Here is how to commit football suicide

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

That would be very unfair, not to say dishonest of you Grandad. However, if you’d already paid me millions in salary and might be suffering some cash flow problems, which meant my pay cheque was delayed, you could rely on my continued support, as I would be sure of getting paid, unlike many ordinary working people. 

These privileged footballers can’t be compared in any way to ordinary workers. It’s the supporters who are being short changed by ALL involved,  DC and the players. 

The owner not paying players wages IS a catalyst for poor performances. End of

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, 2roland2 said:

you think they are trying really?  Well every post you have said who would give full effort if not getting payed. They aren’t and it’s clear to see but by doing that they are hurting the fans. 
I think it’s horrific they aren’t getting payed. It’s nearly as bad as pricing out fans and selling our ground...........

as I have said I would have so much respect for the players if they did what was right and said we aren’t playing. Because all they are doing is that anyway whilst they stroll onto the pitch. 

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Two months mate. 

two months 

imagine if your gaffer didn’t pay you for two months. 

would you be happy. 

I’m self employed and run a small company. I regularly pay the lads instead of myself because not paying someone for work done is basically stealing. You have stolen their labour. 
Obviously it is a bit different if it’s a delay but you can’t mess people about like that. Not even footballers. It messes with their heads even if they are trying not to think about it. These people have mortgages, nagging wives, school fees etc. Sure they are ‘loaded’ but even if your a millionaire when your mortgage bounces and your Mrs can’t go shopping it’s a distraction if nothing else. 
I’m bored of this shít now. 
Sort it DC or F off (well, F off anyway but Sort It!).

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Fans can't take the emotion out of it.

The thought process is that the players are in a position of privilege and should be proud of pulling the shirt on as we would be.

The romanticise that players care nothing more about winning games for the club. So they can't get their heads around them earning all the money they do, and not playing for the love of the club or professional pride for not getting relegated.

The stark reality is that it's a job, the players have worries, concerns and anxieties just like everyone else in this world. Being destabilised in anyway, effects these things.  We're all people at the end of the day, just because someone earns a poo load, doesn't change that fact

• Like 4
  • Love 3

It's a shocking state of affairs, and quite depressing - probably a case study in years to come.

Nevertheless at least for this weekend's game, we face an equally shambolic club who have been doing the same all season if reports are correct. 

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

That would be very unfair, not to say dishonest of you Grandad. However, if you’d already paid me millions in salary and might be suffering some cash flow problems, which meant my pay cheque was delayed, you could rely on my continued support, as I would be sure of getting paid, unlike many ordinary working people.  

The amount of money someone gets paid in wages does not ever excuse not being paid - ever

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m self employed and run a small company. I regularly pay the lads instead of myself because not paying someone for work done is basically stealing. You have stolen their labour. 
Obviously it is a bit different if it’s a delay but you can’t mess people about like that. Not even footballers. It messes with their heads even if they are trying not to think about it. These people have mortgages, nagging wives, school fees etc. Sure they are ‘loaded’ but even if your a millionaire when your mortgage bounces and your Mrs can’t go shopping it’s a distraction if nothing else. 
I’m bored of this shít now. 
Sort it DC or F off (well, F off anyway but Sort It!).

Nailed it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, parajack said:

They are getting something mate,anyone earning 7 grand a Month has been paid in full,others who earn more than that have recieved a part payment of at least that..https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-players-dealing-delayed-wages-situation-3118226   

Please stop trying to justify the owner not paying the players on time.

I have a big group chat with mates who support different clubs across the country. All have commentated on the article saying it’s disgraceful from the Wednesday chairman and explains why we’re struggling.

Yet you have ACTUAL Wednesday fans on here, who know exactly the ins and outs of what’s happening to the club defending the chairman on this. Finding excuses and distracting away from the real problem at hand.

Its utterly utterly mind blowing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The amount of money someone gets paid in wages does not ever excuse not being paid - ever

Exactly. Rule one in business (even the sports business). Pay the lads. Or face the consequences.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

you think they are trying really?  Well every post you have said who would give full effort if not getting payed. They aren’t and it’s clear to see but by doing that they are hurting the fans. 
I think it’s horrific they aren’t getting payed. It’s nearly as bad as pricing out fans and selling our ground...........

as I have said I would have so much respect for the players if they did what was right and said we aren’t playing. Because all they are doing is that anyway whilst they stroll onto the pitch. 

Football is a job.

It’s a job for players.

And they’re not being paid on time or properly for that job.

This impacts on performances.

Easy to understand mate.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Careful mate, you'll scare off the sponsors.

You'd never get this sort of negativity towards the owner at a successful club like, say Man Utd

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Please stop trying to justify the owner not paying the players on time.

I have a big group chat with mates who support different clubs across the country. All have commentated on the article saying it’s disgraceful from the Wednesday chairman and explains why we’re struggling.

Yet you have ACTUAL Wednesday fans on here, who know exactly the ins and outs of what’s happening to the club defending the chairman on this. Finding excuses and distracting away from the real problem at hand.

Its utterly utterly mind blowing. 

I just dont see it your way my friend,thats all,i have critiqed him for just about everything else in his time as Chairman...if he has cash flow issues,due to no covid income,it is what it is...

If he is choosing not to pay,that would be a separate issue.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Football is a job.

It’s a job for players.

Easy to understand mate.

and Wigan..?

Just when you think Chancer can't sink any lower he manages it.

Not paying the players for such a crucial end of season is nothing short of a disgrace.

Not fit and proper to run a club, and needs banning from football for life.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Football is a job.

It’s a job for players.

Easy to understand mate.

I've also said this.

Fans really need to separate the emotion and realise that these players don't dearly care for this club as fans do.

Sure, personal and professional pride should kick in, but not when you've had you're wages, not paid in full, on time all season.

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mate that was JANUARY's article

Yes i know....i merely offer it as the thinking behind delayed/non payment.Do you have more info that no moneys at all have been paid?

So the report is alleging that March’s wages were also late and some people say that is the reason for poor performances. Yep on Monday 5 April (a bank holiday weekend) we hammered Cardiff 5 - 0. They sure got over that quickly. 

It’s not right being paid late, but the players need to shoulder some blame for the poor performances, Was it late wages that caused Bannan to take a back pass instead of a penalty, was it late wages responsible for Borners last 2 displays?  Was it late wages responsible for the waste of a shirt that is Izzy Brown?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

I've also said this.

Fans really need to separate the emotion and realise that these players don't dearly care for this club as fans do.

Sure, personal and professional pride should kick in, but not when you've had you're wages, not paid in full, on time all season.

The crucial thing is. This isn’t the first time.

It’s been happening for well over a year now.

I bet the players are sick of it.