Failure to pay wages in April

2 hours ago, T Hardy said:

So? What does that change about the rest of the stuff I said?

If it needs explaining to you........they are still under contract and are expected to play to the best of their ability whilst this is the case.They are being paid to do so(albeit late in some cases) I have explained clearly why i feel the players should behave in an honourable way,and give something back to the Club,and the fans,and take up their issues with the Chairman,away from the football field.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, parajack said:

If it needs explaining to you........they are still under contract and are expected to play to the best of their ability whilst this is the case.They are being paid to do so(albeit late in some cases) I have explained clearly why i feel the players should behave in an honourable way,and give something back to the Club,and the fans,and take up their issues with the Chairman,away from the football field.

I get that, more so if it was a one off but when it continuously happens then I can understand the players reactions  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, parajack said:

You're doing that thing again where you type out what you WANT to be the ideal world but at the same time ignoring the real world, psychologym, and what is actually really happening

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Big Malc said:

Some of the day to day staff definitely are not getting paid on time.  Some have had nothing and been told they will get paid double the next month.  These are not millionaire footballers on thousands a week.

That doesn't tally with what I've been told, not saying you're wrong by the way, do you mean football related staff or non-football ie shop/office?

1 hour ago, parajack said:

This is the fourth time.

"Under contract" ; it's on both parties to honour the contract and the reality is one side is consistently failing to comply with their side of it.  The players are under contract, so are Sheffield Wednesday, and it's Wednesday that have breached it.

The fourth time.  How many places have you worked where your billionaire boss keeps missing your pay.

Anyway, going in circles.

• Love 3

23 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

That doesn't tally with what I've been told, not saying you're wrong by the way, do you mean football related staff or non-football ie shop/office?

Football related

1 hour ago, parajack said:

But why the double standards.

The players have to act honourably whilst the club owner doesn't and isn't.

Why are they been held to a higher standard? 

• Like 1

Taking potential idealism out of it and assuming all the players are selfish (the other end of the spectrum but the only one that some will accept). They shouldn’t really want to lose any game or play badly for their own reasons. It’s their performances that determine how good their next contract is and how long their careers last at this level. Being associated with a relegation, not least one live on TV, is quite a big negative moment in a career. So for themselves they can surely set it aside even if unhappy.

Anyone who’s job relies them to make an impact and change something in a public forum, if they fail to do that then rightly or wrongly it affects their rep so it’s better to either refuse to do it at the outset than give a half hearted effort with excuses. For example a lawyer might be fuming about some late fees owed by a client but if they didn’t prepare correctly for a hearing and got torn a new one that’s just as, if not more damaging.

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Some of the day to day staff definitely are not getting paid on time.  Some have had nothing and been told they will get paid double the next month. 

"OK

I'm sorry but I cannot pay you for this month. But after next month, I will pay you for 2 months. I promise..."

🤔

I see a flaw in this plan

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Taking potential idealism out of it and assuming all the players are selfish (the other end of the spectrum but the only one that some will accept). They shouldn’t really want to lose any game or play badly for their own reasons. It’s their performances that determine how good their next contract is and how long their careers last at this level. Being associated with a relegation, not least one live on TV, is quite a big negative moment in a career. So for themselves they can surely set it aside even if unhappy.

Anyone who’s job relies them to make an impact and change something in a public forum, if they fail to do that then rightly or wrongly it affects their rep so it’s better to either refuse to do it at the outset than give a half hearted effort with excuses. For example a lawyer might be fuming about some late fees owed by a client but if they didn’t prepare correctly for a hearing and got torn a new one that’s just as, if not more damaging.

Agree with what you're saying but it seems a lot of our players are now that low on self confidence that they are incapable of putting in a good performance.

There might be an odd flash in the pan game like the Cardiff one, but devoid of confidence there is no consistence.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

All the players out of contract will get fixed up with the majority at a level above the Championship. Most will already be sorted and are just waiting for the season to finish, take a break and sign on the dotted line.

Reach, Rhodes, Urhoghide, Westwood, Lees - I’m certain will get deals at Championship level. Someone will probably take a low risk punt on Harris due to his pace. Shaw is already fixed up. 

Everyone inside football knows Wednesday is a basket case. They know the problems - it’s common in football circles. They’ll know how difficult it’s been for players to perform at their best level. So there reputation won’t be damaged, they’ll get another club and do well. Guaranteed. Can hold me to that.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All the players out of contract will get fixed up with the majority at a level above the Championship. Most will already be sorted and are just waiting for the season to finish, take a break and sign on the dotted line.

Reach, Rhodes, Urhoghide, Westwood, Lees - I’m certain will get deals at Championship level. Someone will probably take a low risk punt on Harris due to his pace. Shaw is already fixed up. 

Everyone inside football knows Wednesday is a basket case. They know the problems - it’s common in football circles. They’ll know how difficult it’s been for players to perform at their best level. So there reputation won’t be damaged, they’ll get another club and do well. Guaranteed. Can hold me to that.

Presume that bit's a typo Sal ?

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Everyone inside football knows Wednesday is a basket case. They know the problems - it’s common in football circles. They’ll know how difficult it’s been for players to perform at there best level. So there reputation won’t be damaged, they’ll get another club and do well. Guaranteed. Can hold me to that.

Absolutely. Many of our outgoing players will move to better clubs than us next season and probably do very well.

Meanwhile our incoming players will again be lambasted for 'not trying hard enough' as we struggle again due to the general mess the club is in. 

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think you will be right in terms of these players getting a Championship club, not so sure they will do that well. I expect any that manage to sign for a club with aspirations above mid-table will not be regulars in the side and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up at clubs who will be battling against relegation. 

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sure they will. But with a relegation on CV and a load of poor performances they will be in a weaker bargaining position in getting a deal than they would if they had more suiters. No one wants relegation on the cv as it sticks out for the rest of time.

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think you will be right in terms of these players getting a Championship club, not so sure they will do that well. I expect any that manage to sign for a club with aspirations above mid-table will not be regulars in the side and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up at clubs who will be battling against relegation. 

I would imagine most players would be happy just to sign for a club that will pay their wages on time each month

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I would imagine most players would be happy just to sign for a club that will pay their wages on time each month

Well yeah, there is that!

I think Neil summed it up well in another thread with his OP that it is committing footballing suicide to delay payments to players at this critical time. It's just one thing after another with us.