FFP regulations for league 1

57 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

We are all forgetting he most important factor in this, and it is one that has reared its head well before Chansiri's time. A club doesn't just go out shopping as one would do at Teco, say,  walk down the aisle ,[ick a player off a shelf, put it in your trolley, go to check=out and pay.

Many good players have, in the past, and after the deal was agreed, refused to come to S5. The reaasons may be many, silly or just excuses, but until the player himself puts pen to paper, no deal is eer sealed And this happened before Chansiri, as well as in his rule. 

I’d refuse to come to s5 aswell! Colley or concord park bit of a come down!! Only kidding yes that’s the problem until signed sealed and delivered owt can happen

16 hours ago, londonowl said:

Next year we will find out what Chansiri is made of. SCMP which is the L1 equivalent of FFP includes any donations made by the owner in the turnover figure. 

What this essentially means is that you can spend whatever you want as long as the owner is willing to gift the money to the club, it can't be in the form of a loan. 

If Chansiri has the money some claim, buying his way out of L1 should be very easy with essentially no restrictions on what he can put in.

Interesting, I didn't know about the donation thing. I was in the room at a fans forum where Chansiri was giving it the big un' saying money no problem and he's repeatedly said since that he'll do whatever is necessary.....

What's necessary is 11 new first team ready players to get promoted at the first attempt for a start.

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

You make it sound like this could have been the plan all along, get rid of the deadwood and then spendageddon to get us into the championship with a team who could do back to back promotions, making us worth £160m.....

If this is the plan and we get back to back promotions then it's genius. 😂

17 hours ago, londonowl said:

Next year we will find out what Chansiri is made of. SCMP which is the L1 equivalent of FFP includes any donations made by the owner in the turnover figure. 

What this essentially means is that you can spend whatever you want as long as the owner is willing to gift the money to the club, it can't be in the form of a loan. 

If Chansiri has the money some claim, buying his way out of L1 should be very easy with essentially no restrictions on what he can put in.

Yeah I read this a while back and FFP resets so once back in Champ the 3 year period starts. 

31 minutes ago, striker said:

Interesting, I didn't know about the donation thing. I was in the room at a fans forum where Chansiri was giving it the big un' saying money no problem and he's repeatedly said since that he'll do whatever is necessary.....

What's necessary is 11 new first team ready players to get promoted at the first attempt for a start.

Do you believe Chansiri is a man of honesty and integrity? 

Not on your Nellie. 

Don't believe he knows what the words mean. 

13 hours ago, Pulixifer said:

How many million does he need to loose before it's back over to the fans?

People want a Brentford style club they just don't want to pay for it.

39 quid to sit on the KOP  (the cheapest seats) for some matches for Tier 2 Football!!

I think the fans have been paying for it for some time. 

Unless there's a drastic change of approach by Chansiri next season then I'm sure we'll be by far the most expensive ground in league 1.

The fans have been putting money in since Chansiri took over, but far from getting "a Brentford style club" they get a one man dictatorship where Chansiri is free to do exactly as he pleases.

16 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Haven't we learnt anything from this experience. Money is not the only way to create a team. Even if we had aguiro money players of his status are not going to play in league 1.

All the speculation about DC finances is pointless. If we to look at the past his financial backing has been good. Nothing says that things have changed. After a season of zero gate receipts we still standing just. 

Last time we were in league 1 we had a consolidation season the first season. I see the same happening next season. We need to be patient again and let DM build a squad that is for the future. 

Watching Portsmouth v Accrington yesterday and either of those teams would have brushed us and Derby aside on Saturday.

It's not going to be easy next season... I'd take top half finish as a successful campaign.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think that might be a reasonable explanation if it happened once but its now 5 times.

Also correct me if I am wrong but cant recall any other club having the same issue.

I don't think we are the only club who has been late paying wages on several occasions. It's only because the media gets wind of it that we know about us.