Player of the season - protest vote

7 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

you think the players are not influenced by how fans act? 

Not really no, i don't think they care much for what fans think or how they act. Those days are long gone, especially in football. 

Players care about how much they get paid, how many likes they get on instagram, what sponsors they have, what famous artists they can be pictured with, how many women they can bang. But no, they don't care if the fans of the club they play for take part in a protest vote. To even suggest so is comical. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The players have consistently let us down all season. I doubt a protest vote online will really bother them that much. 

But again, this is how it starts. Anything suggested to show protest against what is happening at the club is instantly shot down in flames. 

Nothing will ever get done and we’ll continue dying under the Chansiri ownership. 

But everything you post is negative,why not wait till after the last game to protest

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Not really no, i don't think they care much for what fans think or how they act. Those days are long gone, especially in football. 

Players care about how much they get paid, how many likes they get on instagram, what sponsors they have, what famous artists they can be pictured with, how many women they can bang. But no, they don't care if the fans of the club they play for take part in a protest vote. To even suggest so is comical. 

So why is playing at home such an advantage? 

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely. Any suggestion is immediately shot down. Even if it’s effective or not.

Do people realise that Chansiri has 100% stake? Any protest won’t bother him one bit. It’s just a gesture to have our voices heard. 

It needs to be something that gets the NATONAL media and hopefully Chansiri's attention.

A player of the Year ""protest vote" would only be seen locally and mainly be seen as a joke rather than a protest. 

Not sure what we could do to get the National Media (and maybe even other Clubs fans) on Board,  but if we could Evantually Chansiri would have to take notice.

I'm not keen on this idea, as to me Chansiri won't even know it's happened and if anything it'll only have an adverse affect on the Players (maybe even for next season).

Keep your idea's coming though,  not every suggestion will be "immediately shot down" 

It has to start somewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OWL1969 said:

It needs to be something that gets the NATONAL media and hopefully Chansiri's attention.

A player of the Year ""protest vote" would only be seen locally and mainly be seen as a joke rather than a protest. 

Not sure what we could do to get the National Media (and maybe even other Clubs fans) on Board,  but if we could Evantually Chansiri would have to take notice.

I'm not keen on this idea, as to me Chansiri won't even know it's happened and if anything it'll only have an adverse affect on the Players (maybe even for next season).

Keep your idea's coming though,  not every suggestion will be "immediately shot down" 

It has to start somewhere. 

do you think voting for Marriott would have more or less detrimental effect than the same players not being paid on time AGAIN. 

Guest Andy W
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Time to vote for our player of the season.

I can’t think of one player deserving.

So who we all going for. Izzy Brown? Jack Marriott?

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/vote-for-your-swfc-player-of-the-year/

This is a difficult one...they are all garbage footballers far and away the worst bunch collectively we have ever had  IMO

And that's being polite.

Hope they all leave

Thanks

I agree with the OP saying we some kind of protest, things are really out of control with our club

some fan backlash is deffo needed.... it's debatable whether this is the right action tho.

Man Utd fans showed everyone with a protest v Liverpool what's needed to take note.

I'm not saying storm the ground but fml Chansiri has totally took the pi$$ with no retaliation

from the paying fans (customers to him).

POY...

Bannan I guess.

Tbh should be a runaway for him.

Bannan’s been the only one who’s consistently put a shift in. Yeah he’s had the some bad games but he looks like he cared. 

Protest vote is all a little pointless and petty. If you don’t think anyone’s done enough, then don’t vote. If you want to force DC out of the club.. this will do nothing. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely. Any suggestion is immediately shot down. Even if it’s effective or not.

Do people realise that Chansiri has 100% stake? Any protest won’t bother him one bit. It’s just a gesture to have our voices heard. 

I think we are coming at this from opposite ends of the spectrum.

I do not believe any form of protest would work with Mr Chansiri.   Even if it is just a token gesture of the player of the season vote.

To be quite honest, I think the British psyche does not understand that of the Thai psyche, and also in reverse.    Definitely in reverse!

I don't think this man understands the customer base he bought into, because quite frankly we are not a customer base.

Time to vote for our player of the season.

I can’t think of one player deserving.

So who we all going for. Izzy Brown? Jack Marriott?

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/vote-for-your-swfc-player-of-the-year/

Even if some people think the ideas rubbish your clearly not the only person thinking this as there is a ‘Vote Marriott for POTY’ thread on the go as well!

I’m not sure it would look like anything more than a ‘Boaty McBoatface’ ‘hi-jinx’ but if we are in the ‘protesting’ business you’ve got to start somewhere!

6 minutes ago, ANDY said:

do you think voting for Marriott would have more or less detrimental effect than the same players not being paid on time AGAIN. 

To answer your  irrelevant Question it would have a  less detrimental effect. 

We're discussing ways of Protesting against the owner,  (because amongst many other things that he's done or hasn't done,  he doesn't pay the players on time) 

I'm saying the idea of a protest vote for the player of the Year awards would have no impact or could even be counter productive.

I'm still struggling to work out how you've gone from discussing ways of protesting against the owner to whether that protest is as detrimental as not paying players?  

There's a thread going regarding that, this has nothing to do with it. 

Oh give over.

None of them deserve it.

We want to show some opposition to the way we’re being ran? Here is a good opportunity.

But as per it gets shot down. And then everyone will keep complaining about how DC is running the club without doing anything.

And then they’ll ask why when the real crap hits the fan. 

I thought you were one of the main ones outspokenly defending the players for their lack of effort due to lack of pay on other threads. In which case, why the change of tack on here? Surely then, you wouldn’t take it out on the players because of DC! Maybe you’re the utter fool then. 
Bannan deserves it. 

50 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

After what happened at Rotherham earlier this season, if anyone's got a drone with a 'Chansiri out' banner they could use to delay Saturday's game, I'm sure that would make a few headlines.

Great idea. We could save money by clubbing together for a joint effort with Derby. They hate their current owner too. 

• Haha 1