Failure to pay wages in April

21 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It won’t prevent a deal but id be certain it’s used in wage discussions.

Again, it depends on the situation.

Players get relegated and move onto better wages and better situations all the time.

No one is going into a negotiation with a player they want saying, we were going to pay you 20k a week, but that relegation :::tsssh:::: it's knocking 5k a week off our offer.

10 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Players get relegated and move onto better wages and better situations all the time.

No one is going into a negotiation with a player they want saying, we were going to pay you 20k a week, but that relegation :::tsssh:::: it's knocking 5k a week off our offer.

Im talking about the majority of our players who bar one or two haven’t had a stellar couple of years.

9 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

True but in a wage negotiation they may say "we were going to pay you 20k per week but we've watched replays of your last 20 games and we're knocking 15k a week off"

lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Im talking about the majority of our players who bar one or two haven’t had a stellar couple of years.

Don’t quite understand this angle.

From the players out of contract, who do you think will be adversely affected by having a relegation on their CV?

Players like Tom Lees, Adam Reach, Jordan Rhodes will all get good contracts in the Championship. Speak to any coach and they’ll say they’re fantastic professionals, keep themselves fit, rarely injured (unlucky for Lees the other week). Just look at what every coach and manager has said about these players. From Pulis to Carvalhal. All speak glowingly of them. Just because they’ve struggled this season at club in crisis Sheffield Wednesday won’t have much of a bearing, honestly it won’t. 

Yeah they might not get offered the same money and at their age and ability the Championship is probably their ceiling. But it will be a better level than League One. And they’ll go on and do a good job. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You're doing that thing again where you type out what you WANT to be the ideal world but at the same time ignoring the real world, psychologym, and what is actually really happening

I havnt a clue what your saying mate,but thanks anyway......always nice to know your amongst friendslol

3 hours ago, Manwë said:

This is the fourth time.

"Under contract" ; it's on both parties to honour the contract and the reality is one side is consistently failing to comply with their side of it.  The players are under contract, so are Sheffield Wednesday, and it's Wednesday that have breached it.

The fourth time.  How many places have you worked where your billionaire boss keeps missing your pay.

Anyway, going in circles.

You repeating things is just you re stating your opinion,over and over...Fine,someone disagreeing with you,is just that.....where have i said the Club isnt breaching its contract(by not paying on time? in full?) cut & paste where i have said it....thats just you marking your own homework....by the way only a Judge in Court could decide (a) if a contract was breached (b) if said 'breach' was reasonable under the circumstances,....so stop preaching

Chansiri Billionaire??  ...well no ive never been a millionaire football player working for a Billionaire so i cant answer that...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t quite understand this angle.

From the players out of contract, who do you think will be adversely affected by having a relegation on their CV?

Players like Tom Lees, Adam Reach, Jordan Rhodes will all get good contracts in the Championship. Speak to any coach and they’ll say they’re fantastic professionals, keep themselves fit, rarely injured (unlucky for Lees the other week). Just look at what every coach and manager has said about these players. From Pulis to Carvalhal. All speak glowingly of them. Just because they’ve struggled this season at club in crisis Sheffield Wednesday won’t have much of a bearing, honestly it won’t. 

Yeah they might not get offered the same money and at their age and ability the Championship is probably their ceiling. But it will be a better level than League One. And they’ll go on and do a good job. 

Id bet most of there agents would have fewer hoops when getting their players a desired wage to jump through being able to say they finished the season strongly and avoided relegation. Some will be looking at a wage drop so it’s by how much. Having just been seen on sky doing the business rather than not can only help.

Clubs will be looking for players on as little cash as possible and will look for whatever they can to justify a lower starting position, so unless they have 2/3 clubs vying for them possibly including Wednesday then clubs will be the ones in the driving seat and dictating wages. We must have nearly 10 players out of contract and some of them will not have that many championship clubs after them and for all of them it will be a case of trying to take the best deal they can get. I think we will see a lot of players in football generally having to take a big haircut to remain in the game. This pandemic will really affect spending in the next few years.

1 hour ago, Marro said:

So it is ok for the players to be paid late and they won’t suffer any financial hardship according to you.  That view is incorrect.

If it is say why,and who is specifically effected(if you know something we dont) If not...its just you having your say on the subject,which is fair enough,but doesnt make my view 'incorrect' just different to yours

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

If it is say why,and who is specifically effected(if you know something we dont) If not...its just you having your say on the subject,which is fair enough,but doesnt make my view 'incorrect' just different to yours

I don’t know the extent individual players are affected by not being paid on time. It is fair to say some will be affected more than others.

Not paying wages on time is a breach of contract by the employer.  If most people on Owlstalk were frequently not paid their wages on time you would expect the majority would kick off (and quite rightly too).

The assumption players are not affected is wrong.  Just because you may earn a lot does not mean that your monthly outgoings don’t increase or that you are good at managing money.

My personal income per annum is probably 60% higher than it was 10 years ago but I don’t have much in terms of savings because my outgoings have increased (in part down to poor financial management much like some footballers) and if I am not paid on time I would suffer greatly.

