Failure to pay wages in April

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

What needs calling out is some of the myopic binary posting across all topics. Seeing something differently or adding some balance doesnt mean it’s leaping to the defence of the owner. But everyone knows that.

I think If you took a poll the vast majority would want the players paid on time and a change of ownership. But I think the vast majority would, despite recognising the issue, not want to let some of the players off the hook so easily for their part what has been poor for quite a while now and beyond this season. Especially if relegated.

Some player actions or poor performances which would typically get the ire of a fanbase elsewhere are not acknowledged in the same manner by some in case it takes the focus off DC and that is primarily the agenda at the moment. I think changes need to be made at the top before others follow, but still, there’s no harm in taking a wider view when the criticism is being dished out.

Go for it then

Hate on the players

Shout at them, get angry at them, drive them out, get rid of them, replace them with brand new players

See what happens

I have my personal prediction on that one but more than happy to see it play out

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

But if you try and debate something you get THIS posted about you

Get da fooook aaaaaaada here ffs

Debate is about putting the contra viewpoint..if you don't agree with it.

Not forming an OPINION and then corralling everyone into agreement by trying to belittle their points of view.

You've come across as a bit of an overbearing pub bore the last couple of days.

I know that you are an expert at arguing but you sometimes seem to confuse it with debating.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

What needs calling out is some of the myopic binary posting across all topics. Seeing something differently or adding some balance doesnt mean it’s leaping to the defence of the owner. But everyone knows that.

I think If you took a poll the vast majority would want the players paid on time and a change of ownership. But I think the vast majority would, despite recognising the issue, not want to let some of the players off the hook so easily for their part what has been poor for quite a while now and beyond this season. Especially if relegated.

Some player actions or poor performances which would typically get the ire of a fanbase elsewhere are not acknowledged in the same manner by some in case it takes the focus off DC and that is primarily the agenda at the moment. I think changes need to be made at the top before others follow, but still, there’s no harm in taking a wider view when the criticism is being dished out.

But the issues are one in the same and are all linked

Do you not see that the poor performances are caused by the atmosphere around the club? It's an entire club issue.

The leadership being crap, effects confidence and cause anxiety and unease, which causes crap performances.

It's like trying to cure someone of a disease by curing a symptom of that disease and not what is causing it in the first place

• Like 3

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Debate is about putting the contra viewpoint..if you don't agree with it.

Not forming an OPINION and then corralling everyone into agreement by trying to belittle their points of view. 

Normally I'd agree with you

But when someone is spouting that people don't get affected when they don't get paid?

Nahhh mate - that one needs closing down big time because it's total claptrap

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I know that you are an expert at arguing but you sometimes seem to confuse it with debating.

No I dont

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

But the issues are one in the same and are all linked

Do you not see that the poor performances are caused by the atmosphere around the club? It's an entire club issue.

The leadership being crap, effects confidence and cause anxiety and unease, which causes crap performances.

It's like trying to cure someone of a disease by curing a symptom of that disease and not what is causing it in the first place

I do see that. That’s what I’m saying in that the change is needed at the top before others follow whatever that change is. A change in ownership or a handing of reins to someone else. 

But I think some (not all) of the symptoms can also be standalone and problems of their own and getting lumped in with a central diagnosis. Which exacerbates the problem as everyone has their role to play. There shouldn’t be an issue in pointing that out as long as the main problem is acknowledged. However it often gets lost (or ignored) and turned into a very binary argument when very few people actually have that simple view from what I can tell.

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Go for it then

Hate on the players

Shout at them, get angry at them, drive them out, get rid of them, replace them with brand new players

See what happens

I have my personal prediction on that one but more than happy to see it play out

I think this is a prime example of taking what I’ve posted, which even acknowledged that change is needed at the top to resolve the big issues and made it about “hating on the players”

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I think this is a prime example of taking what I’ve posted, which even acknowledged that change is needed at the top to resolve the big issues and made it about “hating on the players”

I wasn't referring to yourself mate

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I do see that. That’s what I’m saying in that the change is needed at the top before others follow whatever that change is. A change in ownership or a handing of reins to someone else. 

But I think some (not all) of the symptoms can also be standalone and problems of their own and getting lumped in with a central diagnosis. Which exacerbates the problem as everyone has their role to play. There shouldn’t be an issue in pointing that out as long as the main problem is acknowledged. However it often gets lost (or ignored) and turned into a very binary argument when very few people actually have that simple view from what I can tell.

I hear what you're saying 

Personally speaking though if I were the chairman and wanted to stay up I'd have paid the players before a crucial relegation decider

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I hear what you're saying 

Personally speaking though if I were the chairman and wanted to stay up I'd have paid the players before a crucial relegation decider

Yeah I think that’s a no brainer, assuming it’s possible to do so.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Fair play fella, sometimes it's not easy putting emotion and feelings into plain text too and lots can get misunderstood 

Always a pleasure and never a chore. I'm signing out for the evening.

MMA sparring night, so no doubt lots of people will be pleased to know that I'll get punched in the face quite a few times this evening 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There seems to be confusion about my input into this particular debate.

The only easy and clear way to explain my viewpoint is by way of analogy.

I've got the wife and kids in the back of the car on a tour to the Costa Blanco and I've completely mismanaged the journey.. running out of petrol.. mistiming the toilet breaks.. turning up when food outlets are closed.

The car starts wandering around the road and a mechanic in Barcelona says we must change four bald tyres but I know better and press on.

So we skid off the road because of my negligence and end up teetering over a cliff edge.

But there's still hope! I implore the wife to edge carefully into the back with the kids and save us all.. but she's so focused on my mistakes that she starts windmilling at me and upsets the balance and we all die.

Stay focused.. give the immediate crisis your full attention and divorce me later.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

There seems to be confusion about my input into this particular debate.

The only easy and clear way to explain my viewpoint is by way of analogy.

I've got the wife and kids in the back of the car on a tour to the Costa Blanco and I've completely mismanaged the journey.. running out of petrol.. mistiming the toilet breaks.. turning up when food outlets are closed.

The car starts wandering around the road and a mechanic in Barcelona says we must change four bald tyres but I know better and press on.

So we skid off the road because of my negligence and end up teetering over a cliff edge.

But there's still hope! I implore the wife to edge carefully into the back with the kids and save us all.. but she's so focused on my mistakes that she starts windmilling at me and upsets the balance and we all die.

Stay focused.. give the immediate crisis your full attention and divorce me later.

A more accurate analogy would be if you had been giving your wife black eyes for the last year for not having your tea on the table, and then your story above unfolds

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

A more accurate analogy would be if you had been giving your wife black eyes for the last year for not having your tea on the table, and then your story above unfolds

Yeah.. that's part of the picture.

But it's the sort of detail for the Court at the divorce hearing.

Not when you're teetering on the cliff.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Is it worth pointing out at this stage we've been absolutely gash when they have been getting paid?

That too.

We are just crap all round.

15 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Yeah.. that's part of the picture.

But it's the sort of detail for the Court at the divorce hearing.

Not when you're teetering on the cliff.

If you thought your wife could push your car over the cliff you'd not give her a black eye an hour before it

Owlstalk Shop