Here is how to commit football suicide

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So why was our captain happy to sign a new contract? Keep asking but nobody is answering...

BB has an unusual personal relationship with DC. Unusual in the sense he speaks to him directly about managers, coaches, etc...

He is well paid, seeing out his career and enjoying his horses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

So why was our captain happy to sign a new contract? Keep asking but nobody is answering...

You won’t get an answer because it doesn’t fit the rhetoric. 
same as I didn’t get an answer to my question about whether it’s true that they hadn’t been paid since March. Or my question to Sally about Joao. Or my question about whether it’s ok for the players not to put a shift in against Derby. Deathly silence I’m afraid. 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah but it’s irrelevant. You’re bending over backwards and tying yourself in knots to justify the fact our chairman isn’t paying his staff on time as stated in their contracts. 

We are getting relegated.

This is just one of a string of awful things that have happened under DC’s watch.

When will the penny drop? I’m starting to think it never will. 

We will have to agree to disagree I’m afraid.

I’ve been clear in the thread that DC is responsible for the whole debacle at SWFC but I think you’re bending over backwards to not place any slight responsibility at the door of vastly remunerated players!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 4evaowl said:

We will have to agree to disagree I’m afraid.

I’ve been clear in the thread that DC is responsible for the whole debacle at SWFC but I think you’re bending over backwards to not place any slight responsibility at the door of vastly remunerated players!

The players are crap mate.

Crap players who are unmotivated because they’re not getting paid on time.

Perfect storm. 

• Like 2

Just now, Devonstrix said:

You won’t get an answer because it doesn’t fit the rhetoric. 
same as I didn’t get an answer to my question about whether it’s true that they hadn’t been paid since March. Or my question to Sally about Joao. Or my question about whether it’s ok for the players not to put a shift in against Derby. Deathly silence I’m afraid. 

If you google "Sheffield Wednesday March Wages" it is literally the first search result...

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Animis said:

there's probably a lot of variables in these events.

However, the simple fact is that the club are not paying the players on time, which isn't a good sign, and could affect the players performance.

At a time we are fighting for our championship lives, it does seem a flawed management plan.

Flawed plan..... you have to have one for it to become flawed, we never had one.

He knew we were going over P&S by10 figures and did nothing for 2 years, how many players, coaches, managers, players... where has the direction been?

DC can afford to be in charge of a premier league club , given the additional income it brings.

He may well be able to fund a league 1 club as well, given the reduced playing staff costs at that level and our crowds which will likely hold up ok.

it’s clear he can’t afford a championship club. Survival financially with this owner, it seems, has relied on going out of the division either side . Inevitably for us it means we exit via relegation not promotion.

Just think about Andre green. Not had a club since July, gets himself a deal with us . The guy has had ONE pay check since he arrived. He has been paid once since 30 June 2020.  He has been paid much less than a lot of people on this site in that time . 

• Like 2

Just now, Manwë said:

4 times failing to pay wages.

3 transfer embargoes.

6 points deducted.

He's a good lad.

Sold the stadium and still got a points deduction anyway.

Lets our best young players leave for nowt.

Let’s the entire first team wind down their contracts and leave for free.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Just think about Andre green. Not had a club since July, gets himself a deal with us . The guy has had ONE pay check since he arrived. He has been paid once since 30 June 2020.  He has been paid much less than a lot of people on this site in that time . 

True

And truly shocking stuff when we're expecting him to put in a shift to keep us up

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The question shouldn't be 'why as Barry Bannan signed then' 

it should be 'Why is Barry Bannan the ONLY player that's signed a new contract'

Maybe cus he’s the only one who hasn’t been offered a new deal on 70% less than his previous contract=like fletch fox and nuihu...but I’m still shocked he signed a new deal if he never gets paid...he must be mad

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Maybe cus he’s the only one who hasn’t been offered a new deal on 70% less than his previous contract=like fletch fox and nuihu...but I’m still shocked he signed a new deal if he never gets paid...he must be mad

Your bizarre attempt to claim some kind of victory on the Barry Bannan contract whilst your own club is being DECIMATED is bizarre beyond belief

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Therealrealist said:

... Maybe he does. Could easily see this also being inconsistent and some players, Ch*nsiri's faves, getting paid in full rather than the shortfall being fairly distributed.

Wouldn't put anything past him.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Manwë said:

4 times failing to pay wages.

3 transfer embargoes.

6 points deducted.

He's a good lad.

4 times failed to pay wages and 3 transfer embargoes and that's only the ones that have been reported

How many other times has it happened? 

What else is being swept under the rug at the club

• Like 2

The report wording is interesting, '...players are still owed their wages for April and that some are still awaiting payment from March.' 

So they play against NF not having been paid, yet some were presumably paid for March. This surely undermines the dressing room. Imagine your work colleague saying 'thank god I was paid last month' and you weren't. I can't see how this can have anything other than a destructive affect on the dressing room. Let's face it, it didn't need much.

• Like 1