Here is how to commit football suicide

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If its true that the March wages weren't paid either, I'd guess administration is very close. 

But is it true? Andy has made that statement a couple of times and a couple of times I’ve asked if it’s a fact. Strangely, nobody ever replies. Bloody good result against Cardiff if they hadn’t been paid since March. 

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

He might be able to see the link between poor performances and wages not being paid on time.
But like a single Mother on benefits who doesn't have £10 to pay the Gas Bill they is not a lot he can do about it because he doesn't have the money.

I understand your point, but we simply don't know if he has the money or not. If he hasn't then we're up shitecreek.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Derby 

Not every club pays the wages we offered 

Covid has knocked a lot of businesses all over the world  , my business and major companies 

I had to make good workers redundant 

League one and two clubs exactly the same 

Maybe if players at this club looked in the real world and saw the effect the business world has took they'd understand 

Remember dc is the one funding the club for the last year with no income 

What's the players contributed in the last 12 months financially 

Like I said I won't shed a tear for a single player whose not got thousands a week on time and a few days later 

What other L1 and L2 clubs aren’t paying players properly?

Only one I can think of is Derby.

How are they getting on this season? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's true though

You can't possibly claim to want the clubs best interests and then excuse the chairman's actions

I haven’t excused his actions, but don’t let the truth get in the way of your rhetoric Neil. 
*Shakes head. Walks away………

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

If he hasn't think Chansiri should have been honest with the players about the wages.

Asked them for a deferral or even to take a wage cut. 

Think more damage in these situations happens by not letting people know where they stand.

And thats the problem No one knows if he already hasn't had a word with the players 

36 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This isn’t true though.

We were third in the League when the first leak on players wages not being paid came out.

Since then we’ve gone from third to relegation in just over a year.

My apologies. I thought the delays in payments came after the pandemic.

In any event, they have been paid, but are just getting paid late. Very poor, I agree, but if I take Adam Reach as an example (there are others) - if he’s on about £12k a week (likely more) that’s £624k a year. Let’s say he’s two months short (likely less) then he’s been paid over half a million quid in the last year. Hardly a legitimate reason for relegation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

But is it true? Andy has made that statement a couple of times and a couple of times I’ve asked if it’s a fact. Strangely, nobody ever replies. Bloody good result against Cardiff if they hadn’t been paid since March. 

We're getting RELEGATED mate

We've sold our stadium

The chairman told us it was the EFL stopping him spending SPENDAGEDDON on the club but we've not had any serious spending for years now

Every time you excuse each one of these things it's excusing the absolute cataclysmic horrific downfall of our club

A result against Cardiff you're trying to claim here as some kind of victory against the people pointing out the horror story that's going on is just bizarre

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What other L1 and L2 clubs aren’t paying players properly?

Only one I can think of is Derby.

How are they getting on this season? 

Read again before having a pop 

League one and two clubs are  making staff redundant 

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As fans there's nothing we can do

We have to sit and watch this horror story unfold

But one thing is for sure - those fans sitting writing excuses for him time after time after time after time after time after issue after issue after issue after issue after issue certainly aren't acting in the interests of the football club, but are acting in the best interests of Deiphon Chansiri

I agree.

Sadly, DC selling puts us in a lottery of foreign ownership again.

Might be better. Might be worse.

He may even decide to just sit it out.

It is a dog’s dinner.

Football at large has it’s issues. We have own set of problems.

I don’t see it improving.

Just now, 4evaowl said:

In any event, they have been paid, but are just getting paid late. Very poor, I agree, but if I take Adam Reach as an example (there are others) - if he’s on about £12k a week (likely more) that’s £624k a year. Let’s say he’s two months short (likely less) then he’s been paid over half a million quid in the last year. Hardly a legitimate reason for relegation.

We're getting relegated

Keep arguing that it's fine that players dont' get paid because that won't be a reason for relegation whilst we are getting relegated if you want

It's a bit like standing on the deck of the Titanic saying 'yeah well a little bit of an iceberg every now and again is hardly a legitmate reason for the boat sinking!'

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Animis said:

I don't think the players are holding the club to ransom. It may have affected their output in that their application may have diminished. But I would expect that from everyone on the this thread in the same circumstances.

Not giving their all amounts to withholding effort until paid. The Chansiri-fixators will let that slide. Ignore the mercenaries and focus solely on their financier. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

So only Derby not paying players on time in the Championship.

Got it. 

That's it ignore the rest of the post I've wrote 

You'd be the first to have a pop at the owner if he decided to stop funding the running of the club 

I bet you think he ain't players on purpose 

3 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Yeah but it’s irrelevant. You’re bending over backwards and tying yourself in knots to justify the fact our chairman isn’t paying his staff on time as stated in their contracts. 

We are getting relegated.

This is just one of a string of awful things that have happened under DC’s watch.

When will the penny drop? I’m starting to think it never will. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Every time you do that you excuse Chansiri not paying the players
That's not in the interests of my football club so I'm not engaging with you on it

I support Sheffield Wednesday not whoever the current chairman might be

I dont think many(any?) support the current Chairman mate,just some of us have differing views about delayed player wages,in a Covid 19 crisis..and ditto overall player/coach responsibility..

Chansiri has a good heart, he's doing this for all the right intentions.

Same with the ticket refund delays.  He's delaying them because he cares so much.

Not playing staff is actually a morale booster.

• Haha 6