Player of the season - protest vote

I've never voted for this ever, I feel even less inclined this season!

I'm pretty sure Bannan is having the best out of everyone,  and I don't always think he is the team player he is made out to be.

It's been a rubbish season, but with players not being payed in full on time quite regularly, what do you expect?

A spoiler vote might work if we can all go as one, but I think it's a case of the fans don't care right now.   Not going to a game for over a year doesn't help.

A bit harsh to say nobody deserves it. Bannan and Windass have been decent and have shown the requisite commitment during the season. Rhodes might have done if somebody had seen fit to give him a proper run of games alongside Windass. Feel sure we’d have had a double figures striker then, possibly both of them. Rest of em, not really worthy. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Just what we want the day before the biggest game of the season, the fans have done a 'protest' vote and some unlucky member of the squad has been ironically voted player of the year. Absolutely idiotic suggestion by @SallyCinnamon

Oh give over.

None of them deserve it.

We want to show some opposition to the way we’re being ran? Here is a good opportunity.

But as per it gets shot down. And then everyone will keep complaining about how DC is running the club without doing anything.

And then they’ll ask why when the real crap hits the fan. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Oh give over.

None of them deserve it.

We want to show some opposition to the way we’re being ran? Here is a good opportunity.

But as per it gets shot down. And then everyone will keep complaining about how DC is running the club without doing anything.

So I assume you want us to lose on Saturday so you can have a right good moan about the club

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

So if you want us to win why do you want to send the ultimate F U to the team the day before the game?

Really? The ultimate F U? The club have done nothing but stick their two fingers up to the fanbase for a good few years now. I’m sure they’ll cope.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Bannan by a distance, not his best season but carried team on occasions. 

Voting for Marriott or anyone else in protest is just childish, as if that would upset Chansiri. :duntmatter:

And this is why we will die a slow painful death as a club.

Anyone who suggests anything no matter how small to show opposition against the current regime - is INSTANTLY shot down in flames.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Oh give over.

None of them deserve it.

This wouldn't affect Chansiri in any way, shape, or form, though.

I doubt he'd even notice a 'protest' vote in our player of the season poll.

The only people it would potentially impact are the players, who, like it or not, represent our only remaining chance of avoiding League One. And one or two haven't allowed their heads to drop and have maintained their effort levels, despite all the crap that's been swirling around them.

If you want to organise a proper protest, I'm in. This isn't it, though.

Windass or Bannan for me.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Really? The ultimate F U? The club have done nothing but stick their two fingers up to the fanbase for a good few years now. I’m sure they’ll cope.

The club? we're on about the team here so stop conflating. Do you think taking the mick and say Marriott gets voted player of the year that it's going to help us come Saturday? Great support that isn't it? Give your head a wobble we need this team to win for us. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1