Here is how to commit football suicide

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The players will get paid full in the end.

The players are guaranteed what they are owed it in fact more than the HMRC is.

Thats not to say what has happened is good for the club and of course will make recruitment an uphill task in the summer to put it mildly.

Of course we don't know exactly what went on within the club but wonder if the players were told in advance wages wouldn't be paid.

If Chansiri was struggling to pay the players would have been much better to level with them or maybe asked for them to defer some of the wages until later. This would not have been ideal but would have got the players more onside and making the best of a bad situation.

Aye, that's the argument we should go with when trying to sign perspective players. "Well, you'll get paid eventually"

Just like fans will get their refunds eventually 

Sounds like a great pull for our respect and integrity in the game.

If you accept they will get paid eventually, you are de facto completely ok with this club's name being dragged through the mud.

I wonder if the owner of Hillsborough will be content getting the £3m per year owed to him for Wednesday's continued tenancy late because he'll get it eventually...

• Like 3

Just now, wilyfox said:

I’m not defending Chansiri. I won’t defend the players either. Defending a lack of effort would also see our demise.

Some on here are trying to justify one wrong to attack another. Let’s all defend apathy on the pitch to attack Chansiri for yet another of his fućkups. Classic case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Apathy on the pitch.

Apathy in the fanbase.

Whys that?

You’re answering your own question.

He’s destroying us.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Nahhhh mate

You come back to me and tell me you give 100% in your job when you've not been paid / paid on time AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

I'm sick to the back teeth of our fans seeing all these issues that the chairman has unleashed on our players, our managers, our club and our fans and trying to excuse them by pointing a finger of distraction

Once maybe yes

Repeatedly -nahhhh mate

No chance

KEEP LASER FOCUSSED ON THE REAL PROBLEM here fffs

And imagine you not only haven’t been paid - but you’re just about to not have your contract renewed as well so there’s no incentive to pay you any time soon. 

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The players then risk getting sued, getting shown publically in a bad light for potential new clubs, and also and the main point - would be seen that THEY are the ones at fault here and not the big promise making, honorable chairman who hasn't paid his wages ahead of a run of games that could decide the future of the club

I agree with your point that Not paying players is NEVER good for any football club, especially with the timing of this last none payment.

But disagree with this, surely the Club (or Chansiri) wouldn't be able to sue the players for breach of contract for not doing their job when he has already breached the Contract by not paying them?

Also not playing (on principal) would put them in a better light to any potential New Clubs than the on field "performances" most have been displaying for most of the season.

The Main point would also be that they would be showing that the CHAIRMAN is the one at fault and not the players, it would be out there, in the open for all to see, if they just refused to Play,  (But made it known why) whereas by playing they left themselves open to critisicism that they just didn't care, they lacked bottle etc.

Let's be honest how many of us said Yesterday that the players were "gutless wasters"  who we couldn't wait to see out of the Club?

Suppose it was a no win situation for the players, Refuse to play and give the reasons for it and many would still have had a dig at them, play   (without pay and lack that extra 5% we might have seen that could have made the difference) and get slated for lack of Character, Bottle, Desire etc.

We all know the Blame lies firmly at Chansiri's feet and has been coming for 5 Years, but let's not pretend we haven't all had a go at the players and Manager (s)for their lack  of skill/fight/tactics/subs etc and they can't be completely absolved of any Blame. 

The truth is no matter who managers/coaches/plays until something is done at the top, we are always going to Struggle. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't congratulate the person who set the house on fire for the telly in the basement still working after it

PS are you seriously really saying that you personally consider Chansiri to be the one responsible for us stopping up if we do?

You know I’m not saying that Neil. It was a tongue in cheek response to the ridiculous claim that DC and DC alone is to blame for the predicament the club is in. DC has made a mess of things, that’s fairly universally accepted. However, to absolve the players and staff of some blame is ridiculous. We could see they weren’t really trying yesterday and if you would be happy for them not to put in maximum effort next Saturday, then that’s up to you.

