the deal was agreed, refused to come to S5. The reaasons may be many, silly or just excuses, but until the player himself puts pen to paper, no deal is eer sealed And this happened before Chansiri, as well as in his rule. 

15 hours ago, londonowl said:

Next year we will find out what Chansiri is made of. SCMP which is the L1 equivalent of FFP includes any donations made by the owner in the turnover figure. 

What this essentially means is that you can spend whatever you want as long as the owner is willing to gift the money to the club, it can't be in the form of a loan. 

If Chansiri has the money some claim, buying his way out of L1 should be very easy with essentially no restrictions on what he can put in.

Rocket ship! 

59 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

What I want to see is him donate enough money to assemble a squad capable of challenging promotion to the Premier League.

Why, because for some strange reason the rules allow it in League 1. 

He could donate enough to make sure we get promoted at first attempt. However, this isn't enough as we are back to square 1 when we get promoted.

Basically we need to do what Wolves did, but in Leave 1 and the donation he gives the club should count towards revenue for FFP in the Championship.

This of course is dependent on him having the money. I would also like to see him donate money to the club to buy back the stadium. League 1 allows for all this to happen.

You make it sound like this could have been the plan all along, get rid of the deadwood and then spendageddon to get us into the championship with a team who could do back to back promotions, making us worth £160m.....

15 hours ago, jp1981 said:

I think the wages thing is more to do with him having issues moving money about and then international payments to the uk bank account. However, Covid will have had a massive impact on us and probably 80-90% of clubs in the EFL.

Hopefully, once fans are allowed back in (if we still have any) we will be able to become more sustainably. Factor in to that players on big wages/contracts expiring, then hopefully we will be able to attract some decent youngsters who will have a sell on value (if DC lets them go).

Think that might be a reasonable explanation if it happened once but its now 5 times.

Also correct me if I am wrong but cant recall any other club having the same issue.

16 hours ago, londonowl said:

Next year we will find out what Chansiri is made of. SCMP which is the L1 equivalent of FFP includes any donations made by the owner in the turnover figure. 

What this essentially means is that you can spend whatever you want as long as the owner is willing to gift the money to the club, it can't be in the form of a loan. 

If Chansiri has the money some claim, buying his way out of L1 should be very easy with essentially no restrictions on what he can put in.

he doesnt have any money

10 hours ago, RigBon said:

I strongly suspect it is coming.

Not sure about this. As DC is himself the main creditor, triggering administration (which he may not even be able to do) would amount to him unilaterally writing off a huge chunk of what's owed to him.