Player of the season - protest vote

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri won’t sell if there were thousands of fans turning up outside the ground in protest. He wouldn’t budge. 

How so? He comes accross very sensitive tbh

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Oh give over.

None of them deserve it.

We want to show some opposition to the way we’re being ran? Here is a good opportunity.

But as per it gets shot down. And then everyone will keep complaining about how DC is running the club without doing anything.

And then they’ll ask why when the real crap hits the fan. 

To be fair mate, I get what you're saying, but hijacking the POTS vote seems such a pointless/pyrrhic endeavor, especially when there ARE a couple of players who deserve recognition from this shìtshow of a year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

To be fair mate, I get what you're saying, but hijacking the POTS vote seems such a pointless/pyrrhic endeavor, especially when there ARE a couple of players who deserve recognition from this shìtshow of a year.

None of them deserve it and it's actually exactly the type thing we should be doing.

Might raise some awareness outside of the swfc bubble.

Marriott's not done to bad, when available.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

No one deserves it.

Might get some attention from national newspapers if Marriott wins the award for example. 

Won’t get us far but bloody hell at least it’s something. 

38 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I thought you were one of the main ones outspokenly defending the players for their lack of effort due to lack of pay on other threads. In which case, why the change of tack on here? Surely then, you wouldn’t take it out on the players because of DC! Maybe you’re the utter fool then. 
Bannan deserves it. 

I’m not defending the players. I don’t feel sorry for them. But I can understand how off the field issues impact performance level. Expecting players to go above and beyond for the badge is something from the 1960s - it’s just not how football works these days. So paying the players like 22 other clubs have managed to do, is probably a good idea for a crap side with a -6 points deduction.

I’m sure the squad won’t care one bit if we take the ******** with this vote. We’re getting relegated and we should be doing something to show our frustration. 

So a protest vote that is announced before a final relegation match about which out if contract player who has missed innumerable paydays is not going to affect them.

I know what my position would be and it wouldn’t be to be as motivated as we all hope they will be.

That is not to say it was a particularly bad idea but the timing is so wrong 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Liam Shaw pre celtic discussions, would have taken it. 

Giving it him would really show Chansiri how much he's messed up

Ignoring the "Celtic" connection, I would think that based on performance Osaze Urhogide is far

more deserving of any award than Liam Shaw.

• Like 2

I once win Most Improved Player of the season, which basically suggested that I was s hit and got slightly less s hit as the season progressed.

Could we give this award out please? There are many takers for it but my vote goes to Joey.

Not a pop at him as he has got better while others seen to have got worse. As for protests, the only ones that work are akin to what happened at Man Utd.

Generally people in the UK whinge and moan (me included) then do sweet f all. I have however stopped buying John West tuna. Stick that one where the sun don’t shine DC. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

I once win Most Improved Player of the season, which basically suggested that I was s hit and got slightly less s hit as the season progressed.

Could we give this award out please? There are many takers for it but my vote goes to Joey.

Not a pop at him as he has got better while others seen to have got worse. As for protests, the only ones that work are akin to what happened at Man Utd.

Generally people in the UK whinge and moan (me included) then do sweet f all. I have however stopped buying John West tuna. Stick that one where the sun don’t shine DC. 

Won ffs, won. 

• Haha 1

I get what you are saying with a protest vote,try and show/tell them how we feel..Not being in the ground an all that.

Just think a couple of em have tried,its the rest around them letting them down..

So Bannan for me by a mile,no one comes close,Windass after xmas been ok so has Rhodes,I dont get the love fest for Lees,and Pessy has done ok last 10 games....

UTO

4 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

hmm difficult one...either Bannan or Windass for me. If Shaw wasn't off to Celtic he would probably win it like Beevers did when he first come onto the scene

Shaw for player of the year Wtf. You’re really showing your football knowledge there he’s had 1 decent game against a lower league side and a couple of above average 20 minute spells.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1