Personally, I’d just appreciate it if they made a major effort to keep the club Ive supported since 1966 in the Championship if that’s ok with you, prior to swanning off to their next big contract at some other club. They need a sodding rocket up their 4rses, not a ready made excuse for capitulation against Derby ffs. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

As I've said, they were better players. 

Again, we are rubbish, rubbish team, rubbish players etc. The ability isn't there.

They haven't thrown the club under the bus, they are just rubbish.

Rubbish that should have been paid on time, recruited on silly money by a rubbish chairman.

I don’t agree with that at all. We have many promotion winners to the premier league, and others that have also made the top 6 in recent years. Suddenly they don’t have the ability to even stay up..? I don’t buy that at all. 

2 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

If this is true, then DC deserves plenty of flak. 
However, on the previous occasions when this happened, how long have the players been kept waiting for their money? Have they all been paid what they’re owed within a couple of weeks.? Genuine question. 

So whilst DC absolutely deserves plenty of flak for the way he has been running the club for the last couple of years at least, I’m sorry Neil but I can’t just absolve the players and staff of any blame at all. These are all very well off people and most of them will be able to absorb this sort of issue without too much pain. They are by no means in the same boat as the Bury players and staff were in a couple of years ago, when they went unpaid for several months (actually not paid at all) and still won promotion. 

These players of ours know they will be getting their not inconsiderable sums of money fairly shortly and there was no phoooking excuse whatsoever for that shambolic display yesterday, from players or staff. Sorry. 

This! 

• Love 1

Least the players have got their excuse for getting relegated sorted next week 

Sorry if I don't shed a tear for a millionaire t055er Adam Reach not stealing another 80 grand this month 

Edited by Sticky Micky
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep (thanks for the link)

"The reports come at the worst possible time for the Owls, who if reports are correct will have played out their lacklustre goalless draw with Nottingham Forest on Saturday knowing they had not been paid on time."

Whatever way you look at it, not paying the players ahead of these games is NOT in the interests of our football club

Of course not mate,we all need to remain objective here.

17 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The players will get paid full in the end.

The players are guaranteed what they are owed it in fact more than the HMRC is.

Thats not to say what has happened is good for the club and of course will make recruitment an uphill task in the summer to put it mildly.

Of course we don't know exactly what went on within the club but wonder if the players were told in advance wages wouldn't be paid.

If Chansiri was struggling to pay the players would have been much better to level with them or maybe asked for them to defer some of the wages until later. This would not have been ideal but would have got the players more onside and making the best of a bad situation.

So as long as you are told at work that you aren't getting paid, but you will eventually, you would be happy with that and keep giving 100%?

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Apathy on the pitch.

Apathy in the fanbase.

Whys that?

You’re answering your own question.

He’s destroying us.

..and he should go. In the meantime, this club needs protecting. Not much safeguarding on the pitch this season - more self-serving. 

My eldest grandson hasn’t really been bothered about football much, and when you asked him who he supported he even said “United” (he’s only five). I’ve kept on at him jokingly to say he’s wrong.

And today he’s rung me up all excited to say he’s now definitely a Wednesday fan after his mum and dad bought him something from the Owls store in Meadowhall. And now he wants to go to a match with his dad and grandad.

I’d always thought how good it would be to take him to his first match. But with how things are under Chansiri, this is now something I’m dreading.

Chansiri, if you’re reading this, which I doubt, I’d just like to say thanks for making me feel this way. I’m not going to hurl expletives at you, but by god you need to cut your losses and get out of this club. Please.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Least the players have got their excuse for getting relegated sorted next week 

Sorry if I don't shed a tear for a millionaire t055er Adam Reach not stealing another 80 grand this month 

Who agreed to pay him that much?

i am not bothered how much money a player has, he hasn't been paid, he is leaving, tell what incentive he has to go out and give the 100% we need to stop up

• Love 1