Failure to pay wages in April

38 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Exactly

Yeah, we have players worth millions who won’t even notice it, sure. But not all our players will be worth millions, and a lot of them will live within their means like most of us do, and that will include having a mortgage to pay for, wary of sounding like the world’s smallest violin here, but a lot of them will live like us and have similar commitments, just on a different scale, and it’s reasonable to think that the situation is going to mean they might not be 100% motivated to help us in their last match for us, and can you blame them? Past occurrences of questioning their commitment is irrelevant here 

Quote:  can you blame them?'  'YES and i do hold them responsible........they can take up their pay gripes away from the football field,through the PFA/EFL, or the Civil Courts....my view only

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Very true

Whichever way you look at our squad, our club, our finances, the chairman's performance and results, the pitch, the facilities etc it just screams that it's going to take something massive to happen to improve things, or that we're in for a long long long journey back now

I agree i said a fair few posts back in a discussion elsewhere i didnt think our demise was anywhere close to being ended......We could drop like a stone through Div 2.....if we do get relegated,and who is to say there wont be further pain from the EFL?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Quote:  can you blame them?'  'YES and i do hold them responsible........they can take up their pay gripes away from the football field,through the PFA/EFL, or the Civil Courts....my view only

Spot on.

Well paid, always paid even if a bit late, competitive, professional athletes.

If they have a problem then keep it off the pitch.

Put the shirt on and do your best for the fans that adore you just for wearing that shirt for them.

Don’t give it the big un when you’re tossingit off!

Do your best to win because many haven’t been doing so.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Spot on.

Put the shirt on and do your best for the fans that adore you just for wearing that shirt for them.

Thanks mate,we seem to be in a minority on this,ime going to leave the debate there,people are entitled to their views,as are we...but its something that is just polarising the  fan base....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, mcmigo said:

If not paying people on time, missing payroll constantly should have no impact on motivation, hard work, giving your all etc why does every business literally obsess about making payroll ?  

When this pandemic hit, I and the co owners of our business decided literally the first hour - no matter what happens, furlough no one , no pay cuts apart from ourselves , and make payroll.  

any business in any sector - rule one - make payroll. 

Football is pretty much unlike any other business.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Football is pretty much unlike any other business.

It isn’t.

It’s employees working for employers under contract.  Legally it is literally exactly the same as any other business.

why do you think other clubs obsess about making payroll if it makes no difference to player performance and engagement ? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Spot on.

The fans who adore them?!

They’ve all just taken part in a weekend long social media blackout because of online abuse from fans

lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

It isn’t.

It’s employees working for employers under contract.  Legally it is literally exactly the same as any other business.

why do you think other clubs obsess about making payroll if it makes no difference to player performance and engagement ? 

Have you ever seen a player’s contract?

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

If not paying people on time, missing payroll constantly should have no impact on motivation, hard work, giving your all etc why does every business literally obsess about making payroll ?  

When this pandemic hit, I and the co owners of our business decided literally the first hour - no matter what happens, furlough no one , no pay cuts apart from ourselves , and make payroll.  

any business in any sector - rule one - make payroll. 

Mate apples and oranges....making payroll is as much about integrity as common sense to keep your staff onside,course it is...but when you are talking about the sort of money we are,the impact is potentially far less,especially if an adequate explanation has been given.

People are recieving a min of 7 grand a month,if they earn over that,the rest follows....

Its a poor situation but given the multiple of millions required each month,CONTEXT  it is in a pandemic with no income,understandable

There are almost 130,000 death due to Covid 19,multiple other ongoing health issues,our Country in more debt than after the 2nd WW,and business of all kind on its knees.Covid still reeking havoc around the World...

Almost 3 million recorded unemployed,many more been furloughed on 80% only of there pay,and in debt..

So footballers who earn a great salary for a job they love,have to wait a bit to get there full money......is it really that much of a big deal by comparison?

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

The fans who adore them?!

They’ve all just taken part in a weekend long social media blackout because of online abuse from fans

lol

You know what I mean.

I never sang a song for the really nice lass who works in my local supermarket.

I’ve seen only one poster actually defend DC in all this. Most others are clear that he has made a total mess of things here and he really ought to sell up and leave. However, I’ve seen plenty of people defend the players for their pathetic performances for most of this season and that’s what I just can’t fathom.

The bloody lot of em should be made to go and spend some time with the lads who played for Bury in L2,    who despite not receiving their paltry wages (compared to most Wednesday players) for months on end, somehow conspired to pull together as one with players and staff and get the club promoted. 

In the end, their efforts went unrewarded financially and in terms of the football club which went out of business. However, the players and staff could hold their heads up high and are  rightly held in huge esteem with Bury supporters. 

if our lot don’t put in a 100% performance this weekend then they deserve all the flack they will get from most supporters and they certainly would if there were fans in the ground. To be quite honest, they’re not fit to lace the boots of any of those Bury players, or former players at other clubs too who have had similar problems with players going unpaid, where they haven’t rapped their hand in like ours. 

PS - DC please get out of our club. 

• Love 2

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

You know what I mean.

I never sang a song for the really nice lass who works in my local supermarket.

I like that analogy.

But I don’t think they particular care for the fanbase let’s be honest. The relationship between fans and the players has never been so weak. We don’t go to games to cheer them on and they get hammered and slagged off pretty much every week.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, parajack said:

Mate apples and oranges....making payroll is as much about integrity as common sense to keep your staff onside,course it is...but when you are talking about the sort of money we are,the impact is potentially far less,especially if an adequate explanation has been given.

People are recieving a min of 7 grand a month,if they earn over that,the rest follows....

Its a poor situation but given the multiple of millions required each month,CONTEXT  it is in a pandemic with no income,understandable

There are almost 130,000 death due to Covid 19,multiple other ongoing health issues,our Country in more debt than after the 2nd WW,and business of all kind on its knees.Covid still reeking havoc around the World...

Almost 3 million recorded unemployed,many more been furloughed on 80% only of there pay,and in debt..

So footballers who earn a great salary for a job they love,have to wait a bit to get there full money......is it really that much of a big deal by comparison?

I will repeat again

we have players on less than a grand a week.

we have Andre green who is likely to have been paid ONCE since July .  That is a first team player who has had income less than most people in this country over that period.

sure, I am sure Westwood , Rhodes and a couple of the others have a good safety net . Not true for some of them though.

• Love 2

I will repeat again

we have Andre green who is likely to have been paid ONCE since July .  That is a first team player who has had income less than most people in this country over that period.

sure, I am sure Westwood , Rhodes and a couple of the others have a good safety net . Not true for some of them though.

I’ll flip the question.....

If things are so bad why did Hutchinson come back?

Zinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnger!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I will repeat again

Pointless keeping saying that if you dont reference it,and say why? why would one player only be paid once? are you saying the statements reported about how the Chairman is paying wages are incorrect? Players on less than a grand a week will have been paid in full every week,according to reports

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’ll flip the question.....

If things are so bad why did Hutchinson come back?

Zinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnger!!!!

Yes and why has KW been happy to step between the sticks again?...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1