Here is how to commit football suicide

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

That would be very unfair, not to say dishonest of you Grandad. However, if you’d already paid me millions in salary and might be suffering some cash flow problems, which meant my pay cheque was delayed, you could rely on my continued support, as I would be sure of getting paid, unlike many ordinary working people. 

These privileged footballers can’t be compared in any way to ordinary workers. It’s the supporters who are being short changed by ALL involved,  DC and the players. 

And there the pretence of not defending this atrocious management of our club ends

Fans rant about Chansiri but rarely is the question asked regarding his financial status. He used to claim he wanted to sneak too much money into the club (hence the 6/12 point deduction) but now he can’t even cover a reduced wage bill? What is going on with him?

Edited by Lincowl
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Aye, that's the argument we should go with when trying to sign perspective players. "Well, you'll get paid eventually"

Just like fans will get their refunds eventually 

Sounds like a great pull for our respect and integrity in the game.

If you accept they will get paid eventually, you are de facto completely ok with this club's name being dragged through the mud.

I wonder if the owner of Hillsborough will be content getting the £3m per year owed to him for Wednesday's continued tenancy late because he'll get it eventually...

I didn't say we should be signing players and tell them they will be paid eventually.

I said the current players are guaranteed all money that is owed to them so I am not overly worried the effect it is having on them but do agree the current situation is not good for the medium and long term interest of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I said the current players are guaranteed all money that is owed to them so I am not overly worried the effect it is having on them  

I am because we will probably get relegated as a direct result of it when every other result has gone our way in the last few weeks

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, the third man said:

So as long as you are told at work that you aren't getting paid, but you will eventually, you would be happy with that and keep giving 100%?

I have been in that situation at a job in 2009 and yes I still gave me best. Turned up on time and did a good days work.

I did that because I knew if redundancies were made giving my best would count in my favour and if I got made redundant I would get a better reference.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Nahhhh mate

You come back to me and tell me you give 100% in your job when you've not been paid / paid on time AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

I'm sick to the back teeth of our fans seeing all these issues that the chairman has unleashed on our players, our managers, our club and our fans and trying to excuse them by pointing a finger of distraction

Once maybe yes

Repeatedly -nahhhh mate

No chance

KEEP LASER FOCUSSED ON THE REAL PROBLEM here fffs

You are right.

Everything starts with the foundations. DC has failed to lay solid foundations.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I didn't say we should be signing players and tell them they will be paid eventually.

I said the current players are guaranteed all money that is owed to them so I am not overly worried the effect it is having on them but do agree the current situation is not good for the medium and long term interest of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

At this moment it is the short time effect that is the problem, that is the effect on next Saturday,, the medium and long term problems will get worst after we are relegated

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, the third man said:

So as long as you are told at work that you aren't getting paid, but you will eventually, you would be happy with that and keep giving 100%?

Yes

Already been explained its cash flow problems 

Its happening all over the world but dc is the bad bad man 

The players have received every penny 

These players should be happy they are getting paid

Any other walk of life they'd be sacked and sat at home on the dole getting fat 

I have no sympathy for them at all 

The don't deserve a penny 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Or indeed the short term

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I am because we will probably get relegated as a direct result of it when every other result has gone our way in the last few weeks

So what do we do about it?

3 hours ago, ANDY said:

Two months mate. 

two months 

imagine if your gaffer didn’t pay you for two months. 

would you be happy. 

Andy - genuine question as you seem to be ITK. Is it a fact that the players haven’t been paid since their March pay cheque? 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I have been in that situation at a job in 2009 and yes I still gave me best. Turned up on time and did a good days work.

I did that because I knew if redundancies were made giving my best would count in my favour and if I got made redundant I would get a better reference.

Most of them are leaving, they aren't getting made redundant, so they have to try to keep their jobs, so not the same situation at all

1 minute ago, heppers said:

So what do we do about it?

As fans there's nothing we can do

We have to sit and watch this horror story unfold

But one thing is for sure - those fans sitting writing excuses for him time after time after time after time after time after issue after issue after issue after issue after issue certainly aren't acting in the interests of the football club, but are acting in the best interests of Deiphon Chansiri

• Love 4

Owlstalk Shop