Player of the season - protest vote

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This wouldn't affect Chansiri in any way, shape, or form, though.

I doubt he'd even notice a 'protest' vote in our player of the season poll.

The only people it would potentially impact are the players, who, like it or not, represent our only remaining chance of avoiding League One. And one or two haven't allowed their heads to drop and have maintained their effort levels, despite all the crap that's been swirling around them.

If you want to organise a proper protest, I'm in. This isn't it, though.

Windass or Bannan for me.

The players have consistently let us down all season. I doubt a protest vote online will really bother them that much. 

But again, this is how it starts. Anything suggested to show protest against what is happening at the club is instantly shot down in flames. 

Nothing will ever get done and we’ll continue dying under the Chansiri ownership. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wish we could wait till after Saturday. If Elias Kachunga happened to score a last minute winner that kept us up I’d be picking him.

Protest votes are stupid. The club won’t announce Jack Marriott as the winner and they’ll just discount those votes cos it’s silly.

Went for Windass cos it’s quite an achievement to get into double figures in THIS team.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The club? we're on about the team here so stop conflating. Do you think taking the mick and say Marriott gets voted player of the year that it's going to help us come Saturday? Great support that isn't it? Give your head a wobble we need this team to win for us. 

And you really think a protest vote (results won’t be announced until well after the game) will effect their performance?

If anything the wave of abuse they’ve received on here and social media after Saturday’s performance will bother them more. Didn’t see you shouting down people for criticising the team? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No one should vote at all really.

But some people will so really I think Bannan should win it, I doubt he will be celebrating the fact he’s won it though.

The club should have just ‘forgotten’ about it this season

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And you really think a protest vote (results won’t be announced until well after the game) will effect their performance?

If anything the wave of abuse they’ve received on here and social media after Saturday’s performance will bother them more. Didn’t see you shouting down people for criticising the team? 

The result will be announced on Friday. Well that is their dumb fault if they've gone onto Owlstalk to have a look. 

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Pick your dummy back up.

People aren't 'shooting it down in flames' because we're not up for a protest against Chansiri; we just think this is a sh*t way of doing it.

Come up with a good idea and I'll back it.

It’s a way though. 

Don’t see anyone else coming up with suggestions.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s a way though. 

As I've explained, I don't think it is. 

You yourself have said you dont don't think this 'protest' vote would bother the players a great deal; I've no idea why you think Chansiri would give a sh*t.

The absence of a good idea has been used to justify a bad idea too many times, I'm afraid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s a way though. 

That is precisely the issue.   We aren't in a democracy, it's a dictatorship.

I only see one way this ending for SWFC as a football club if we as fans learn how to protest well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Pick your dummy back up.

People aren't 'shooting it down in flames' because we're not up for a protest against Chansiri; we just think this is a sh*t way of doing it.

Come up with a good idea and I'll back it.

Agreed. Can't see Chansiri caving under the immense pressure of fans voting for Jack Marriott in the end of season poll.

In fact, he would probably misunderstand and immediately sign him up on a 3-year double your money deal as a "gift to the fans".

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

That is precisely the issue.   We aren't in a democracy, it's a dictatorship.

I only see one way this ending for SWFC as a football club if we as fans learn how to protest well.

Absolutely. Any suggestion is immediately shot down. Even if it’s effective or not.

Do people realise that Chansiri has 100% stake? Any protest won’t bother him one bit. It’s just a gesture to have our voices heard. 

4 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Agreed. Can't see Chansiri caving under the immense pressure of fans voting for Jack Marriott in the end of season poll.

In fact, he would probably misunderstand and immediately sign him up on a 3-year double your money deal as a "gift to the fans".

Chansiri won’t sell if there were thousands of fans turning up outside the ground in protest. He wouldn’t budge. 

20 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The club? we're on about the team here so stop conflating. Do you think taking the mick and say Marriott gets voted player of the year that it's going to help us come Saturday? Great support that isn't it? Give your head a wobble we need this team to win for us. 

Imagine professional footballers, languishing 2nd bottom in the league, being upset at the fans protest vote against their abject performances this season.

"we lost because the fans didn't vote seriously in the player of the season competition" 

fück sake. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely. Any suggestion is immediately shot down. Even if it’s effective or not.

Do people realise that Chansiri has 100% stake? Any protest won’t bother him one bit. It’s just a gesture to have our voices heard. 

It's not any suggestion that's shot down; just the bad ones.

Dont take it personal - you've had a stab at it, and thus far the reaction's been decidedly mixed. Who knows - it might pick up. But if not, then it just wasn't a very good idea. No harm done; it happens.

Somebody will hit upon something that the fanbase can get behind before too long, I'm sure.

The key is for it to attract as much attention as possible in order to exert what little pressure we can on Chansiri and his public image.

The Man Utd fans had the right idea yesterday, but unfortunately spoiled it by attacking the police.

After what happened at Rotherham earlier this season, if anyone's got a drone with a 'Chansiri out' banner they could use to delay Saturday's game, I'm sure that would make a few headlines.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

Imagine professional footballers, languishing 2nd bottom in the league, being upset at the fans protest vote against their abject performances this season.

"we lost because the fans didn't vote seriously in the player of the season competition" 

fück sake. 

you think the players are not influenced by how fans act?