Failure to pay wages in April

Just now, Vaughan said:

How on Earth do folk think that not getting paid doesnt affect you mentally or subconciously ?

Its all about attitude and morale surely .... and anything that is detrimental to that will have an impact .

I know because they were absolutely brilliant when they were getting paid on time like....

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest T Hardy
11 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I dont think a single rule of behaviour applies to all.

Some wouldn’t, some would still want to do a decent job for their customers/clients (the third party) if they cared about their own professional reputation and their relationship with them. It depends on the job really but I think it applies here. 

Some won’t give a monkeys about supporters sat at home and just focus on pay. Others will care about both aspects. Or at least what people think of how they have played.

If players haven’t been paid in full yet and they feel that affects them too much (maybe that’s justified to them and some here), please just don’t play. Put one of the others in who will want to do it for themselves. The likes of FDB and co in the u23s must be dying for a game. The first team player will look better on paper but if they’re not bothered what’s the point.

Yeah I agree not every player is going to feel the same way, but is there really any reputation risk to you if you’ve already agreed a deal with another employer and it’s public knowledge that you’re not getting paid currently?

Just now, Rogers said:

If you can’t pay the first team, you have to wonder what else is going on behind the scenes 

Think I get the feeling this wont be the last time we are debating on Owlstalk some financial problem the club has.

Might be some very choppy waters for the club in next couple of years. 

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I know because they were absolutely brilliant when they were getting paid on time like....

Well you were an underperformer when you were getting paid so get over not getting paid now doesn’t fly 

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Have they been paid on time at all this season ?  I dont know...... only seems to be when its a month late that it gets reported . 

Could have been going on for months this.   Like i say ...  once morale is affected, it's a slippery slope

1 minute ago, T Hardy said:

Yeah I agree not every player is going to feel the same way, but is there really any reputation risk to you if you’ve already agreed a deal with another employer and it’s public knowledge that you’re not getting paid currently?

Well I think they are being paid but parts of it delayed. I think is being overplayed a bit in the circumstances even if it is a failing by the club. 

I think if you’re on sky and you play badly or like you can’t be bothered in a key relegation fixture then many people will notice that so yeah I think it does affect reputation. I’d want people to think I was a decent player regardless of whether i had a deal elsewhere or the club I played for was due to settle up with me in a few weeks. Fans and staff of that new club would probably be watching too. 

They are getting paid, just a bit late, with a 7k payment guaranteed until the rest follows.

If the day to day staff down there weren’t getting paid I would feel a lot different but didn’t he make the 20% up during furlough?

I’ve not heard a word about Sheila in the ticket office not getting paid on time.

All these leaks to the press are from one player, I think I know who it is, and it is just another excuse to hide behind which our more sappy fans lap up.

Self-pity and mischief on 10’s of thousands a week.  Pathetic.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Have they been paid on time at all this season ?  I dont know...... only seems to be when its a month late that it gets reported . 

Could have been going on for months this.   Like i say ...  once morale is affected, it's a slippery slope

It sounds like it’s happened on and off since late 2019. A certain amount up front and then the rest paid in full later. At least that was reported.

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

All these leaks to the press are from one player, I think I know who it is, and it is just another excuse to hide behind which our more sappy fans lap up.

Awh come on... you can't dangle the carrot without letting us have a nibble lol

• Haha 1

Guest T Hardy
5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

They are getting paid, just a bit late, with a 7k payment guaranteed until the rest follows.

If the day to day staff down there weren’t getting paid I would feel a lot different but didn’t he make the 20% up during furlough?

I’ve not heard a word about Sheila in the ticket office not getting paid on time.

Self-pity and mischief on 10’s of thousands a week.  Pathetic.  

Do we actually have confirmation that Sheila isn’t getting paid on time? A lot of companies have different payrolls that they run on different days. I’d imagine Sheila’s contract is a lot simpler than a player contract that includes goal bonus, appearance bonus etc etc, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a non footballing staff payroll and a footballing one that’s more complicated. I’m pretty sure when clubs are in such dire straits it gets reported if non footballing staff are also not getting paid. Can anyone shed any light? 

Just now, T Hardy said:

Do we actually have confirmation that Sheila isn’t getting paid on time? A lot of companies have different payrolls that they run on different days. I’d imagine Sheila’s contract is a lot simpler than a player contract that includes goal bonus, appearance bonus etc etc, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a non footballing staff payroll and a footballing one that’s more complicated. I’m pretty sure when clubs are in such dire straits it gets reported if non footballing staff are also not getting paid. Can anyone shed any light? 

Sheila’s been paid.  She paid for the curry last night.

• Haha 1

Just one more manifestation of why Mr Chansiri has consistently failed to inspire the team , the fans , the staff , or anyone else  genuinely connected with the interests of the club . Sheffield  football is currently run by a couple of people who appear to be hell bent on demonstrating how little they value  the hopes of the fans. These are awful times.  I really wonder if  this is not some convoluted plot by the two owners to  manufacture a toxic  environment in which a move to combine the two clubs could take place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kikka said:

Just one more manifestation of why Mr Chansiri has consistently failed to inspire the team , the fans , the staff , or anyone else  genuinely connected with the interests of the club . Sheffield  football is currently run by a couple of people who appear to be hell bent on demonstrating how little they value  the hopes of the fans. These are awful times.  I really wonder if  this is not some convoluted plot by the two owners to  manufacture a toxic  environment in which a move to combine the two clubs could take place. 

Our chairman has spent hundreds of millions of pounds for a day at Wembley and nearly another one.

Their chairman has spent hundreds of millions of pounds for a one off year in the sun.

If there is some masterplan, it’s a very bad one.

I just personally think we’re bothwank.....

• Like 1