Here is how to commit football suicide

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

And thats the problem No one knows if he already hasn't had a word with the players 

Why’s it a problem? We don’t need to know the details. I would imagine it didn’t happen whereby players checked their bank accounts on pay day only to find their new Range Rover for the month wasn’t there.

He’ll have probably communicated it to them directly like any other business would. The club wouldn’t release it to the press either 

Just now, parajack said:

I dont think many(any?) support the current Chairman mate,just some of us have differing views about delayed player wages,in a Covid 19 crisis..and ditto overall player/coach responsibility..

in the meantime the chairman isn't paying the players on time AGAIN and we're getting relegated as a result

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What other L1 and L2 clubs aren’t paying players properly?

Only one I can think of is Derby.

How are they getting on this season? 

I think again its a sign to me of Chansiri not planning ahead.
Other clubs could see problems ahead and asked players to defer wages or take a wage cut.

Others further down the leagues furloughed players as did some other sports organisations.

We don't seem to have done this.
Yes its not good situation to be in but stops bigger problems later on.

Just now, Sticky Micky said:

That's it ignore the rest of the post I've wrote 

You'd be the first to have a pop at the owner if he decided to stop funding the running of the club 

I bet you think he ain't players on purpose 

I wanted him to run the club in a sustainable and sensible manner mate.

Hes not paying his staff.

Only two clubs in the Championship have this problem. And they’re both fighting to stay in the league. 

I’m not going to feel sorry for a multi millionaire who is the son of a multi multi millionaire.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

We're getting RELEGATED mate

We've sold our stadium

The chairman told us it was the EFL stopping him spending SPENDAGEDDON on the club but we've not had any serious spending for years now

Every time you excuse each one of these things it's excusing the absolute cataclysmic horrific downfall of our club

A result against Cardiff you're trying to claim here as some kind of victory against the people pointing out the horror story that's going on is just bizarre

I’ve shaken my head and walked away from your contrived, deliberately ignoring the point responses Neil. You’re gonna look silly if these players finally put their blood and guts on the line (as they should) this weekend and keep us up. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Other clubs could see problems ahead and asked players to defer wages or take a wage cut.

Others further down the leagues furloughed players as did some other sports organisations.

It stops bigger problems later on?

Believe me this isn’t the worst of what’s to come. 

Hope you’re strapped in.

• Like 2

Just now, Devonstrix said:

I’ve shaken my head and walked away from your contrived, deliberately ignoring the point responses Neil. You’re gonna look silly if these players finally put their blood and guts on the line (as they should) this weekend and keep us up. 

Your continued endorsement of our own players not getting paid ahead of crucial relegation decider games is just totally bizarre to me

I can't reconcile it with being a fan of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

It's more akin to the press release of Chansiri PR companies

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Nahhhh mate

You come back to me and tell me you give 100% in your job when you've not been paid / paid on time AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

I'm sick to the back teeth of our fans seeing all these issues that the chairman has unleashed on our players, our managers, our club and our fans and trying to excuse them by pointing a finger of distraction

Once maybe yes

Repeatedly -nahhhh mate

No chance

KEEP LASER FOCUSSED ON THE REAL PROBLEM here fffs

Spot on as the earlier poster states. An organisation rots from the head down (John West in the case of fish) or an Owl if you apply it to the our plight and passion for our club.

The only excuse he can make is given the reduced cash flow position at the club he’s covering costs for the club via funding from Thailand/ overseas. This is subject to money laundering regulations and therefore not straight forward. The only reason I don’t buy that is he should be prepared as he’s had enough practice in not playing staff (players and who knows who else) all season!

I’m totally lost and despondent. When you have your 11 year old football mad fan asking why he had to be born into a long family tradition of supporting The Owls...he still wants a ticket for next season 😩

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not planning ahead...he never has, I don't think that it's possible that any business can show this level of lack of planning....there has to be more to this than that

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We're getting relegated

Keep arguing that it's fine that players dont' get paid because that won't be a reason for relegation whilst we are getting relegated if you want

It's a bit like standing on the deck of the Titanic saying 'yeah well a little bit of an iceberg every now and again is hardly a legitmate reason for the boat sinking!'

I’m not saying it isn’t a reason. I’m saying that issue shouldn’t be used to let the players off the hook for their share of the responsibility. I’ve made it clear in this thread the DC has ultimate responsibility for relegation, and the wider debacle at SWFC.

• Like 4

Guest Therealrealist

So why was our captain happy to sign a new contract? Keep asking but nobody is answering...

Just going to throw it out there that there were a number of posters who told you this chairman was no-good as soon as the prices for the first game against Bristol were released, as soon as the ramped up memberships were announced, as soon as he was buying players left right and centre and was selling no-one. They received dogs abuse and got told to get behind the chairman because he'd put money in. How did that work out? 

• Like 3

It seems to me that DC has an income stream rather than a large pot of money.

He bought us in instalments.

He doesn’t have a buffer to deal with cash flow problems.

He has said the loan against the ground is one he was unaware of. That is quite frankly not true. All debts were disclosed when he bought the club. If any came to light afterwards Milan would be liable for them.

I think we are in a very dangerous place and I worry whether our club has any future at all. We are a loss making business with no ground and a chairman that is not interested, has no cash and seems to me to be dishonest.

Dark times my friends.

• Like 7

Just now, Therealrealist said:

So why was our captain happy to sign a new contract? Keep asking but nobody is answering...

Chansiri forced him duh 

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Not planning ahead...he never has, I don't think that it's possible that any business can show this level of lack of planning....there has to be more to this than that

there's probably a lot of variables in these events.

However, the simple fact is that the club are not paying the players on time, which isn't a good sign, and could affect the players performance.

At a time we are fighting for our championship lives, it does seem a flawed management plan.

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

I think the only reasonable explanation is that we offered him over odds to sign and gave him guarantees that the cash flow problems were behind us.

• Like 1