• Like 1

I'll be honest - personally (just personally - this is my own personal opinion nothing else - not the opinion of 'site admin' or anything and not the official spokesperson for the site or anything just ME personally as a normal average fan)  I'm getting sick to the back teeth of some of our fans trying to excuse the Chairman on this one

And it's not because they're saying 'I think he's right to withold the cash from them if they're underperforming' (which is bad enough for them to say in the first place) but because they're trying to tell us that if someone doesn't get paid repeatedly and gets messed about with their wages, that it doesn't affect them at all

Sorry - that's not an opinion - that's just absolute total CRAP

I'm sick of it now

It's simply NOT TRUE

Obviously as always you're totally entitled to your opinion

But if your opinion is that people don't get affected when they're not paid then your opinion is INCORRECT

FACT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'll be honest - I'm getting sick to the back teeth of some of our fans trying to excuse the Chairman on this one

And it's not because they're saying 'I think he's right to withold the cash from them if they're underperforming' (which is bad enough for them to say in the first place) but because they're trying to tell us that if someone doesn't get paid repeatedly and gets messed about with their wages, that it doesn't affect them at all

Sorry - that's not an opinion - that's just absolute total CRAP

I'm sick of it now

It's simply NOT TRUE

Spot on.

It needs calling out.

I said yesterday that any other clubs there fans would be in uproar at the chairman. We have fans finding ways to blame the players for not being paid on time.

It’s actually sickening.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Our chairman has spent hundreds of millions of pounds for a day at Wembley and nearly another one.

Their chairman has spent hundreds of millions of pounds for a one off year in the sun.

If there is some masterplan, it’s a very bad one.

I just personally think we’re bothwank.....

and you may well be right ... that was my alternative scenario. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Spot on.

It needs calling out.

I said yesterday that any other clubs there fans would be in uproar at the chairman. We have fans finding ways to blame the players for not being paid on time.

It’s actually sickening.

You.. like Neil have real issues about not being agreed with.

I don't understand why.

Just debate your point of view.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Marro said:

I don’t know the extent individual players are affected by not being paid on time. It is fair to say some will be affected more than others.

If most people on Owlstalk were frequently not paid their wages on time you would expect the majority would kick off (and quite rightly too).

The assumption players are not affected is wrong.  Just because you may earn a lot does not mean that your monthly outgoings don’t increase or that you are good at managing money.

My personal income per annum is probably 60% higher than it was 10 years ago but I don’t have much in terms of savings because my outgoings have increased (in part down to poor financial management much like some footballers) and if I am not paid on time I would suffer greatly.

Not paying wages on time is a breach of contract by the employer. YES  totally correct,ime not quite sure why we keep returning to this,i and others have merely commented that the impact on millionaire or very wealthy, some may be more effected than others,but 7 grand a Month is not peanuts...there s no right or wrong view on this,only opinions,relevance,and context.....

Agree to differ

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I don't understand why.

Spent a lot of the day doing it. Why don’t you read the past few pages back?

Yet people are still here claiming that not being paid on time consistently throughout the season should have no impact on player performance.

It’s a point of principal now. It needs calling out. People are tying themselves in knots to defend something which isn’t really up for debate. It explains exactly why we are in the situation we’re in and people, predictably, prefer to distract the attention away. And more poo will hit the fan in the coming weeks and the disconnect between the club and fanbase distances. While we’re squabbling and people are arguing that players shouldn’t be paid on time, our club is dying in front of our eyes.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And it's not because they're saying 'I think he's right to withold the cash

Is he withholding cash...or perhaps he just ain't got any to withhold.

Seems to me, withholding wages without good cause would be illegal..

And at the very least a points deduction incoming..maybe?

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Spent a lot of the day doing it. Why don’t you read the past few pages back?

Yet people are still here claiming that not being paid on time consistently throughout the season should have no impact on player performance.

It’s a point of principal now. It needs calling out. People are tying themselves in knots to defend something which isn’t really up for debate. It explains exactly why we are in the situation we’re in and people, predictably, prefer to distract the attention away. And more poo will hit the fan in the coming weeks and the disconnect between the club and fanbase distances. While we’re squabbling and people are arguing that players shouldn’t be paid on time, our club is dying in front of our eyes.

Everything is up for debate.

Everything.

26 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I don't understand why.

Hang on..

So I can't debate back with anyone on any of their points but you can post that?

lol

Okayyyyyyy then

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Everything is up for debate.

Everything.

But if you try and debate something you get THIS posted about you

27 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Get da fooook aaaaaaada here ffs

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

What needs calling out is some of the myopic binary posting across all topics. Seeing something differently or adding some balance doesnt mean it’s leaping to the defence of the owner. But everyone knows that.

I think If you took a poll the vast majority would want the players paid on time and a change of ownership. But I think the vast majority would, despite recognising the issue, not want to let some of the players off the hook so easily for their part what has been poor for quite a while now and beyond this season. Especially if relegated.

Some player actions or poor performances which would typically get the ire of a fanbase elsewhere are not acknowledged in the same manner by some in case it takes the focus off DC and that is primarily the agenda at the moment. I think changes need to be made at the top before others follow, but still, there’s no harm in taking a wider view when the criticism is being dished out.

• Like 1