Failure to pay wages in April

Guest T Hardy
2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I would go out and do the best I could do for my current employer until I left having been rewarded handsomely for my previous work and in this context, being a well paid competitive, professional athlete.

I’ll flip the question again.

Would you put up with a mardy arsed performance from one of your best 5 a side players because you dropped him the week before because he went past the 5 weeks non-payment of subs rule?

Stop making excuses.  Winning is their job.

This is sport.

It’s his job to deliver post.

This is Royal Mail.

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I would go out and do the best I could do for my current employer until I left having been rewarded handsomely for my previous work and in this context, being a well paid competitive, professional athlete.

I’ll flip the question again.

Would you put up with a mardy arsed performance from one of your best 5 a side players because you dropped him the week before because he went past the 5 weeks non-payment of subs rule?

Stop making excuses.  Winning is their job.

This is sport.

But they’re not deliberately going out to lose or not trying.

The negative cloud that looms the club impacts performance. It just does. Like every club who’s been in crisis off the pitch. Bolton, Portsmouth, Leeds, Bury, Derby etc all struggled on the pitch when off the field shenanigans were rife. 

Football is a game of fine margins. If you’re not being paid on time it is an unwanted distraction and whether you like it or not DOES have an impact. That extra 5% is missing, there is something in the sub-conscious which puts you at a disadvantage to your opponent who has just picked up his wages in full. Combine that with the fact half the team know they’re moving on in the summer. Recipe for disaster.

The chairman is creating an incredibly toxic working environment which is a catalyst for poor performances on the pitch. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

You don't think any of the above will hinder our ability to sign players this summer? I've said it before but football is a myopic, inward looking profession where everyone talks to everyone

It's a lot lot bigger issue than the players just not getting paid on time.

So why did Moore come and why did Hutchinson return?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Errrr.. you're literally proving a point here

They came because we are ON OUR KNEES LEVEL OF DESPERATE

Yes, I want a job where I’ll never get paid.

The club I’m going to is an absolute shambles but I’ll leave my life in Cyprus and my job as manager of a much relatively smaller club to go to Sheffield Wednesday.

Do you think they came to volunteer?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So in this thread we've had:

Chansiri is right not to pay the players ahead of an absolutely critical relegation decider
The players all need to go because they're all rubbish
The managers we've had have all been rubbish 
The current manager needs to go

Not paying someone shouldn't affect their work

It's literally ANYTHING ELSE rather than actually criticise the chairman who's got us a 6 point deduction (which will relegate us ultimately), sold our stadium, pushed ticket prices to eyewatering levels of cost, called our fans 'bad customers' etc etc etc

It really is incredible what we're witnessing

Excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse for him from some people 

And I just can't fathom for the life of me why they're still defending him/it all.

You can sum up Chansiri's time at this football club with one very simple question:

"Since Chansiri arrived and has spend hundreds of millions of pounds here, what aspect of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club has improved?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Yes, I want a job where I’ll never get paid.

The club I’m going to is an absolute shambles but I’ll leave my life in Cyprus and my job as manager of a much relatively smaller club to go to Sheffield Wednesday.

Do you think they came to volunteer?

Okay mate 👍

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Specifically on player’s out of contract. If you had two weeks left in your job and already had another company lining you up on a similar salary for a guaranteed job, and your current employer hadn’t yet paid you for your last month in work, do you think you’d be fully motivated and proud to work for that current employer?

I dont think a single rule of behaviour applies to all.

Some wouldn’t, some would still want to do a decent job for their customers/clients (the third party) if they cared about their own professional reputation and their relationship with them. It depends on the job really but I think it applies here. 

Some won’t give a monkeys about supporters sat at home and just focus on pay. Others will care about both aspects. Or at least what people think of how they have played.

If players haven’t been paid in full yet and they feel that affects them too much (maybe that’s justified to them and some here), please just don’t play. Put one of the others in who will want to do it for themselves. The likes of FDB and co in the u23s must be dying for a game. The first team player will look better on paper but if they’re not bothered what’s the point.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

If Luton win tonight and Wednesday play like I’m winning this thread on Saturday then WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!

💙💪🦉

I've never been so sure we are going to be relegated until now.

• Haha 2

Think we have all known for years that players are mainly interested in the money.

Always roll my eyes when I see interviews with players saying how much they are doing for the fans and the club and only focussing on stopping up and new contracts and where they might be playing next season hasn't crossed they mind at all.

Some fans as well swallow it whole and worship some of the players, one of my pet hates.

But not paying people properly whether you like it or not is not going to help them perform and in professional sport where 1% or 2% difference is the difference between winning and losing its not going to help you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think we have all known for years that players are mainly interested in the money.

Always roll my eyes when I see interviews with players saying how much they are doing for the fans and the club and only focussing on stopping up and new contracts and where they might be playing next season hasn't crossed they mind at all.

Some fans as well swallow it whole and worship some of the players, one of my pet hates.

But not paying people properly whether you like it or not is not going to help them perform and in professional sport where 1% or 2% difference is the difference between winning and losing its not going to help you.

cant argue for those that it does effect and for the mood around the place he needs to have it sorted for Saturday

How on Earth do folk think that not getting paid doesnt affect you mentally or subconciously ?

Its all about attitude and morale surely .... and anything that is detrimental to that will have an impact .

• Like 3