Failure to pay wages in April

1 hour ago, parajack said:

And there is the rub of it.....no they are not,but some here think it acceptable  it seems for a lack of motivation....

Tell you what then

In a global pandemic with upcoming recession and the game in turmoil you become a football player that's been told that they're not getting a new contract in a few weeks and see if it demotivates YOU or not (and your family)

No offence but you're chatting absolute total nonsense here mate - it's not some kind of glorious happyland fairytale we live in - it's real life

Just because you say 'yeah if you dont have your wages and have been told you're not getting a new contract you'd just carry on giving 100% and not be demotivated at all'

lol

Come on... I know people don't want to/wouldn't dare criticise the chairman but this constant grasping for straws is getting ridiculous now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

I always thought leak to the press was more likely to come from a players agent.

Agent likely to represent several players.

Be a bid to embarrass the club into making sure the wages are paid on time in future.

Not sure that it really matters where the leak has come from.

Its hardly state secrets.

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

They are getting paid, just a bit late, with a 7k payment guaranteed until the rest follows.

If the day to day staff down there weren’t getting paid I would feel a lot different but didn’t he make the 20% up during furlough?

I’ve not heard a word about Sheila in the ticket office not getting paid on time.

All these leaks to the press are from one player, I think I know who it is, and it is just another excuse to hide behind which our more sappy fans lap up.

Self-pity and mischief on 10’s of thousands a week.  Pathetic.  

Some of the day to day staff definitely are not getting paid on time.  Some have had nothing and been told they will get paid double the next month.  These are not millionaire footballers on thousands a week.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Tell you what then

In a global pandemic with upcoming recession and the game in turmoil you become a football player that's been told that they're not getting a new contract in a few weeks and see if it demotivates YOU or not (and your family)

No offence but you're chatting absolute total nonsense here mate - it's not some kind of glorious happyland fairytale we live in - it's real life

Just because you say 'yeah if you dont have your wages and have been told you're not getting a new contract you'd just carry on giving 100% and not be demotivated at all'

lol

Come on... I know people don't want to/wouldn't dare criticise the chairman but this constant grasping for straws is getting ridiculous now

Mate these make believe scenario's you keep using are entertaining,but are a million miles from reality...negotiations on contracts dont happen over night,nd no one in this life is guaranteed another contract?

You think its only footballers have to deal with this??

I dealt with fixed term contracts and multiple redundancy,and threat of redundancy for over 10 Years.I worked with vulnerable people and in all that time never once gave less than my best.It was my job,and they depended on me.(even though i getting ****ed over )

NO i didnt like my Employer(s) but myself and my colleagues played the 90 minutes,extra time and penalty's   It was the right thing to do.....

Many i suspect will have done similar(not about me) agree to disagree my friend,your not convincing me,nor i you,but we remain in friendship WAWAW

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

Some of the day to day staff definitely are not getting paid on time.  Some have had nothing and been told they will get paid double the next month.  These are not millionaire footballers on thousands a week.

There can be no excuse for that,none whatsoever...

3 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

Then that is properly WRONG......!!!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

Not overly fussed about individual players not getting paid on time(Although accept its not a good thing for the club as a whole).

But this does annoy me if true.

Guest T Hardy
8 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

I’m shocked this hasn’t made it to the press. 

10 minutes ago, parajack said:

Mate these make believe scenario's you keep using are entertaining,but are a million miles from reality...negotiations on contracts dont happen over night,nd no one in this life is guaranteed another contract? 

lol

Jesus Christ - this is so painful now

Where do you start with the above statement

lol

Adds "Every other club let's contracts run down to zero and let's their players walk away for free" to the list of excuses for our chairman

Owlstalk Shop

Not many footballers these days have a actual connection with the city or the fans.

A footballers career can be over at any time with an injury, even if they feel some sort of loyalty or professional pride, not getting paid is bound to have an effect.  And we know that the difference between winning and looking hopeless can come down to quite fine margins....that extra few percent commitment in the challenge etc.

Its no wonder we look dreadful when you add this to all our other problems.

• Love 1

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Listen fella.

In the other thread you just said we’d spent billions like Man Utd.

Forgive me if I can’t take you seriously.

Called irony.

We have wasted so much money on dross players and commissions to our staff we now have to resort to nicking refunds and not paying people while fighting relegation.

Hopefully, Admin soon.

1 minute ago, Tyto Alba said:

Not many footballers these days have a actual connection with the city or the fans.

A footballers career can be over at any time with an injury, even if they feel some sort of loyalty or professional pride, not getting paid is bound to have an effect.  And we know that the difference between winning and looking hopeless can come down to quite fine margins....that extra few percent commitment in the challenge etc.

Its no wonder we look dreadful when you add this to all our other problems.

I value your opinion but I got a semi ‘cause you’re back.

Sorry if I objectified you.

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Called irony.

We have wasted so much money on dross players and commissions to our staff we now have to resort to nicking refunds and not paying people while fighting relegation.

Hopefully, Admin soon.

We never spent billions.

Take it back, I’ll take you seriously.

20 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

And this should put everything to bed. 

No more defending it.

This is affecting everyone at the club. And has a negative impact everywhere. If you can’t make the connection between off the field issues and a struggling football team - then you are simply sticking up for the chairman and his inability to run a football club. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2